'19 AL QB Cornelious Brown

So based on the Taulia thread we should take Corn and color QB recruiting done.

Reactions: 4 people
Brown needs to go to a school that wants him as option A at QB. Hopefully the KID makes the right decision. Has a lot of talent and is a smart kid in the classroom.

No the kid needs to go to a school where he has a chance to compete. Option A, B, or Z doesn't matter when you put the helmet on. If he is good, he will see the field.

No the kid needs to go to a school where he has a chance to compete. Option A, B, or Z doesn't matter when you put the helmet on. If he is good, he will see the field.

At QB it’s different and he doesn’t need to be a backup option. Say what you want about competition but coaches always will have their “GUYS”. At QB in particular you need to be the guy the coach wants to build around.

At QB it’s different and he doesn’t need to be a backup option. Say what you want about competition but coaches always will have their “GUYS”. At QB in particular you need to be the guy the coach wants to build around.

So what you are saying is all those elite QBs at Bama are backups except for one , “ the one guy” ? 🤔

Reactions: 3 people
I kinda see where you want to go with that but here’s the problem , they better all have that ability to be “ the guy “ because it may happen at some point that they are put in out of necessity so recruiting a qb from the onset to not be a starter is kind of crazy . You pick what you like best and that fits you the best from the pool you have based on information you gather and let completion force the cream to the top .

Curious as to how UGA has signed (swindled, perhaps) Eason, Fromm, and Fields in consecutive classes using your theory.

Reactions: 4 people
Y'all have covered it. If QB's only went to schools where they were going to be THE MAN schools wouldn't sign all these top QB's year after year.

Reactions: 1 person
Y'all have covered it. If QB's only went to schools where they were going to be THE MAN schools wouldn't sign all these top QB's year after year.

Why would you want to go to a school that only wants to offer you if they don’t get another guy? If I’m good enough to play for you then I’m good enough to play for you especially at QB. Unless they need to see something on the field(Which is viable) then I wouldn’t want to be a backup option at QB. Those spots are limited in classes and you want to be THE GUY.

Curious as to how UGA has signed (swindled, perhaps) Eason, Fromm, and Fields in consecutive classes using your theory.

Eason- He had personal issues
Fromm- Had an ideal situation happen for him
Fields- I don’t know what his parents saw because I would’ve eliminated Georgia from the process after Fromm was entrenched as a starter. Especially with a talented kid like Fields. Will be like David Greene and DJ Shockley at Georgia some years back.

Why would you want to go to a school that only wants to offer you if they don’t get another guy? If I’m good enough to play for you then I’m good enough to play for you especially at QB. Unless they need to see something on the field(Which is viable) then I wouldn’t want to be a backup option at QB. Those spots are limited in classes and you want to be THE GUY.

Then he should be prepared to play outside the SEC.

Then he should be prepared to play outside the SEC.

I would hope he would play outside the SEC to showcase his arm a bit more. He’s a kid that needs to be in a BIG 12 type of offense. Where he can throw the ball around. Has an extremely strong arm on him.

I would hope he would play outside the SEC to showcase his arm a bit more. He’s a kid that needs to be in a BIG 12 type of offense. Where he can throw the ball around. Has an extremely strong arm on him.

Showcase for who? I'm pretty sure that scouts can verify arm strength from any type of offense.

Look, the kid can go where he wants. Pruitt was straight up and told him where he is on the board. If he really wants to be at UT and is ok with letting things play out are you gonna think less of him? That being said, I'm sure he has lots of teams that would take him right now and he could go be THE MAN. He seems to really like UT and send to be going to let things play out a little longer.

That’s what worries me about this staff playing chryst over JG

Eason- He had personal issues
Fromm- Had an ideal situation happen for him
Fields- I don’t know what his parents saw because I would’ve eliminated Georgia from the process after Fromm was entrenched as a starter. Especially with a talented kid like Fields. Will be like David Greene and DJ Shockley at Georgia some years back.

That doesn't really address the reasoning behind each kid signing with UGA. Fromm and Fields had no knowledge of any alleged issues Eason may/may not have had. Yet, each still signed on to play.

Reactions: 2 people
How about we play the best one at their position that gives us the best chance to win games , no matter who they are .

And as importantly, assume that is what the staff wants also until they demonstrate otherwise.

Can someone please aware me about Eason's personal issues? Is there more to it than him just being upset over losing his spot due to injury?

How about we play the best one at their position that gives us the best chance to win games , no matter who they are .
I wonder if the coaches will do that. Chryst isn’t very good. JG has a ton of potential. Give him the reps in game and let him figure it out

I wonder if the coaches will do that. Chryst isn’t very good. JG has a ton of potential. Give him the reps in game and let him figure it out

Staff didn't recruit Chryst to UT to play school, so we will see. Pruitt has made it clear this isn't Year Zero. He wants to win now, so he's not going to start JG and hope he "figures it out." Pruitt and Helton will start whoever they think can win now.

Given my vast, decades long history evaluating qb's I would take Brown now with open arms and pass on the AL commit.

(Actually, I have no more expertise than any other poster here, but the kid has some talent, a frame to grow into, and wants to come to UT. Nuff said.)

So based on the Taulia thread we should take Corn and color QB recruiting done.

My thoughts exactly. Wrap up QB recruiting other than simply staying in touch and focus more on the big fish (Wright, Crouch, Bogle, etc)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back