Kiffin has interest. Just said Currie hasn't asked......

madbamahater

Just got done listening to one of the best interviews I've heard in a very long time. Clay Travis had Lane Kiffin on this morning and the interview was stellar. Clay Travis straight up asked him at the end of the interview if he would come back and save Tennessee football. Lane Kiffin said that John Currie has not reached out to him. He even got more specific by saying that Currie contacted Sexton and said here is the list of people I want to talk to and that John Currie was not interested in speaking to Kiffin. With the level of coach that Lane Kiffin is and his brilliance as a coach, how could you not even ask to interview him? How could you not even interview him?

Reactions: 40 people
Personal issues above Tennessee. In Kiffin’s case, I sort of get it, but not when your options are what we are being told.

Reactions: 8 people
This thing could be over if he would just hire Kiffin. Yes some fans and boosters won’t like it. But if we don’t get ready for abysmal seasons much like this last one on the hill

Reactions: 7 people
Clay Travis reported last night that Currie has not reached out to Tee Martin yet either. It makes you wonder what exactly Currie is doing with his committee of one.

Reactions: 11 people
Just got done listening to one of the best interviews I've heard in a very long time. Clay Travis had Lane Kiffin on this morning and the interview was stellar. Clay Travis straight up asked him at the end of the interview if he would come back and save Tennessee football. Lane Kiffin said that John Currie has not reached out to him. He even got more specific by saying that Currie contacted Sexton and said here is the list of people I want to talk to and that John Currie was not interested in speaking to Kiffin. With the level of coach that Lane Kiffin is and his brilliance as a coach, how could you not even ask to interview him? How could you not even interview him?

Jimmy Sexton can go kick rocks with the Haslams

Reactions: 4 people
Not talking with Kiffin is very foolish . either this year or next someone will hire him at a power 5 school and everyone will see how wrong this was . Kiffin is one of the best young coaches out there period.

Reactions: 15 people
LOL, Kiffin trolling Currie, just hoping Currie calls him. I hope Currie does call him and Kiffin disgraces the hell out of him.

The sole goal of every UT fan should be to get Currie fired before he makes another crap hire. Get Blackburn in.

Clay Travis reported last night that Currie has not reached out to Tee Martin yet either. It makes you wonder what exactly Currie is doing with his committee of one.

His committee of 1 actual is a committe of 2 (Haslam and Manning) Currie is just the puppet relaying thier crappy decsisions and being the fall guy.

There needs to be a movement to either hire Lane or Currie gets fired. Period.

Fans are customers. The customers want a product. That product is Lane Kiffin.

If they want to keep selling Tennessee football, then they need to listen to the customers for once in the past damn 15 years.

Reactions: 10 people
There are lots of reasons not to hire Kiffin, and he is wholly responsible for all of those reasons.

He is a brilliant football mind, but his baggage, his irresponsible 10 months as Tennessee coach, and his failures as a HC at both P5 stops have put him where he is. He needs to rehab his image at a P5 school after doing so at FAU first, but I don't think he deserves another chance at Tennessee to do so.

Its bad when you walk through the doors of Tennessee and all you can smell is "CURRIE"!:crazy:

Sexton should be persona no grata at the University of Tennessee. He's made a career out of defrauding the University out of millions. If I had any say so in the matter we'd embargo anyone represented by his firm.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm reading through all of this #HireKiffin nonsense and not picking up on ANY irony. Some of us have extremely short memories.

The guy JUST took a job and some are cheering for him to bail on his new team for a "dream job"? Don't be so hypocritical.

If he will jump not once but twice for the better looking girl at the dance, it is a character flaw.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm mad at Currie but I won't be mad if he doesn't talk to Kiffin.

Kiffin burnt his bridge and Currie is literally holding on a thread so he doesn't want to make another mistake that will be perceived negatively by fans

The reason we won't talk to him is his own fault. Leaving us and then trolling us.

Reactions: 1 person
Right now, Currie is wondering why he is standing on plastic. but the guys painting the office aren't there.

What do you think happens if he says, "Well, we COULD get Kiffin...."?

I completely understand the Kiffin hate, I felt the same way for years. However, the guy left for his dream job. Who among us wouldn’t do the very same thing? Currie needs to talk to him. Well, Currie needs to be put at a desk in a corner somewhere in the building and coach Fulmer, Manning, or whoever the hell is making the decisions there to go talk to the guy. Someone is gonna hire the guy and we’re gonna be left with serious regrets.

Chris Low said this morning he’d likely stay at FAU through this year, because his team will be better next year. If he wins two conference championships back to back, he will be a serious hot commodity on the market and there we will be with some mediocre coach once again.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back