Jacob Eason Transferring?

It's a feudal mentality which allows restriction of these players. Sadly, personal liberty is not a cherished value amongst many here in the US.

To play devils advicate: those who believe in personal freedom celebrate the fact that the young man chose to trade his football talents for certain benefits provided by UGA. The price and condition of that trade was put in writing with all parties signing intending to be bound by those conditions.

Imagine if he had walked into an Army recruiter’s office and signed up for a four year tour. A couple years later he no longer likes the food, he isn’t being promoted fast enough, and wants to leave. Should he be allowed to just walk into his commanders office and quit or go join the Navy?

To play devils advicate: those who believe in personal freedom celebrate the fact that the young man chose to trade his football talents for certain benefits provided by UGA. The price and condition of that trade was put in writing with all parties signing intending to be bound by those conditions.

Imagine if he had walked into an Army recruiter’s office and signed up for a four year tour. A couple years later he no longer likes the food, he isn’t being promoted fast enough, and wants to leave. Should he be allowed to just walk into his commanders office and quit or go join the Navy?

Players are generally making one-year commitments, not four-year ones. Eason satisfied his and he's bound anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
To me it kind of seems like Smart really screwed Eason by putting him in for mop up duty a few times early in the season so he couldn't get a medical redshirt. Maybe Smart didn't do it on purpose, but in retro spec it sure looks like it.

I believe GA would block him from going to SEC. He should go to Washington St.

Washington with Chris Petersen is a much better fit. Also, Miami would be huge for him. Their QB was exposed badly in the last quarter of the season.

At this point, Eason is prepping for the NFL. An outside the box transfer would be to FAU. Kiffin is likely there for another year atleast. Eason prolly would get drafted by round 4 as it stands right now. Spend a season with Kiffin, who has a QB rotation problem, and just put up big numbers week in and week out and get back into the first round of the draft.

Last edited:
He's everything they hoped he would be and they still benched him. He didn't break team rules. He didn't fail in the classroom or fail to put the work in. He played well from the get-go, got hurt, and it turned out somebody else was better than him. No idea why anybody thinks it's right or OK for UGA to stand in the way of his best future.

It's ****ing bananas that this BS is allowed.

There is no certifiable proof that Fromm is way better than Eason. Fromm came in and kept the train rolling on schedule. Personally, I think when UGA got down 14-17 points vs Auburn, Eason should have been given a series or two. At the end of the day, UGA has a great problem at QB with Fromm, Eason, and Fields. I do think Eason should transfer just because now that Fromm just happened to be the QB, who was on the field, is going to the playoff.

Will not come to UT. He wants to play right now so he will transfer to the Big10 or ACC

You realize he is infinitely better than any QB we have on the roster or currently recruiting right?

Eason would walk into the starting role without breaking a sweat.

You do realize that the football scholarship is only for one year? It's the schools choice to extend it each year, not the athlete...

I feel bad that Eason got Wally Pipp'ed, but I don't get the UT outrage over it. Why are UT fans upset that a guy who had no interest during his recruitment will be blocked from going to their school? The rumors around campus are that his parents want him back on the west coast. I'd bet UW or WSU with Richt and Miami being the only east coast team since his family already has a relationship with him. Pruitt is an amazing recruiter, but I think his immediate impact will be with recruits on the defense. If he's able to find an established OC, then I could see pieces falling into place for UT. Speaking of which, what is the news on the UT OC position?

I don't think GA is too concerned about him going to another SEC school. He is a good QB but hasn't lived up to the hype of being an elite QB.

As I said after the UGA Spring Game, Fromn is better; and he will be a potential elite QB by Junior year.

Fromm just flat out makes better decision's under pressure along with having good mobility. Eason has a much bigger arm though, and if he can become more comfortable in the pocket, he will most definitely shine.

Yeah a fully paid scholarship that includes housing, meal plans and books is nothing. Oh and lets factor in the money from boosters and other local businesses. Considering that some, if not many, of these student athletes come from a lower class family, I would say thats plenty.

Yea they should be happy with whatever scraps they are thrown, instead of their actual worth because they are poor
:thud::no:

You realize he is infinitely better than any QB we have on the roster or currently recruiting right?

Eason would walk into the starting role without breaking a sweat.

He had better talent and a better line than JG had. His completion percentage was 7 points lower and JG also threw for a yard more per throw. With Butch and Scott coaching.

I'm not so sure about that. Especially with how JG was playing his last few games.

He had better talent and a better line than JG had. His completion percentage was 7 points lower and JG also threw for a yard more per throw. With Butch and Scott coaching.

I'm not so sure about that. Especially with how JG was playing his last few games.

The fact that you think JG and Eason are even close to being comparable is hilarious. You have lost all credibility because of your JG tinted glasses.

