What if JG & Tua Switched Teams?

Have you seen how quick we fire coaches on here? If Tua had 2 straight incompletions in the first game against WVU, there would have been people on here saying to put in KC....
We fire coaches quickly here? Are you saying Dooley and butch didn’t deserve to be fired?

I'd rather trade KC for a handful of Bama's 2nd string Olinemen.

Not only would I finally quit hearing about how awesome KC is as he rode their bench about 5th in the qb depth chart but JG wouldn't be getting the sh@t kicked out of him as he busts his azz trying to win games for us.

Might even look great behind a line that does their job.

Jg would be all sec, and Alabama would go undefeated. Tua would would be injured, he wouldn’t last 3 games behind our porous offensive line.

The Bama end would be easier to predict. They have won NCs with average QB play. Their offense wouldn't be putting up 50+ every game and they wouldn't be winning every game by 30 but I don't know that their record would be any different. Saban could go old school running and defense and still be very successful.

UT would be better, how much is hard to say. UT has good skill players but the OL is still what it is.

There are four types of QB.

Type 1. The pure all pro pocket passer: The rare breed like Peyton and Brady belong to this category. Sadly this a dying breed!

Type 2. The all star college QB: This category is for guys like Cam and Tebow. The majority of this types abilities won't always translate to a successful NFL career.

Tua falls between the first two types.

Type 3. The good college QB with intangibles: This category is for the Wilson's, Watson's and Dobbs. These are guys who are drafted in the mid rounds and in some cases will go on to have a successful NFL career.

Type 4. The serviceable to bad college QB: This is the category for the majority of college QBs. this category is made for guys like Guarantano and Hurts. Good thing with the college game, If you can field a team with other really talented position players, the serviceable QBs can elevate their play.
Hurts = Serviceable? You really didn't use Hurts and Guarantano in the same sentence as equals did you? I would agree that JG is in category 4 but Hurts? No. We would have at least 2 or more wins with Hurts behind center assuming he didn't get killed.

Hurts = Serviceable? You really didn't use Hurts and Guarantano in the same sentence as equals did you? I would agree that JG is in category 4 but Hurts? No. We would have at least 2 or more wins with Hurts behind center assuming he didn't get killed.
Comparisons are hard to make given both are playing with very different talent around them. Im not saying they are equal, but Bama is scoring almost 2 tds a game more without Hurts and games that were somewhat competitive last year are complete azz kickins this year. That doesn't mean Hurts isn't good, but the variable of Tua has made their offense basically unstoppable, where Hurts against the better teams (defenses) could be a liability.

I think Hurts is a RB with some QB skills but not enough to be a really good QB. Playing at Bama helps mask some of that when there's only a handful of teams good enough to make him play QB.

JG is a better passer. Think about behind Bamas OL with all those play makers. You rarely have to worry about the defense living in your face every single play. You have a dominant OL and RB corps that keeps the defense honest. You have elite WRs and TEs that CATCH virtually everything including the 50/50 balls. Plus you have an elite defense. Just stop. JG would be as accomplished as Hurts and would have bettef passing numbers.

You are basing everything on JG because he is playing with our garbage team.
No disrespect to Tua… but most SEC QB's in their team's top 3 on the depth chart could succeed behind Bama's OL. I'm not sure JG is a better passer but he's a very good thrower.

Guarantano has showed that he's tough (but he still holds on to the ball too long - just watch how Chryst gets rid of it when an LB is blitzing!) as he gets rushed and knocked down more than any other SEC QB. Tua has a future NFL line blocking for him and he rarely has to leave the pocket (& when he does, it's due to coverage rather an the OL breaking down).

I just wonder how good Tua would be if he played behind our OL and how good JG would be if he played behind Bama's.

NB: This isn't quite the fodder of a possible off-season thread ... but I'm close.
What if Ron Jeremy watched CroKev movies?

VN Store

Back