Knoxville Restaurants

Surprised they'd leave Knoxville with only the new smaller menu location downtown. I would hope they consider another Knoxville location. I wouldn't think Alcoa covers their current customer base. Great for the packaging operation though.

Big things getting ready to happen in Alcoa. The new city center will make it a destination

The Blackhorse is moving out of Western Plaza...They bought a building in Alcoa, where they can expand brewing operations....

Well, alrighty then. The only restaurant I visit in the Alcoa/Maryville area is Foothills Milling Co.

Last edited:
Big things getting ready to happen in Alcoa. The new city center will make it a destination

I can't see it, but hope it works for them. The only reason I ever go to Alcoa is when Midland Restaurant is calling my name for breakfast.

What is Cruze Farms putting in their ice cream?
They opened their new, permanent store tonight on Gay St & had a line down the block.

Ate at the Bearden Nama last night and had the most disappointing meal. First, our server came back and said the rice is not gluten free due to the use of a grain vinegar. She also said it was the same as always, and we have probably eaten there 20+ times with never an issue. If that's the case, it's ridiculous they wouldn't just change to a GF vinegar, given the number of people who ascribe to that diet. So, we were stuck with brown rice, which had the consistency of cold mush.

The chef platter was fairly homogenous and uncreative (quite different from the norm when we've ordered them). The fish seemed good in taste and texture, as always.

The service was sub-par, as well, and we were left without a recheck and water refills for about 20 minutes.

Sadly, I will not be eager to return, and the rice might just be a deal-breaker. It ruined the meal.

Ate at the Bearden Nama last night and had the most disappointing meal. First, our server came back and said the rice is not gluten free due to the use of a grain vinegar. She also said it was the same as always, and we have probably eaten there 20+ times with never an issue. If that's the case, it's ridiculous they wouldn't just change to a GF vinegar, given the number of people who ascribe to that diet. So, we were stuck with brown rice, which had the consistency of cold mush.

The chef platter was fairly homogenous and uncreative (quite different from the norm when we've ordered them). The fish seemed good in taste and texture, as always.

The service was sub-par, as well, and we were left without a recheck and water refills for about 20 minutes.

Sadly, I will not be eager to return, and the rice might just be a deal-breaker. It ruined the meal.

The gluten menu says the white rice only has "trace amounts of gluten due to distillation process". http://namasushibar.com/menus/NamaNash_Gluten.pdf
I'll bet your better half has gotten it before and didn't have an issue, maybe?

Whenever you eat at Nama, make sure that that if you're having the fish of the day or a chef's platter, please ensure that they do not serve escolar. For some reason Nama always seems to have this fish on hand, and try to serve to the unsuspecting public. Escolar literally has a laxative effect and should be avoided at all costs - This Fish May Make You Very, Very Sick

With that being said the last time I was at the Nama Bearden location was about a month ago. They had some amazing sashimi specials. I had Otoro sashimi served with a soy ginger sauce. Outstanding food. Likewise, I typically eat at the bar there, so service is always excellent.

VN Store

Back