SDE
6-4
CLASS OF 19
LOUISVILLE, MS
(LOUISVILLE)

Charles Moore, Louisville, Strong-Side Defensive End

Charles Moore, 2019 Strongside defensive end - Rivals.com

Charles Moore - Hudl

The Miss St commit is visiting Tennessee this weekend per VQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 85SugarVol
Couple DL committed to other SEC schools on campus...

Hearing that Mississippi natives Jaren Handy (Auburn) and Charles Moore (Mississippi State) were at Tennessee today. Both are 4-star prospects who have had very open recruitments despite their commitments. Handy recently committed to AU after being a longtime LSU commit. Moore has been on campus several times now and is also seriously considering Auburn and Ole Miss still.

-Simonton

Just tuck this away for later, but keep an eye on defensive lineman Charles Moore (Mississippi State) and Jaren Handy (Auburn) into the fall. Both SEC commits were in town Saturday and the Vols are working to flip the close friends and Top-200 defensive linemen. Handy has flipped before (and just recently committed to Auburn), while Moore has visited schools (namely Ole Miss and AU) a bunch as a State pledge. Pruitt & Co., like big bodies and those two fit that to a T. With their recruitment no where near being done, the Vols will try to make a move here.

-Simonton

Moore and Handy are excellent prospects and great versatile DL fits for Pruitt's defense. They'd be great gets. After getting Eboigbe recently, I don't think Bama will push for either unless they miss on their top DL targets. AU is aiming to keep Handy and flip Moore.

Recruiting MS kids is usually a wild ride. Buckle up. :lol:

Last edited:
Moore and Handy are excellent prospects and great versatile DL fits for Pruitt's defense. They'd be great gets. After getting Eboigbe recently, I don't think Bama will push for either unless they miss on their top DL targets. AU is aiming to keep Handy and flip Moore.

I find it interesting that nearly every prospect talked about on here as being a candidate for us is “not a take for Bama” but would be good for us. I guess DWA wasn’t either, or Trey Smith, or Lakia Henry, cause, if they were, guess we wouldn’t have a shot huh? If Taulia flips Bama probably didn’t really want him anyway, right?

Reactions: 2 people

To be perfectly honest, aren't we all?

Reactions: 5 people
I find it interesting that nearly every prospect talked about on here as being a candidate for us is “not a take for Bama” but would be good for us. I guess DWA wasn’t either, or Trey Smith, or Lakia Henry, cause, if they were, guess we wouldn’t have a shot huh? If Taulia flips Bama probably didn’t really want him anyway, right?

It's true, though.

Reactions: 1 person
Since UT and Bama recruit some of the same prospects I figure it's of interest to UT fans where those guys are on Bama's board. I don't know for sure where they are, but I follow recruiting enough to have a pretty good feel for it.

Bama already has commits from two DEs, but they're not done with DTs yet. There are four guys not named Handy or Moore that they appear to be pushing the hardest for right now.

Bama has one ILB commit and will take 1-2 more. There are 4-6 guys who appear to be ahead of Lakia Henry on Bama's board. Last I heard they touch base with Henry every two weeks or so, but haven't made an effort to get him on campus.

I think DWA was a take, so congrats!

Bama wouldn't have taken Taulia's commitment if they didn't want him.

I can stop sharing that kind of information at any time if that's what VolNation would prefer.

Last edited:
Since UT and Bama recruit some of the same prospects I figure it's of interest to UT fans where those guys are on Bama's board. I don't know for sure where they are, but I follow recruiting enough to have a pretty good feel for it.

Bama already has commits from two DEs, but they're not done with DTs yet. There are four guys not named Handy or Moore that they appear to be pushing the hardest for right now.

Bama has one ILB commit and will take 1-2 more. There are 4-6 guys who appear to be ahead of Lakia Henry on Bama's board. Last I heard they touch base with Henry every two weeks or so, but haven't made an effort to get him on campus.

I can stop sharing that kind of information at any time if that's what VolNation would prefer.
Hey TS, you must be an awfully patient man. No way I would put up with the abuse you take. There are a bunch of bullies and Tuff Guys on VN, all waiting to take a shot at anyone that seems to know something. Doesn't matter who it is, fair game,all. Keyboard cowboys.

Reactions: 5 people
Apparently not, according to TS...
Bama had Moore on campus for a workout very recently, but so far he hasn't been offered. A month or so ago, Moore told a BamaOnLine reporter that an offer from Bama would end his recruitment, that he'd flip and shut it down. Moore also said he was staying committed to MSU, but was very open to shopping around. I don't know if Moore still feels that way about Bama since they landed Eboigbe and haven't offered him. It appears he's actively exploring and seriously considering other options now. But MSU is recruiting well, so maybe he'll stay put there.

Like I said, recruiting MS kids is typically a wild ride. For example, Nathan Pickering gave Bama a silent commitment back in February, but then was visiting others schools instead of Bama. After he finally visited Bama recently, he told them they had taken a big lead again, and his mom even said if it was up to her she would've committed during the visit. A week or so later, he committed to MSU on the same day Eboigbe committed to Bama, and Handy quickly committed to Auburn. UGA and Auburn were thought to be the only two serious contenders for Eboigbe. UGA, AU and the recruiting sites were all surprised when Eboigbe committed to Bama. I was too.

Last edited:

Keep bringing it!

Reactions: 1 person

I appreciate any info you bring, and I certainly didn’t mean to come across as rude. it just always seems to come from the “he’s not a take for Bama so congrats” position. Maybe it’s true, but TN has and will beat Bama in some of those recruiting battles so not everyone we get is “not a take” for the the tide

I appreciate any info you bring, and I certainly didn’t mean to come across as rude. it just always seems to come from the “he’s not a take for Bama so congrats” position. Maybe it’s true, but TN has and will beat Bama in some of those recruiting battles so not everyone we get is “not a take” for the the tide
:toast: Yes, UT will beat Bama in some head-to-head recruiting battles. Generally speaking, at this point UT's roster isn't as loaded with the same level of competition for early playing time. That's an advantage that'll work in UT's favor for some recruits, but not all.

ETA: I'm not being arrogant if/when I say I don't think a recruit is currently a take for Bama. I'm merely trying to share my assessment of the situation.
And my assessment can be wrong too. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratvol and vols555
:toast: Yes, UT will beat Bama in some head-to-head recruiting battles. Generally speaking, at this point UT's roster isn't as loaded with the same level of competition for early playing time. That's an advantage that'll work in UT's favor for some recruits, but not all.

ETA: I'm not being arrogant if/when I say I don't think a recruit is currently a take for Bama. I'm merely trying to share my assessment of the situation.

Appreciate it

Oh Bass, you’re just looking for his posts aintcha? :)

The NEXT time you admit that Bama really wanted a recruit Tennessee landed will be the first. :hi:

Reactions: 6 people

You're ok, TS. We are going to give you grief because you are a rival, afterall. But it's harmless.

Reactions: 2 people
The NEXT time you admit that Bama really wanted a recruit Tennessee landed will be the first. :hi:
I have no problem admitting Bama gets beat for recruits they want. It happens pretty regularly.

You've made it a habit of trying to read between the lines of my posts and tell VolNation what I meant and what I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back