UK fans ripping on Neyland

Neyland is a dump right now, the exterior river facing is an eye sore, only 1 Jumbotron makes for a bad experience for half the fans, the concourses on the river side (east?) are in terrible shape, it surprises me the health department allows them to continue selling food.

Complete renovations are needed.

If you dislike it that bad I'd just stay away.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Frankly, much of what they said was right, especially the parts about "dick measuring contest among boosters" and the 30inch average width of a Tennessee butt.

Cigs and meth keeps Ky fans slim and trim. Every year when Ky comes for the SEC tourney in Nashville, it looks more like a meth head convention.

But seeing Ky fans ridicule Neyland is like the guy who just bought his first mobile home throwing off on the 2 story brick home across town build about 20 yrs ago.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Absolutely, criticism should always be met with just ignoring the issue.

Your criticism is disingenuous, it's not a dump, maybe 1/9 of the fans cannot see the jumbotron, and I walked the east side concourse every game, a little tight. If you want a post modern stadium maybe you should hang out at Jerry world.

get rid of the aluminum bleachers and have nothing but chairback seats, even if it means losing capacity.

get rid of the aluminum bleachers and have nothing but chairback seats, even if it means losing capacity.
Less the student and away sections.

The students wont use em. And I'm fine with visitors sitting on the bleachers. Piss on em.

Reactions: JacketVol
Frankly, much of what they said was right, especially the parts about "dick measuring contest among boosters" and the 30inch average width of a Tennessee butt.

Cigs and meth keeps Ky fans slim and trim. Every year when Ky comes for the SEC tourney in Nashville, it looks more like a meth head convention.

But seeing Ky fans ridicule Neyland is like the guy who just bought his first mobile home throwing off on the 2 story brick home across town build about 20 yrs ago.

Preach brother Preach! They just mad because they have been losing in Neyland since 1984.........34 years! LOL!!!

'Folder Field' smells like a big pile of fresh horse manure.

I’ve made nine trips to Neyland from 1994 to 2010, and it’s my favorite road venue in the SEC. Death Valley is a close second.

Everything that’s supposedly wrong with Neyland is what gives it charm and character. Ditto for the old Orange Bowl in Miami and the “Big Sombrero” in Tampa (RIP).

The seats in Neyland are narrow, the restrooms and concourses are outdated, but the location is gorgeous and there’s not a bad seat in the upper deck.

I had the misfortune of sitting in the north end lower bowl in 2000 (Section Z?) and it took us FOREVER to get out of the stadium, thanks to whatever building that is wedged up against the north side of the stadium. Since then most of the visitor seats were moved to the upper deck in the south end zone.

Last edited:
Your criticism is disingenuous, it's not a dump, maybe 1/9 of the fans cannot see the jumbotron, and I walked the east side concourse every game, a little tight. If you want a post modern stadium maybe you should hang out at Jerry world.

They literally don’t accept credit cards on that side of the stadium. It’s rust filled. Have you been to Alabama? College Station? Athens?

Reactions: Elhanan
I'll take it over the litter box that is Commonweath any day of the week... it's tainted with losers

Now that's funny right there -- and so accurate. Never seen people smoke as much as Kentucky people, at least not since about the 1960s. Stopped in at a Cracker Barrell in Elizabethtown, Ky., a couple of years ago and the whole "front porch" was filled with them taking a smoke break from their ham and biscuits. And when they could still smoke in the stadium concourses, you couldn't walk through there without inhaling enough smoke to send you to an early grave.

They literally don’t accept credit cards on that side of the stadium. It’s rust filled. Have you been to Alabama? College Station? Athens?

You're piss3d because you might have to walk an extra 150 feet to use a credit card and you know that if you sit there you can bring cash for faster service. haha good luck.

I’ve made nine trips to Neyland from 1994 to 2010, and it’s my favorite road venue in the SEC. Death Valley is a close second.

Everything that’s supposedly wrong with Neyland is what gives it charm and character. Ditto for the old Orange Bowl in Miami and the “Big Sombero” in Tampa (RIP).

The seats in Neyland are narrow, the restrooms and concourses are outdated, but the location is gorgeous and there’s not a bad seat in the upper deck.

I had the misfortune of sitting in the north end lower bowl in 2000 (Section Z?) and it took us FOREVER to get out of the stadium, thanks to whatever building that is wedged up against the north side of the stadium. Since then most of the visitor seats were moved to the upper deck in the south end zone.
That's Alumni. The North end of Neyland gets funneled to the tiny road below the Hill. When I was at UT (2007-2012), it was a deadlock. Students trying to get back to campus, non-students trying to get to parking or downtown.

Hopefully the stadium dripped on their heads as they left today, defeated again.

VN Store

Back