Knoxville Restaurants

Ate at the Fieldhouse today in the Commmons. Fantastic wings. Needed a bit of extra sauce but the smoked wings had incredible flavor.

Personally, I think Calhoun's is just not very good. You're on the river, and that's about the extent of the positives. What are you looking for? There are so many great spots downtown now...

If you are in the mood for BBQ, go to Sweet P's on Jackson. Everyone but bigdaddy loves Stock & Barrel (seriously good burgers). Higher end options: Lonesome Dove (my personal fave), J.C. Holdway, Oliver Royale, Emilia, Ruth's Chris. Nama for sushi. A Dopo for really good wood fired (but pricey) pizza. Tupleo Honey, Cafe 4, Knox Mason...

Agree about Calhoun's. If the one in LC wasn't a few miles down the lake from my parents house, I'd never consider it.

Much better food options in the Knoxville area. Although, I did have their smoked prime rib and shrimp last winter and it was very good. Other than that, drink a few beers and an app or 2 type place.

Reactions: WRU
Ate at Elvira's Cafe for lunch yesterday between hiking and River Rat Tubing. Pretty solid food. Very nice sandwich selection.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Ate at Elvira's Cafe for lunch yesterday between hiking and River Rat Tubing. Pretty solid food. Very nice sandwich selection.

Love Elvira's. I'm coming to ET for the UF game and Elvira's is on the list of places to go.

Reactions: VOLNPA
Sometime in July Restaurant Linderhof got new owners. I've heard they no longer take nor honor the gift cards you were able to buy at Cosco. They instruct you to return them to the store for a refund. They are now open 7 days a week and offer Coke products instead of Pepsi. I have no idea how menu items, prices, or food quality may have changed.

If this was previously mentioned in this thread then my bad I must have missed it.

I took my wife to Lonesome Dove tonight, and it was great, as always. Chef Love has changed much of the menu with lots of new dishes. I had the Iberico pork entree, which was very good, albeit a little shy on the portion size. The grilled oysters with manchego were delicious, but also really small.

It's an expensive, unique, fantastic restaurant, but I might spring for a big steak next time. I still haven't tried the Wagyu tomahawk, but the bison ribeye was really good last time I had it.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
I took my wife to Lonesome Dove tonight, and it was great, as always. Chef Love has changed much of the menu with lots of new dishes. I had the Iberico pork entree, which was very good, albeit a little shy on the portion size. The grilled oysters with manchego were delicious, but also really small.

It's an expensive, unique, fantastic restaurant, but I might spring for a big steak next time. I still haven't tried the Wagyu tomahawk, but the bison ribeye was really good last time I had it.

I ordered the buffalo ribeye my first visit to Lonesome Dove. I ordered it medium rare but unfortunately it turned out rather chewy. I suspect it was more of a case of being undercooked so the muscle wasn't rendered enough.

Have you tried Nama at Cedar Bluff yet?

I went to the new Nama on Friday.

Seems like some of the prices have gone up and the portions have gone down. But I’ve got nothing to compare so I could be making it up. That said, the quality was fantastic and the food was great.

We had our normal ceviche app and a chef’s choice.

I ordered the buffalo ribeye my first visit to Lonesome Dove. I ordered it medium rare but unfortunately it turned out rather chewy. I suspect it was more of a case of being undercooked so the muscle wasn't rendered enough.

Have you tried Nama at Cedar Bluff yet?

Not yet, but the kids and wife love sushi, so we will hit it soon.

On the steak: I have gotten in the habit of ordering marbled Ribeyes at good steakhouses med-rare plus. That little extra time renders the fat for a better consistency, imo.

I don't believe this one has been mentioned. Not in Knoxville area but just up the road in Dandridge.
Southern Charm Kitchen.
The business is in a converted general store from the early 1800's on Main.
Farm to table cooked the old fashioned way, cast iron etc. Home made jams and jellies by "mamaw" I was told.
One of their specialty's is a Sweet Tea marinated breaded fried chicken. Chops, steaks, fresh veggies. Homemade deserts.
We've been three times and left very full and very impressed.

Dandridge had this drug store that sold a delicious monstrosity known as "The Bible Burger."

Fond memories of scarfing those down after horsing around on Douglas Lake.

Had the prime rib lunch at Lonesome Dove and it was pretty tasty. 16 oz for 16$. Good deal

Been there many times. Food is good people are great. If you like schwarma, falafel and those types of things I’d highly recommend.

Reactions: MAD
Prime ribeye cap steak at Connor's this evening and the sear on that thing made it divine!

VN Store

Back