Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
not everyone is a soft lazy quitter and most played on very successful high school teams

the coaches quit and the player's followed suit to a certain degree.........still have some gamers and those who are quitters will be processed quickly

Some guys with more talent will get an opportunity to play and will have better coaching.

I do not disagree..of course they are not all like that, but enough are that it was a big problem. I don't know who is and who isn't outside of Trey and Nigel...I'm telling you 6-6 is going to be a hell of a job..THIS YEAR...now the year after I expect to see some big improvemnent in wins.

:thud: This staff will teach them quickly, like in 8 months. Don’t worry, we are winning in 2018. Kirby Smart can’t beat Pruitt. Mullen can’t beat Pruitt. He will have their numbers. Come on man, have a little more faith in this whole team. You’ll see.:clapping:
See Jacket...this is what I'm talking about. I have a lot of faith in Pruitt, I think he is the man to resurrect the program. It is also my opinion it ain't happening this year..that's nonsense. I'll see how much you boys believe in Pruitt after we win 5 or 6 next season..I will still be on board as long as the team is playing better fundamental football...will you?

Reactions: 4 people
See Jacket...this is what I'm talking about. I have a lot of faith in Pruitt, I think he is the man to resurrect the program. It is also my opinion it ain't happening this year..that's nonsense. I'll see how much you boys believe in Pruitt after we win 5 or 6 next season..I will still be on board as long as the team is playing better fundamental football...will you?

If Pruitt can get us to 6 or wins in 2018 I will be impressed. We have question marks at way too many positions, including the 3 most critical - OL, DL, and QB. Plus he has to completely change a broken culture. As a point of reference, Saban had to completely change the culture at Bama and went 6-6 his first season, and weeded out many of Shula's players. And then year 2 Bama was back.

As you said, I want to see us vastly improve on the basics. The wins will follow as Pruitt and his staff bring in better players. I think year 2 is when we really see this team take a big step forward in the wins column.

Looks like you and I agree on this (the world could be falling apart).

I think 6 wins is a great season and gets momentum in our corner for 2019 and recruiting. In my opinion, the thing people are missing is the fact that we no longer have the same talent that other programs have (Bama, UGA, Auburn, TXA&M, Florida, etc.). I AM NOT saying we didn't recruit better rated, higher quality players. I AM SAYING that after being coached up by Butchy and his his staff the players likely aren't as developed as players that have been coached up for 1-3 years elsewhere. So yes, there is and will be a talent gap for a period of time, which is a shame. I think this staff can correct that curve faster than other staffs others, but that curve will still exist. You can't go 1-3 (depending on how long the player has been in the program) years without developing talent and expect the team to have a 7,8,9,10 win season next year.

At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are and that's a 4 win team. On top of my above comments, it also doesn't show much about the leadership and commitment of some of the players. It is easy to do the right thing when things are going well, but really shows the type of player / competitor you are when things are going down the ****ter fast. The best players are the ones going the extra mile when the coaches aren't watching and aren't telling you what to do.

With that being said, I don't have any hard evidence of the above, and it is simply my opinion. Despite the coaching changes, I don't think anyone should expect more than 6 wins, and 6 wins would be huge, in my opinion.

6 wins is never huge. 6 wins is never a great season. 6 wins would be meh.

6 wins isn't huge or great, but it's important. The extra practices and bowl is important. Anything less than 6, even for a 1st year coach, is a disappointment.

Pruitt has the right mindset. He wants to win every time, not just every game but every snap.

Reactions: 3 people
6 wins isn't huge or great, but it's important. The extra practices and bowl is important. Anything less than 6, even for a 1st year coach, is a disappointment.

Pruitt has the right mindset. He wants to win every time, not just every game but every snap.

Agree that making a bowl is very important but 6 wins should be the floor this fall not the ceiling.

I do not disagree..of course they are not all like that, but enough are that it was a big problem. I don't know who is and who isn't outside of Trey and Nigel...I'm telling you 6-6 is going to be a hell of a job..THIS YEAR...now the year after I expect to see some big improvemnent in wins.

Go 3-6 and beat 3 cupcakes is all it takes to win 6.

If the on field product looks good then that is a positive. I like everything so far. However, I am not diving in blindly and going Lane train or butch stones ever again. I am taking emotion out of it and judging results. 7 wins would not automatically resurrect the program and is not nonsense either. Winning the east is nonsense. Butch showed quite early he was a bad game day coach but I didn’t want to believe it. I am going in eyes wide open. If we don’t win 7 and the team looks good on the field, I will still not be convinced. I won’t be fire him or saying Pruitt gonna do it. I will keep observing. We should be competing for championships by year three but like anyone else, he should be given until his first real fully recruited class are juniors unless he really craps the bed. That is four years if you do the math.

