Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! He was physically and cognitively disabled so the most difficult thing is after nearly 19 years of caregiving it just stopped. I still feel like I need to care for him, even though I know he’s in God’s care. He was such a good boy and a blessing to us. I take it a day at a time. Fortunate to have lots of support from family and friends. Some days God has to carry me, to tell the truth. Volnation has been a huge blessing, just giving me something totally different to think about and a new community of people to get to know and share with. I appreciate you all so much!

So sorry for the loss of your son. Hope you will find comfort.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel ya. Lost my Mom 2 years ago to lung cancer. Tried to take her to see the Stones in Nashville. She saw them in the 70s and always told me about it. She tried to get me to go to Memphis with her to see them when I was an early teen but I was too cool at the time to go to a show with my Mom.
So I got handicap accessible tickets, knowing she would have to be wheeled in if she went at all. It would be a gametime decision. Turned out she just wasn't up to it after having transfusions or chemo (can't remember which) that day. She definitely appreciated the gesture, but by that time was on the way out as it turned out. She died 4 months later. 58 years old. I hate it.

I was kind of bummed it didn't work out, but really in the long run I have plenty of memories to be thankful for. Having one thing not work out didn't really diminish the positive influence she had and still has on me.

I hope you get to take her to the ballgame!!!!
Stay strong and pull for the Grude!
Sorry you lost your mom Deerhunter. I’m sure she was pleased that you went to the trouble to give her such a treat. You have talent and energy and enthusiasm and clearly loved her so I’m sure she was proud. Be kind and giving and the best YOU that you can be and that will honor her memory
so much. Some of her is in you, you know. :)

I do not want to get caught up in this again, you guys got my hopes up last time and then my world came crashing down. But hell I am back on the Grude train. It's better than the Schiano bus or Doeren dart.

Reactions: 4 people
That's awesome! I loved that story you told about the Arkansas game and how you wrote PF and thanked him and he wrote you back and you still have the letter. Now we have finally broken the Fulmer curse of how he was treated unfairly by Haslam/Hamilton/Currie by hiring him as our Ad and right this football ship. And now you found this treasure. Oh Gruden is coming. I don't need an insider or someone who speculates cause a plane is headed somewhere. I just know it in my heart. Can't explain it. See my wife was diagnosed with Grade 4 Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer. She had brain surgery in August. They could only get 60% because it was too deep. She is the absolute love of my life and this beautiful Knoxville girl love UT football as much as anyone on here. She has never been to a game. I hope to take her to one next year. I prayed to the good Lord above that Gruden would come and return us to glory. GRUDEN TO THE HILL 💯

Here's to you taking your wife to her first football game and the added bonus of Gruden being the coach.

God bless you and your wife.

Reactions: 2 people
I feel ya. Lost my Mom 2 years ago to lung cancer. Tried to take her to see the Stones in Nashville. She saw them in the 70s and always told me about it. She tried to get me to go to Memphis with her to see them when I was an early teen but I was too cool at the time to go to a show with my Mom.
So I got handicap accessible tickets, knowing she would have to be wheeled in if she went at all. It would be a gametime decision. Turned out she just wasn't up to it after having transfusions or chemo (can't remember which) that day. She definitely appreciated the gesture, but by that time was on the way out as it turned out. She died 4 months later. 58 years old. I hate it.

I was kind of bummed it didn't work out, but really in the long run I have plenty of memories to be thankful for. Having one thing not work out didn't really diminish the positive influence she had and still has on me.

I hope you get to take her to the ballgame!!!!
Stay strong and pull for the Grude!
I betcha she was full of life and gave you and still giving you inspiration judging for your wonderful animated songs and storytelling. You are talented and positive. You've definitely been entertaining in this thread. Thanks

I have no idea how likely Gruden as coach is. I have no inside sources, and I'm very much an "I'll believe it when I see it" type of person. I take everything I read or hear with a grain of salt. But I do think he would be a huge get for us if it were to happen. I can understand those who question and doubt his capabilities, but imo, you cannot argue his football knowledge. The argument would be can he translate that knowledge to college football? I believe he could. Add his knowledge and his charisma together, and you have the makings of an outstanding coach, imo. All that said, my point when starting this mini-essay was to simply point out, when all is said and done, I would love for Gruden to come forward with his side of the tale. I know it's not likely to happen, and I guess if he takes the job it wouldn't matter as much, but I'd still like to know.
I agree Weezer! I would love to be a fly on the wall at some of these meetings, wouldn’t you? :)

VolinExile or Hawk,

Just got caught up after taking a couple of hrs. off.

Something that bugs me about the pic of Gruden @ Ruby's: what would verify that the pic was tonight? Was it a time stamp? That could be faked. About the only thing I could think of is that he was with someone you would recognize that would not have been dining there with him previously--like a potential assistant coach (someone not currently associated with UT). Am I off base?

View attachment 149827

The pic I saw was apparently posted to a private Facebook page, which included numerous tags and comments related to said pic. The time of the screenshot and the time of the post corresponded roughly with the time I viewed the pic as well as the alleged time of Gruden's visit. In addition, the picture was proffered as proof that Gruden was NOT meeting with Tennessee officials.

If it was faked, it was a remarkably convincing, and at the same time pointless fake. Why go to the trouble to make a thorough fake to prove Gruden WASNT meeting with UT this evening?

I accept it as genuine. TIFWIW.

The pic I saw was apparently posted to a private Facebook page, which included numerous tags and comments related to said pic. The time of the screenshot and the time of the post corresponded roughly with the time I viewed the pic as well as the alleged time of Gruden's visit. In addition, the picture was proffered as proof that Gruden was NOT meeting with Tennessee officials.

If it was faked, it was a remarkably convincing, and at the same time pointless fake. Why go to the trouble to make a thorough fake to prove Gruden WASNT meeting with UT this evening?

So do you believe this removes Gruden as an option? 😞 I mean obviously Gruden till it’s not but......

That is so awesome thank you for your prayers and support. See this is why VN are best fans in the world
I was wondering how you would feel about being called BigNemo instead? Nemo was an orange fish and it feels awkward to call
you BIGORANGEFISH! I don’t want to shorten your name to BIG or FISH! LOL What nickname would you prefer? :)

I don't see the big deal in the picture, just because UT officials weren't there when he was eating what does that prove if the picture is real. It might be real but what does that really prove except they weren't there when he was eating. It doesn't prove they haven't met. Not getting on you X, just doesn't make much of a impact to me one way or the other. Now if somebody was saying they were supposed to meet and didn't that would be one thing. But I haven't heard anybody say that either. What do you think? Gruden on the HILL! SOON!

We are, aren’t we? Sorry... I think this is my fault and Ape will be unhappy with me.:)

I think Ape knows an amazing mom when he sees one. You are an inspiration for everyone, especially parents. We have time for everything else on these threads, so we absolutely have time for your stories like yours and BigOrangeFish's.

Exile, is this like protesting too much? You know what I mean?

The last two years of life have knocked me down further than I could ever have imagined, but the one thing I know for certain is life goes on. Through good, through bad, through pain and loss, life goes on. For those in need of prayer and good wishes, I send out both.

Reactions: 6 people
I think Ape knows an amazing mom when he sees one. You are an inspiration for everyone, especially parents. We have time for everything else on these threads, so we absolutely have time for your stories like yours and BigOrangeFish's.

Thanks Sona!

No. Knuck and I both said that we believed a meeting had taken place in Cincinnati earlier in the day.

You just answered my question, I thought you had mentioned that earlier but I am too tired to go back. I have to go to bed, but I can't look away. :lolabove::rock:SOON!!!! Gruden to the HILL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back