Kiffin has interest. Just said Currie hasn't asked......

Kiffin has been at his job for a year and he is trolling UT and giving interviews about UT....How would you like to be a player or a recruit at FAU?....

Kiffin has been at his job for a year and he is trolling UT and giving interviews about UT....How would you like to be a player or a recruit at FAU?....

don't make their problem, our problem. we have enough of our own at the moment.:)

Reactions: 1 person
The people that continued the Grumor mania did more damage to UT for this coaching search than Currie and Haslam.

Wrong! Currie not squashing the Grumors early on did the damage. I never thought he was coming, but I sure hoped that our admin would have done the fan base a favor as far as expectations and made a statement that Gruden wasn't going to be a candidate. No, no, no! Can't do that (sarcasm). Gruden provides cover for our clandestine search that gave us Schiano (more sarcasm). Wow. Then they decide to hire a guy with questions galore about his coaching background and expect this beaten down fan base to just shut up and take it. And to beat all, we have UT's favorite son, Peyton Manning, on the phone trying to sell former Vols on this horrible hire. I heard from Swain that he got lots of frosty reaction to his pitch. I'm sorry but I'm tired of our fan base always being blamed for an inept, incompetent, and downright stupid administration!!! :realmad:

Kiffin still thinks he’s a spoilt teenager who likes to tweet more than he likes to coach.

People who think he’s the next best thing is obviously clueless.

And for the last time, what the hell has he proven as a HC at big time schools?

Still waiting for a legitimate answer...

Well...if you've been paying attention, our last 2 coaches had HC experience and were 2 big piles of dogs**t. What makes you think he can't be successful? It won't happen overnight, Dumdazz. To your point, if you're capable of reasoning, there's more to it like rebuilding the toxic culture. Also, you're a fool if you think he won't surround himself with competent coaches. You think he doesn't know he lacks experience, Dumdazz!

What makes you think he WANTS the job right now?

Say what you want but a Kiffin vs Alabama ticket would be hard to come by.

Hire the man....he will stay a few years and make UT relevant

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Kiffin still thinks he’s a spoilt teenager who likes to tweet more than he likes to coach.

If you don't think he did a decent job in 2009 here on the field, I don't think we are the clueless ones.

Secondly, he did well considering how harsh the sanctions were at USC. No one, including AD, Admin, or USC Fanbase, expected AT ALL that the NCAA would punish them as bad as they did. Had they known it would have been that bad and you asked them if they would take a coach who went 28-15 over 3.5 seasons, they all would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Any smart AD would not have fired Kiffin that year. The fact that people think Pat Haden was some sort of guru and smart AD is very laughable.

I'm all on board with hiring Kiffin. My only problem is, let's say he has fantastic success here and USC comes knocking as a result. Does he leave again?

i didn't say we would.

i'm saying the reason we can't hire him now is because of the same failures in leadership 10 years ago, that still exist today, are the same reason we can't hire him today.

this program has had fundamental leadership failures at almost every level, for the last decade....and those same failures that allowed the 2009 version of Kiffin to be hired, are the same failures that won't allow us to hire this version.

think about that...............:banghead2:

I never wanted to believe this before. And when I say before I mean since the early part of the first decade of this century. I've been on other message boards since 1998, and I remember a certain poster stating this very thing as early as 2003 to 2004. Namely, he stated that the problems were in the BOT and the executive leadership on campus. The poster was mercilessly ridiculed. I even openly disagreed with him. I don't think he ever tried to defend himself. I now say he was and still is exactly right. :mf_surrender:

He took a 5-7 team in the SEC to a 7-5 team. Took a basket case QB turned him around into a draft pick and with two walk-on linemen was able to have a RB with 1300 yards.

He also managed a winning record at USC even a 10-2 season while under near death penalty sanctions from the NCAA.

I don't think USC would take him back but I bet he would bolt for the NFL or worse Alabama......

Gee, if either of the two came calling it could only mean 1 thing. HE WON A TON OF GAMES!

Wow, can you imagine having a coach so successful the NFL or AL wanted to hire them? That would suck.

I don't think USC would take him back but I bet he would bolt for the NFL or worse Alabama......

It is really not that hard. Make his contract have an 8-10 million dollar buyout for the first 4-5 years if he walks on us.

Make his base salary around 3 million and put crazy incentives in there like the following:

$500K for SEC East Title
$1M for SEC Title
$750K for Playoff Appearance
$1M for Natty Appearance
$2M for Natty

$100K for top 15 Recruiting class
$250K for top 10 Recruiting class
$350K for top 5 Recruiting class

Literally make it so performance based that he has to win big to get paid big dollars.

If he was to win the SEC and just go to playoff, we would likely spend 5.3 million minimum up to 5.6 million maximum on a coach in one year to do so. Would love to have someone tell me how that is a bad deal for UT and the Fans.......

Last edited:
I never wanted to believe this before. And when I say before I mean since the early part of the first decade of this century. I've been on other message boards since 1998, and I remember a certain poster stating this very thing as early as 2003 to 2004. Namely, he stated that the problems were in the BOT and the executive leadership on campus. The poster was mercilessly ridiculed. I even openly disagreed with him. I don't think he ever tried to defend himself. I now say he was and still is exactly right. :mf_surrender:
hindsight is a *****.:)

Currie saw first hand Kiffin destroy his buddy Hamilton's career so he's burnt that bridge with Currie.

Haslam and other brokers at UT want no part of Kiffin. If they did, he'd already be here.

He's been fired at USC. Wasn't fired at Bama, his contract was up.

Are you sure you want to say that Al Davis was smart to let him go at Oakland? Horrible fit on both sides.

Quit making stuff up. If dude was good enough to be hired by Saban with his supposed "baggage", that is good enough for me.

Good Grief...that’s because Saban notified him that his contract wouldn’t be renewed... In business that means he’s been let go..fired..shown the door...cleaned out his desk...his lights were turned off.....adios muchacho

VN Store

Back