6 wins is never huge. 6 wins is never a great season. 6 wins would be meh.

I don't disagree with you in absolute terms, but in relative terms 6 wins is a great season all things considered (talent depletion over 4 years, program turmoil, etc.) Keep in mind we got blown out by Vandy, Missouri, LSU, etc.

Yes, we were close vs Kentucky, SCeast, Florida, etc. but we were also pretty close to losing the GTech and UMass and it's not like we blew the doors off of S Miss.

We could have easily been 7-5 and we also could have just as easily been 2-10.

3-6 vs WV, Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vandy given our current position as a team / program isn't a bad outcome for those 9 games. It could easily turn into 5 wins, but could also turn into 1 win.

Remember 6-6 isn't "great" in absolute terms, but in relative terms considering where this program was last year and what Butch left us with, 6-6 is a great season.

Looks like you and I agree on this (the world could be falling apart).

I think 6 wins is a great season and gets momentum in our corner for 2019 and recruiting. In my opinion, the thing people are missing is the fact that we no longer have the same talent that other programs have (Bama, UGA, Auburn, TXA&M, Florida, etc.). I AM NOT saying we didn't recruit better rated, higher quality players. I AM SAYING that after being coached up by Butchy and his his staff the players likely aren't as developed as players that have been coached up for 1-3 years elsewhere. So yes, there is and will be a talent gap for a period of time, which is a shame. I think this staff can correct that curve faster than other staffs others, but that curve will still exist. You can't go 1-3 (depending on how long the player has been in the program) years without developing talent and expect the team to have a 7,8,9,10 win season next year.

At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are and that's a 4 win team. On top of my above comments, it also doesn't show much about the leadership and commitment of some of the players. It is easy to do the right thing when things are going well, but really shows the type of player / competitor you are when things are going down the ****ter fast. The best players are the ones going the extra mile when the coaches aren't watching and aren't telling you what to do.

With that being said, I don't have any hard evidence of the above, and it is simply my opinion. Despite the coaching changes, I don't think anyone should expect more than 6 wins, and 6 wins would be huge, in my opinion.

Same guys for the most part should’ve won six last year and Florida is not that far ahead of us talent or development wise. Georgia, Bama, and Auburn are but not everyone else. Butch was horrible and was one play away from three more wins. The only lucky win was Tech. I expect this staff to do more than Jones and this was not a four win team with talent. 6-7 wins is not that difficult with our schedule. Worse thing is having to play UCS there after the Gauntlet games.

I don't disagree with you in absolute terms, but in relative terms 6 wins is a great season all things considered (talent depletion over 4 years, program turmoil, etc.) Keep in mind we got blown out by Vandy, Missouri, LSU, etc.

Yes, we were close vs Kentucky, SCeast, Florida, etc. but we were also pretty close to losing the GTech and UMass and it's not like we blew the doors off of S Miss.

We could have easily been 7-5 and we also could have just as easily been 2-10.

3-6 vs WV, Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vandy given our current position as a team / program isn't a bad outcome for those 9 games. It could easily turn into 5 wins, but could also turn into 1 win.

Remember 6-6 isn't "great" in absolute terms, but in relative terms considering where this program was last year and what Butch left us with, 6-6 is a great season.

What we did last year doesn't matter this year. Just because we sucked in 2017 with the previous staff doesn't mean we'll suck in 2018 with the new staff.

Reactions: 2 people
My view is that if Pruitt can’t get to 6 wins this fall, I’m concerned. I won’t foam and moan about it on this board, but I will have my doubts.

Dooley and Jones inherited much worse rosters. Dooley won 6 his first year and Jones almost won 6 (and should have except he got bad breaks against Vandy and UGA). That schedule Jones faced his first year was the worst one I can remember. We played seven ranked teams, as I recall. Had Bama and Auburn from the West, Oregon on the road, the best Mizzou team in a generation on the road. The best USC team in their program’s history. Florida on the road. A tough Georgia team that was ranked 6 when we played them.

Pruitt has better talent and a manageable schedule. I trust he can get us at least 6 and probably more.

Reactions: 1 person
Last year has zero to do with this year..results are not transitive.

I am looking at what they need to get done..They literally have to tear this team apart, strip it down to the bone, and teach them a whole new system on offense and defense..that is going to take more than a couple of months of practices.

I am so concerned that the inevitable attrition that is already happening with this bunch of soft, lazy and apathetic quitters is going to kill what little depth we have, it already is. In essence this team may just not have enough players to compete by the time the season and it's inevitable injuries get here.

We should’ve never lost 8 and had ton of injuries and should’ve won six butches first year and everything was new then as well. Butch has killed your mindset to that of a losers football wise. Less than six wins next year would have never questioning Pruitt. Losing by 30 to Bama in the other hand would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back