kamoshika

'19 TN RB Eric Gray

636125081153789009-0917-MASP-prep-fri3.JPG

* 5-10, 175
* 4.5 40
* Lausanne Collegiate School, Memphis

Eric Gray, Lausanne Collegiate School, All Purpose Back

Regular Season - Eric Gray highlights - Hudl

Class II-A Mr. Football; rushed for 175 yards and 2 TDs on 35 carries to lead Lausanne to a win over Webb last night in the state championship. Entering the game he'd rushed for 2,040 yards (10.5 ypc) and 36 TDs, also had 4 TD receptions.

Holds offers from LSU, Michigan, Miami, West Virginia and Colorado, among others. Nephew of former Ohio State RB Maurice Hall.

Last edited:
Barton Simmons earlier this week...

Amid a talented roster, 2019 running back Eric Gray was on a different level from my viewpoint. The Memphis (Tenn.) Lausanne back was fantastic in Cat & Mouse drills while maintaining some football functionality. He showed burst, change of direction and instincts. He also showed out as a receiver, displaying pure hands and advanced route-running for a back. He's a member of the Top247 for the class of 2019 but his ranking will continue to rise after this showing.

Though he doesn't have an offer yet, keep an eye on Ohio State in this one. He has grandparents in Columbus and his uncle, Maurice Hall, played running back for the Buckeyes. He's hoping for that offer along with one from Auburn to go with his offers from the likes of LSU, Michigan, Miami and Ole Miss.

http://247sports.com/Article/Top-performers-Mike-Vicks-V7-Nashville-Showcase-52578733

Could the 2019 instate class be better than 2018?

It's crazy how many high profile recruits the state of Tennessee is producing now. Every year seems better than the year before.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Barton Simmons earlier this week...

Amid a talented roster, 2019 running back Eric Gray was on a different level from my viewpoint. The Memphis (Tenn.) Lausanne back was fantastic in Cat & Mouse drills while maintaining some football functionality. He showed burst, change of direction and instincts. He also showed out as a receiver, displaying pure hands and advanced route-running for a back. He's a member of the Top247 for the class of 2019 but his ranking will continue to rise after this showing.

Though he doesn't have an offer yet, keep an eye on Ohio State in this one. He has grandparents in Columbus and his uncle, Maurice Hall, played running back for the Buckeyes. He's hoping for that offer along with one from Auburn to go with his offers from the likes of LSU, Michigan, Miami and Ole Miss.

http://247sports.com/Article/Top-performers-Mike-Vicks-V7-Nashville-Showcase-52578733

This guy is filthy nasty with craaaaazy athletic ability and vision. He'd be a great pick up if UT could somehow get him early. The thing is that he has Big10 roots at tOSU and hia recruitment will be wide open. He will definitely be big time for sure. A compact built guy with lots of wiggle and great feet and hands is the best description i could gv for Gray.

2020 class is looking strong also

Yeah it's pretty amazing how many big time football recruits there are instate over the next 3 years.

If Butch Jones can find a way to win big next season, he could build a powerhouse program over the next few years based largely on instate kids.

Still finishing up his sophomore year, Gray is already racking up an impressive offer list. Tennessee joined that growing group last week, both making a school visit to check in on Gray and extending an offer.

“The offer means a lot , I talked to coach Gillespie, the running backs coach and I really like that he wants a versatile back in his offense,” Gray said of the Vols and the offer. “It means a lot to get an offer from my home state one of the few offers I was really waiting to get.” He added that with the offer now in hand, Tennessee is penciled into his summer travel plans. “I will most definitely be going to Knoxville this summer for a camp,” he said on that topic. He also listed Ohio State and Penn State as likely destinations for unofficial or camp visits this summer though that list could certainly grow.

Gray finished a superlative sophomore season last fall by taking home the state’s Mr. Football award as the best back in Division 2-A. He racked up 1,479 yards rushing, scored 32 total touchdowns and averaged over 10 yards per carry.

Plenty of programs have noticed. In addition to Tennessee, Michigan, Miami, LSU, Ole Miss, Nebraska and Mississippi State have all extended early offers. Ohio State and Auburn were both by the school last month as well and the both could be on the way to pulling the trigger.

“Getting to know the offensive coaches at the schools that are recruiting me is a huge deal. It’s all about finding the right fit. I want to make sure I really know the running back coach, get a feel for the offensive coordinator. “I don’t have any favorites at all right now. I’m really just taking it all in and trying to learn as much about all these schools as I can.”

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
His uncle played for the Bucknuts, and he has family in Columbus. I'm assuming that's why.

Yeah, his grandparents live near OSU I think. From what I've heard, it's not as big a hurdle as one would think. He's big on relationships and we're doing as good a job as anyone at present. OSU hasn't really as active as others, maybe thinking they don't need to be.

Reactions: 1 person
And we were "late" in offering him relative to other big time programs. I feel like that's a bigger deal, because we are the home state school, than it is for other programs coming in from elsewhere.

I think kids feel slighted sometimes when they have offers from everywhere and the home state school comes in later with an offer. That seems to be a bigger problem for Tennessee kids than most anywhere else. LSU can offer a LA kid on the eve of signing day and pull most of them.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it hinges on if we have a 9-10 win season, and if John Kelly shows out. Having runners go to the draft in back to back years would bode well for our chances.

He performed well at UM's Elite Camp and they're up there with the Bucks. How are Gillespie and Wells doing with him? He's one I hope we could keep instate.

VN Store

Back