What if JG & Tua Switched Teams?

CroKev

The Oldest Sport
Guarantano has showed that he's tough (but he still holds on to the ball too long - just watch how Chryst gets rid of it when an LB is blitzing!) as he gets rushed and knocked down more than any other SEC QB. Tua has a future NFL line blocking for him and he rarely has to leave the pocket (& when he does, it's due to coverage rather an the OL breaking down).

I just wonder how good Tua would be if he played behind our OL and how good JG would be if he played behind Bama's.

NB: This isn't quite the fodder of a possible off-season thread ... but I'm close.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Alabama would be 11-1 regular season and and would probably lose to Clemson for the title. The Vols would probably finished 7-5 or 8-4 with Tau. Unfortunately, Bama has so much more going for them besides having an elite college QB.

Bama would still be undefeated, JG would be being discussed for the Heisman, Tennessee might have won more win at this point (South Carolina) ... if Tua actually made it this far in the season. JG is tough as steel and has been very lucky. He's taken some really nasty hits and many of those could have ended really badly (and the odds are getting worse). His O-line should apologize everyday for allowing that many defenders to get through basically untouched. He doesn't seem to have the pocket sense that most successful pocket passers have. So, I would think rolling him out might give him a better shot of getting a pass off instead of getting creamed from behind and losing yardage.

Last edited:
Half the people on VN would say that Keller Chryst should be starting over Tua....

Literally no one would say that. And Alabama would probably still be undefeated but with much much closer games.

Tennessee would have beat SC for sure.

Reactions: cbatey1
Literally no one would say that. And Alabama would probably still be undefeated but with much much closer games.

Tennessee would have beat SC for sure.

Have you seen how quick we fire coaches on here? If Tua had 2 straight incompletions in the first game against WVU, there would have been people on here saying to put in KC....

Chryst would be starting for Alabama.

Haha, I couldn't help myself. Ridiculous question with a ridiculous answer. Lol

Tua would be good behind our OL...
He feels the pressure and knows how to scramble..
He reads defenses pretty well and most of the time he already knows where he is going with the ball even if he has to look a safety off...
JG would be playing late 3rd and 4th quarters for Alabubba…..

Guarantano has showed that he's tough (but he still holds on to the ball too long - just watch how Chryst gets rid of it when an LB is blitzing!) as he gets rushed and knocked down more than any other SEC QB. Tua has a future NFL line blocking for him and he rarely has to leave the pocket (& when he does, it's due to coverage rather an the OL breaking down).

I just wonder how good Tua would be if he played behind our OL and how good JG would be if he played behind Bama's.

NB: This isn't quite the fodder of a possible off-season thread ... but I'm close.

If JG had gone to Bama he would now be at Rutgers. Having a good offensive line doesn't replace the basic skills, reading a D, picking up a blitz and finding receivers beyond you primary receiver, that a QB needs.

JG would have been benched already by Saban. Saban wouldn't have stood for the incompetence the JG brings. Is UT's Tua still sitting on the bench and by that I only mean better QB than the current starter ? We will never know with this staff.

VN Store

Back