If Fromm starts choking it up in bowl game, or natty champ game, would they put in Eason?

Will Georgia QB Jacob Eason transfer? That's the 'million dollar' question

Good article on Eason and if he will transfer. One would think yes given the success of Fromm and Fields enrolling this year. His talent is off the charts and has prob the biggest arm in college football. Perfect pro style QB.

Could CJP and CTH get in with Eason. This is the type of QB that is a program changer.

What you think volnation do we swing for the fences on him?
Would be odd to see him go to one of Georgia’s rivals. I imagine there would be restrictions

Washington would be perfect fit imo Petersen would get him to the league as a high draft pick. Plus that’s where he’s from hell even Washington State

Last edited:
The fact that you think JG and Eason are even close to being comparable is hilarious. You have lost all credibility because of your JG tinted glasses.

How would Eason have looked with what JG had? They were both highly rated. National guys who cover football rave about JG's arm and talent just as much as they did Eason.

JG threw longer passes way, way, way more accurately than Eason. His last 4 games he was throwing 60%+ for over 9 ypa. Eason's numbers were no where near that, even with better players around him.

You do realize that the football scholarship is only for one year? It's the schools choice to extend it each year, not the athlete...

That might generally be true, but it’s irrelevant from a freedom to contract standpoint. If the contract he entered into was clear about the terms and conditions and he signed it, he not only exercised his freedoms but knowingly gave some of them up in return.

He also had the opportunity to exercise other freedoms including trading his talent for schooling elsewhere that wouldn’t put such terms on the trade, or to find other avenues to pay for his schooling while walking on to the football team. That’s true freedom.

You really can’t have it both ways. You can’t say this is mostly about education without acknowledging there are many other ways with even a modicum of academic achievement to go to school without having to play football. You can’t say it’s mostly about football at this level, without acknowledging that, from the players stand point, college football is just a marketing ploy to try to get exposure and resume to get into the nfl. Either way, he decided to trade a skill for either and in return granted some of his rights and freedoms to the school.

Again, I’m playing devils advocate but this idea that adults shouldn’t be allowed to contract is interesting, at the least. The market dictates the players value to the school. If Eason exercises his ability to not negotiate such terms, he will be replaced by any number of similarly talented people who will.

Ultimately I agree that the system is severely flawed. I don’t think it is flawed for the reason being suggested here, however. I think it is flawed by how people are mortgaging their future on something that has a very small chance to be successful. Only the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of high school players will go pro in football. Why risk your body, your education, and thus your future, for such long odds? Why allow so many people to skirt through their schooling because they’re good at a game they could play while also getting an education? Those are the things that concern me.

Last edited:
Eason had as good of a performance his freshman year as could be expected, with new coach establishing offense and getting the right players in the starting line up.

IMO, Eason/Fromm performance could easily be interchangeable this year and a product of the overall quality of offense and players on the field in said offense, and if Eason's injury had been minor and and would have been back in short order, he would have been the big dog this year. It's not beyond possibility, given the UGA offense is more pro-style than spread, that in head to head Eason could win it back.

That might generally be true, but it’s irrelevant from a freedom to contract standpoint. If the contract he entered into was clear about the terms and conditions and he signed it, he not only exercised his freedoms but knowingly gave some of them up in return.

He also had the opportunity to exercise other freedoms including trading his talent for schooling elsewhere that wouldn’t put such terms on the trade, or to find other avenues to pay for his schooling while walking on to the football team. That’s true freedom.

You really can’t have it both ways. You can’t say this is mostly about education without acknowledging there are many other ways with even a modicum of academic achievement to go to school without having to play football. You can’t say it’s mostly about football at this level, without acknowledging that, from the players stand point, college football is just a marketing ploy to try to get exposure and resume to get into the nfl. Either way, he decided to trade a skill for either and in return granted some of his rights and freedoms to the school.

Again, I’m playing devils advocate but this idea that adults shouldn’t be allowed to contract is interesting, at the least. The market dictates the players value to the school. If Eason exercises his ability to not negotiate such terms, he will be replaced by any number of similarly talented people who will.

Ultimately I agree that the system is severely flawed. I don’t think it is flawed for the reason being suggested here, however. I think it is flawed by how people are mortgaging their future on something that has a very small chance to be successful. Only the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of high school players will go pro in football. Why risk your body, your education, and thus your future, for such long odds? Why allow so many people to skirt through their schooling because they’re good at a game they could play while also getting an education? Those are the things that concern me.

I like what your saying, and you have to factor in the injury probability as well. Chubb is apparently an intelligent person as well, and would have got his degree anyway had he not been injured. I don't think he would have left early. I also think of Lattimore. Even for the academically challenged player, the degree should be a priority. A players future at best is a crap shoot.

VN Store

Back