Kiffin has interest. Just said Currie hasn't asked......

not at least contacting Kiffin is insanity.
He is the best coach on the board. He has even said we have everything we need to compete with Bama.
yes he dumped on us once, but everyone deserves the chance to make a go at their dream. It didn't work out.
Bring him back, but on a short leash.

he recruits well and is a great offensive mind

Reactions: 4 people
We could literally have a coach hired tonight in Kiffin and introduced Saturday at halftime of the SEC title.

Would gladly let him coach the conference title game at FAU and then head home with Knox in tow.

Reactions: 1 person
Currie will never ask him IMO because of certain boosters..he left a bad taste when he left Tn high and dry...I also think he is the only one with big enough balls (ego) to come into this mess and turn it around...good coach for sure

Reactions: 3 people
If I can forgive Lane, those boosters can forgive him. All we want is to be competitive, win, and enjoy watching UT football. Kiffin can do all that.

Forget Brohm and get Kiffin.

He is the best coach on the board. He has even said we have everything we need to compete with Bama.
yes he dumped on us once, but everyone deserves the chance to make a go at their dream. It didn't work out.

I never see it happening...but damn would be good to see what he could do with our team!

The only interest Kiffin has is getting TN to ask so that he can turn us down and troll us on Twitter.

Reactions: 4 people
I think Kiffin is an offensive genius. His players like him. He’ll always be a train wreck waiting to happen with no regard for the aftermath he leaves behind. He just never grew up... If you want him, then you should also consider Petrino.

For some reason I think Petrino is an A-hole. I don't think he would be a good fit here. Of course apparently the chicks dig him and his hog.

The only interest Kiffin has is getting TN to ask so that he can turn us down and troll us on Twitter.

That would be damaging. However, the only way I offer Kiffin is if everything is off the record.

Like should only be between Currie, Sexton, and Kiffin.

Currie should literally tell his team that he has to go to the bathroom and by himself in a room call Lane and Sexton and offer the job.

If it got out that Lane rejected us, I doubt even Tee would take the job then.

Reactions: 2 people
This thing could be over if he would just hire Kiffin. Yes some fans and boosters won’t like it. But if we don’t get ready for abysmal seasons much like this last one on the hill

Kiffin is still the most hated coach in Tennessee history. Yes more than Dooley and more than Butch. The only worse hire out there would be to go to Pennsylvania, get them to pardon Sandusky and hire him.

Your sermons must be abysmally dumb or hysterically funny.

I agree with one word you said. Offensive.

I admire Kiffin's football coaching skills and offensive mind. But you do know there were a lot of rumors in Tuscaloosa about him trying to pick up coeds in bars, right? He supposedly used the moniker Joey Freshwater. Mr. Kiffin just needs to grow up and he will be a fine coach for somebody. But these rumors, the caliber of "student athletes" he recruited in his single season at UT, and the way he left UT in the middle of the night would certainly give any AD pause. A large number of vols fans will never accept him. So I am not surprised Currie is not interested.

I admire Kiffin's football coaching skills and offensive mind. But you do know there were a lot of rumors in Tuscaloosa about him trying to pick up coeds in bars, right? He supposedly used the moniker Joey Freshwater. Mr. Kiffin just needs to grow up and he will be a fine coach for somebody. But these rumors, the caliber of "student athletes" he recruited in his single season at UT, and the way he left UT in the middle of the night would certainly give any AD pause. A large number of vols fans will never accept him. So I am not surprised Currie is not interested.
Our so called AD must not have given a pause before offering Schiano the job Sunday!!

Kiffin is still the most hated coach in Tennessee history. Yes more than Dooley and more than Butch. The only worse hire out there would be to go to Pennsylvania, get them to pardon Sandusky and hire him.

Your sermons must be abysmally dumb or hysterically funny.

From Kiffin's Twitter page. I think he has changed some maybe even matured.

kiffin.jpg

Kiffin: "John Currie made it clear to (Sexton) who he was interested in, and Jimmy had Greg Schiano, also, and knew a lot of people there because he had Phillip Fulmer, and they decided to go in that direction. I have not, as much as you think that I've thought a lot about this, I have not thought about it at all, because John Currie never expressed any interest."

Lane Kiffin talks Tennessee Vols football coaching job on Dan Patrick Show

There are lots of reasons not to hire Kiffin, and he is wholly responsible for all of those reasons.

He is a brilliant football mind, but his baggage, his irresponsible 10 months as Tennessee coach, and his failures as a HC at both P5 stops have put him where he is. He needs to rehab his image at a P5 school after doing so at FAU first, but I don't think he deserves another chance at Tennessee to do so.

Rehab as OC at bammer doesn't count? No terrible stories from FAU, and if you can't get it in Boca Raton, it can't be got.

Just got done listening to one of the best interviews I've heard in a very long time. Clay Travis had Lane Kiffin on this morning and the interview was stellar. Clay Travis straight up asked him at the end of the interview if he would come back and save Tennessee football. Lane Kiffin said that John Currie has not reached out to him. He even got more specific by saying that Currie contacted Sexton and said here is the list of people I want to talk to and that John Currie was not interested in speaking to Kiffin. With the level of coach that Lane Kiffin is and his brilliance as a coach, how could you not even ask to interview him? How could you not even interview him?

Get ready to use google, guys. Everyone at UT is incompetent and the rest of the college athletics world knows it. Dig in cause nothing is going to change.

my peeps in knoxville please be relentless and protest to hire Kiffin! keep the rock painted with daily hire kiffin messages with reasons we should hire him! He was not my first choice but at this point its the clear choice! swallow our pride and get it done. give him plenty of money for a staff bring in steele as DC and a few other VFLs to satisfy the kiffin haters

Have any of the Kiffin haters took a long look around recently at the program? It is a ****ing plane crash at this point.

Take the chance. Hire Kiffin. He would be cheap. You could give him a one sided contract and he would take it willingly to get back to a power 5 team.

He knows he f***ed Tennessee over. He’s admitted it and said he regretted it. Forgive. Forget. Move forward like adults.

He TOLD us he would leave for USC. It came open. He left. The dude was straight up and people hate him for it. It’s laughable. “HE STOOD BY HIS WORD! HES NOT TRUSTABLE!” He literally did exactly what he said he would do. Get over it. This place is a smoldering pile of horse chit right now. Bring in the guy with big enough balls to tell everyone, including Nick Saban, to go *blank* themselves.

Just wanted to re-post the comment that should close this thread. Thank you for the common sense and logic.

my peeps in knoxville please be relentless and protest to hire Kiffin! keep the rock painted with daily hire kiffin messages with reasons we should hire him! He was not my first choice but at this point its the clear choice! swallow our pride and get it done. give him plenty of money for a staff bring in steele as DC and a few other VFLs to satisfy the kiffin haters

Kiff truly is our best option by far. I don't get why we have to offer so much money to lesser coaches. Haven't we done that for a decade?

VN Store

Back