Shades of Clausen

lukeneyland

God Save the Heup
Does anyone else see a bit of Casey Clausen in JG? To me ( at least from what I remember I was really young when Casey played) they both have a similar on the field presence and skill set. I really think if JG gets anywhere close to adequate pass protection that he could become one of the better QB's in the conference.

No way to make much of a comparison right now. He's probably got a bigger arm than Clausen ever had, but CC just knew where to go with the ball and made plays. Having Stallworth, Washington and Witten on the other end of the throws didn't hurt either.

Last edited:
In toughness there may be a similarity, I noticed JG has done better once he gets hit a time or 2. I remember us playing Florida down there when Clausen was QB and early on Casey wasn't in rhythm very well and he got blasted on the sideline, should have been a late hit but it wasn't called. That got Casey fired up and he proceeded to go off on the gator defense with a great day and vol victory. Casey was great when the game was on the line.

Does anyone else see a bit of Casey Clausen in JG? To me ( at least from what I remember I was really young when Casey played) they both have a similar on the field presence and skill set. I really think if JG gets anywhere close to adequate pass protection that he could become one of the better QB's in the conference.

Not in the slightest, no.

Reactions: savannahfan
It's probably been that long since we've had a guy stand in the pocket and make plays.

Well Bray, but it seems just as long

Reactions: 901Vol

VN Store

Back