Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many out there in the Nation are still drunk?

Show of hands...

Im still second hand drunk lol...it was a well needed break in here...you can definately feel a change in the wind in here by last night's mini celebration...I have never laughed so much about people's posts than I did last night...great to be associated with the people in the best thread on VN IMO...it's been an amazing ride...and it's not even close to being over!

I don't know. Scared people sometimes make the right choice not because it's the right choice for the cause but the path of least negative consequences for them.

Doesn't mean they're aboard the train.

I can't imagine that bucking the Haslams would be the path of least negative consequences.

How awesome would it be if Fulmer called for a press conference during halftime of the championship game today and marched Gruden out to the podium?

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm 100 percent for Gruden but if it somehow doesn't work out I'd be happy with Tee. I understand it's a risky jump but with the help of a veteran staff I think it could really awesome. I for one will not bad mouthe or poo poo that. But if everything goes like we want we can have both the Grude and Tee. Now that's a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Peyton does need the HoH if the Manning family wants to own an NFL team... I believe he has his goals ahead of TN.

He's not dead to me but glad my wife balked on my second being named Peyton :)

I can easily see a scenario, based on recent events, where the Mannings take control over Cleveland. The Mannings can raise the additional cash in a few phone calls to buy the Browns. The NFL is paying close attention.......

Peyton does need the HoH if the Manning family wants to own an NFL team... I believe he has his goals ahead of TN.

He's not dead to me but glad my wife balked on my second being named Peyton :)
Does he want to own a team?
If so- Why would you align yourself with a man that the NFL has been worried about ever since his purchase. Please Google articles or go back in the thread for sources if you doubt.
Elway and Denver would be much more appealing.
Just my opinion.

Fulmer makes a lot of us feel better today.We also feel a sense of trust and loyalty in him. Believe a great deal of our inside info will feel the same way and our inside info will become scarce. It will also become less reliable than some of it already was. So be even more skeptical of what we may see. I am going to back Fulmer's hire no matter whom he hires as coach.If it,s not Gruden though, I for sure want to know we did 100% try. The DNA of the founding fathers did reach down to us 1776, 2017 Vol Nation.

The best way to finish Haslam is the following imo

Fulmer rights the ship and hands it to Blackburn in 2
Miles grooms Tee for the SEC and retires after a given time

Haslam will have no choice but to leave the university.

The best way to finish Jimmy, is for the Feds to let him be somebody's girlfriend in a Federal Penitentiary, after convicting him of perjury and fraud. I think the good citizens of Cleveland, OH would get behind that as well, along with the NFL. That would pretty much do it, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Well said.
I know eventually they will see what has really transpired but we still won’t get any credit by the national media.
I truly feel we have made college football history. And It’s a great on Rocky Top!

We need to start a tradition that acknowledges this transition. Perhaps after the coach, er...Gruden, is hired. :)

Any ideas?

Fulmer said in his presser that he wanted someone with HEAD coaching experience. Rules out Tee. Sorry not sorry.

Not what he said.

Didn't rule anybody out.

1 Dec Press Conference: said:
Reporter: "There's so much clamoring to have a Tennessee guy. You're a Tennessee guy as the new Athletics Director. How much do you weigh that versus trying to find 'the right guy'?"

Phil: "I've been charged to find the right coach for these circumstances. Head coach, assistant coach, coordinator...I wasn't a head coach you know, when I started. I've had some success. More times than not, you like experience to come in, somebody that has been a head coach. We'll see where that goes, okay?"

Last edited:
I’ve been charged to find the right coach for these circumstances: head coach, assistant coach and coordinators. I wasn't a head coach when I started. More times than not, you like experience to come in, somebody that has been a head coach. We'll see where that goes. As far as recruiting wise,

Nothing aboutbthat says he wants an unproven guy. "I was not a head coach when I started...yo like experience...somebody that has been a head coach"

Nope. Tee can come, be glad to have him back, but not as HC

Nothing aboutbthat says he wants an unproven guy. "I was not a head coach when I started...yo like experience...somebody that has been a head coach"

If that's his option, he can get Tee in some capacity, even at HC. The way I took it, shoot for experienced coach, if that doesn't shake out, get the next best thing.

Why can’t we just be united for a few days and trust our new AD? 🏳️ I’m not criticising...just exhausted.

Why are you being irrational, Behr?

Peyton could be doing what we all hope (and I believe), challenging the HOC (cards) and blew that s*** down with his "backing" of Schiano. Y'all need to calm down and take a break. Peyton doesn't need Haslam for a thing, why sell his soul and alienate the millions who love him and played a part in getting him to where he is today?

If Peyton and his family are wanting to become NFL owners then he needs Haslam to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back