Jacob Eason Transferring?

Only issue with not having transfer penalty rules is legit starters could transfer just as easily. It makes things a little different when you don’t picture the kid that’s riding pine due to tough breaks or the coaches weren’t honest. I would just be worried rosters could drastically change season to season. What if Bama needs a new starting QB? Suddenly the entire country is worried they are going to lose their stud starter who wants to make a run at a championship.

Then when coaches leave you risk guys going with them. When the head coach leaves, can his juniors follow him for their senior season? Rosters could be devasted without something to tie the players in. Not saying it’s always fair in each individual player’s unique situation. But the current transfer rules are better for the game in the gran scheme of things.

Ncaa should allow schools to pay buyouts to other schools for player's like they do for coach's all the time that walk away from their commitments for another job.

If this were allowed, we could take all of your good players who want to play for a NC program. You might want to rethink that.

Technically correct. As such, if UT did not recruit him, and he left UGA, he could enroll at UT (or any FBS that did not recruit him), pay his own way for 1 year and immediately walk on to the football team. And even start immediately. He could not accept a scholarship until his second year at said school. I'm pretty sure that is what Mayfield did, but not 100% sure.

He can transfer and come here and pay his own way, but he still has to sit a year. He cannot show up in Jan. and play the following Sept. The bigger question is why would he want to come here after getting away from a Saban defensive guy who won't allow him to showcase his talent to another one?

Miami would be a perfect destination for Eason with this being Malik Rosier's last year as QB there. But with Washington's resurgence under Chris Petersen and QB Jake Browning's last year coming up, I could also see Eason headed home play at UW.

Miami would be a perfect destination for Eason with this being Malik Rosier's last year as QB there. But with Washington's resurgence under Chris Petersen and QB Jake Browning's last year coming up, I could also see Eason headed home play at UW.

Bingo. Perfect for everyone.

If this were allowed, we could take all of your good players who want to play for a NC program. You might want to rethink that.

You might want to use some of that hot air to blow the dust off your crystal football.

Oh wait....you don't have one

Attachments

• foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 4 people
You might want to use some of that hot air to blow the dust off your crystal football.

Oh wait....you don't have one

What do you think is more relevant to recruits, UGA's 2017 SEC championship and playoff appearance or UT's championship before they were born? If Pruitt continues recruiting like he is then UT can certainly get back to the 90's, but right now I don't see how UT's 98 championship is any more relevant than UGA's 1980 one.

Reactions: 1 person
So I guess free agency in the NFL is talent redistribution?

How dumb are you?

So a player can choose to be a free agent whenever they want?

Stop the insults Nancy, you know you cornered yourself. Stick to the point you stated and don't stoop to your PF BS of trying to change a point after you made it.

Last edited:
Nope, LOIs are for one year, and pretty sure scholarship agreements are too

My understanding:
The LOI contractually binds you to the school through your eligibility. A scholarship is for one year. The way the school makes the first statement true is to continue to offer the scholarship year to year. The only way to break that LOI in general is to decline the scholarship offer (i.e. sit out a year or pay your own way) or for the school to release you. Ergo, the school can hold you through your eligibility.

My understanding:
The LOI contractually binds you to the school through your eligibility. A scholarship is for one year. The way the school makes the first statement true is to continue to offer the scholarship year to year. The only way to break that LOI in general is to decline the scholarship offer (i.e. sit out a year or pay your own way) or for the school to release you. Ergo, the school can hold you through your eligibility.

Specifically, by signing an NLI, you agree to attend the institution for one year in exchange for the institution's promise, in writing, to provide you athletics financial aid for the entire academic year. Simply, by signing an NLI you are given an award including athletics aid for the upcoming academic year provided you are admitted to the institution and you are eligible for athletics aid under NCAA rules.

Signing the NLI

By signing an NLI and athletics financial aid agreement, a prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the signing institution for one academic year and receive a written offer of athletics financial aid for one academic year provided the prospective student-athlete meets all applicable university, conference and NCAA regulations for receipt of financial aid. The athletics financial aid agreement may be awarded for more than one academic year in Division I per NCAA rules.
SATISFYING THE TERMS OF THE NLI: A prospective student-athlete may satisfy the terms of the NLI by attending the signing institution for at least one academic year (i.e., two semesters or three quarters) as a full-time student

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

Everyone should have known a player can transfer, but that transfer isn't free. No point in arguing the rule of having to sit out a year, it's the rule and not changing this year. Now I am not quite sure how or why one school can block a transfer or force the player sit out 2 years came about, I am guessing it was to keep players from following coaches. Bottom line is Eason will never take a snap for UT, because Kirby Smart will not release him to play in the SEC and he shouldn't. We would be pissed if Pruitt released a potential starter to one of our rivals and we all know it.

Everyone should have known a player can transfer, but that transfer isn't free. No point in arguing the rule of having to sit out a year, it's the rule and not changing this year. Now I am not quite sure how or why one school can block a transfer or force the player sit out 2 years came about, I am guessing it was to keep players from following coaches. Bottom line is Eason will never take a snap for UT, because Kirby Smart will not release him to play in the SEC and he shouldn't. We would be pissed if Pruitt released a potential starter to one of our rivals and we all know it.

I wouldn’t be pissed, but then again, I’m not needlessly vindictive toward kids like so many here apparently are. Speak for yourself

Hey, how about this one? No coach in the SEC can change jobs of an equal level (HC to HC; coordinator to coordinator; position coach to position coach) to another SEC school without sitting out two years with no salary. :whistling:

Reactions: 2 people
What do you think is more relevant to recruits, UGA's 2017 SEC championship and playoff appearance or UT's championship before they were born? If Pruitt continues recruiting like he is then UT can certainly get back to the 90's, but right now I don't see how UT's 98 championship is any more relevant than UGA's 1980 one.

You got zinged. Take it like a man.

Or should we include all of Army's NC's in the 40's?

You got zinged. Take it like a man.

Or should we include all of Army's NC's in the 40's?

lol I agree with you. Championships or championship appearances outside of the current decade don’t mean much to fans or recruits. My point was that recruits don’t care about championships from before they were born.

lol I agree with you. Championships or championship appearances outside of the current decade don’t mean much to fans or recruits. My point was that recruits don’t care about championships from before they were born.

I agree completely. Thanks for being such a good sport when I had a mild attack of smart***.

FWIW, I'm a UGA fan 364 days out of the year. And I think they have a good chance to win out.

Still, Go Vols.

How about better facilities and town and 2nd winningest team in the SEC and 9th in Nation .

VN Store

Back