Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sources close to the situation tell me that Doyle Hargraves is still mulling over what his first Volnation post will be."

-Jimmy Hyams

Reactions: 4 people
Good morning all. :hi: Hope all is well with everyone.
I have a favor to ask the insiders ... if you could get everyone to speed up this process, I might be able to save my job. Luckily being a Control Systems Engineer, I have an excuss to be in front of my computer, but my productivity has fallen off.

I enjoy this thread, I like the fellowship found here, and I love the Vols!

Haa, I hear you. Used to be a Control Systems Mechanic, now I do Electrical Design/Engineering.. In front of a computer most of the day. It's been hard staying on top of the work load lately..

Tee would get eaten alive. Not qualified, blind resume and you would laugh at the thought of hiring him. There a reason no other school he even given him a look, but wait... he played QB at UT in 98! Logic.

Umm...he's recently turned down multiple head coaching opportunities. May not have been huge school, but he's had plenty of opportunity. Please Tee yourself out. 😁

Reactions: 1 person
Agree 100% I believe Peyton worked with Fulmer, giving Currie the rope to put around his neck.
Again opinion: Cleveland is not something Manning would get near in a million scenarios. It's a bottomless pit and is only going to get worse. Dee Haslam is essentially running that operation.

We are getting pretty far afield here with the cloak and dagger scenarios. I do not believe for one second that Phillip Fulmer did anything to sabotage the coaching search. The man I know loves Tennessee and his blood runs more orange than anyone. Watch this video and tell me he does not love our University, even after he was cast aside:

Phillip Fulmer announces he is stepping down - YouTube

I also believe that even though Phillip did not get the AD job before, he was still there and was a friend and gentleman to Bev. When Currie and Haslam made Tennessee the laughing stock of college football. She turned to the man who had been there to support her through thick and thin.

I greatly appreciate how helpful, supportive and respectful he has been to me since I have been here. I will continue to work with him in his new position as a special assistant to the University of Tennessee System President Joe DiPietro. He understands well the expectations for this athletics department and football program.

I think that Peyton was asked by Haslam to get behind Schiano and he did. So, as far a PM is concerned, I will withold judgement.

Mainstream sports journalism just got a glimpse of the future. They can no longer manipulate the masses w/ calculated, and paid for, either directly or indirectly, yellow journalism. Social media's tentacles are getting longer and deeper in revealing the man behind the curtain.

With that comes danger, though, and we need to continue to learn to separate the wheat from the trolls.

Well said.
I know eventually they will see what has really transpired but we still won’t get any credit by the national media.
I truly feel we have made college football history. And It’s a great on Rocky Top!

Reactions: 3 people
Umm...he's recently turned down multiple head coaching opportunities. May not have been huge school, but he's had plenty of opportunity. Please Tee yourself out. 😁

There is a reason these are not Power 5 schools. He interviewed with GA Southern and they hired someone else.

Respectfully I do not believe he is ready yet.

Why are you being irrational, Behr?

Peyton could be doing what we all hope (and I believe), challenging the HOC (cards) and blew that s*** down with his "backing" of Schiano. Y'all need to calm down and take a break. Peyton doesn't need Haslam for a thing, why sell his soul and alienate the millions who love him and played a part in getting him to where he is today?
Exactly! Peyton is worth somewhere close to $200 million.

Why are you being irrational, Behr?

Peyton could be doing what we all hope (and I believe), challenging the HOC (cards) and blew that s*** down with his "backing" of Schiano. Y'all need to calm down and take a break. Peyton doesn't need Haslam for a thing, why sell his soul and alienate the millions who love him and played a part in getting him to where he is today?

Because Peyton supported the Currie hire. Maybe "coach speak" but he said it the day he was announced.

I'm as big of fan of Peyton than anyone, but I look at facts, good or bad.

Reactions: 3 people

He wants to be at Tennessee imo under the right leadership. Look at his past experiences does anyone. Really think Tee would have done that under the right leadership?

I agree. It would be a hard decision to make knowing that your boss is the governor and you are going against his brother. You are finding yourself between a rock and a hard place. Only people with strong character make the right choice at that time.

I don't know. Scared people sometimes make the right choice not because it's the right choice for the cause but the path of least negative consequences for them.

Doesn't mean they're aboard the train.

Well said.
I know eventually they will see what has really transpired but we still won’t get any credit by the national media.
I truly feel we have made college football history. And It’s a great on Rocky Top!

The espn pricks might not say it, but everyone knows.:rock:

A large contingency of the posters that were on here last night are mysteriously absent this morning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back