National title game thread

I know...maybe it's wishful thinking...but watching the game i was so surprised they didn't call it...doesn't matter now...it's over...

So the better team played the better game, lost, and it also wasn't the coaches fault. You the Memphis PR department?
I'm not going to pretend that the perfect storm of luck for KU was Calipari's fault. They wiped the floor with KU in the 2nd half, overcame foul trouble nad some strange looking officiating and had their best FT shooters on the line at the end. Those guys missed late FTs and I hate that style of game. Late fouling ruins the game for me.

Hell, he pushed him down. Not emphatic enough? But they can call a phantom trip on CDR? or Dorsey for a slight hand check that fouled im out?

Dorsey's "slight hand check" was the textbook example of a blocking foul. He put his hand down on the ball handler and pushed him with his body, while moving. Not a thing he did was legal.

I'm not going to pretend that the perfect storm of luck for KU was Calipari's fault. They wiped the floor with KU in the 2nd half, overcame foul trouble nad some strange looking officiating and had their best FT shooters on the line at the end. Those guys missed late FTs and I hate that style of game. Late fouling ruins the game for me.

KU is fortunate to have played such a mighty Memphis team that allowed them to stay within choke range. They keep score for a reason. Goodbye Memphis.

What a great game, and it sure is great to see Calipari lose a game that was theirs the last 3 minutes.

sorry bpv, but the better team is the team with the most points at the end of the ballgame. Tonight that team is Kansas.

I'm sorry that I've gotten your panties in a wad here, but I don't find it hard to believe that he would tell ESPN exactly what he'd tell his kids. If not, he's a hypocrite. You can't tell the national media that something isn't important, and then say "oh yeah, it is" behind closed doors. THAT is what is dumb. There is no benefit. You set yourself up for "i told you so." Your team is going to act how you coach them to act, and will model themselves after you. De-emphasizing their FT problems (and in effect the sense of necessity to get better) is stupid. FTs don't get better overnight, and obviously, these guys haven't been working too hard on them.
brilliant. coaches tell the press exactly what they tell their kids. at what level did you stop having anything to do with basketball?

KU is fortunate to have played such a mighty Memphis team that allowed them to stay within choke range. They keep score for a reason. Goodbye Memphis.
was this supposed to make sense? are you assuming I forgot about the scoreboard or you know that the better team lost this ballgame?

Rose did foul Collins when he brought it up. The only foul they didnt call on Memphis was the one they needed to.

Rose was a little brush. He threw his arms in the air and pulled back as if to show he did not foul. If that were called during the coause of the game, you would be screaming at the TV.

for the record though, cal has known all season how imperative it was for his team to make clutch free throws, but bpv is right on that point, he's not going to talk about to the media. They'd kill him.

Did he really just argue against replay after the correct call went against him? That's pathetic.

brilliant. coaches tell the press exactly what they tell their kids. at what level did you stop having anything to do with basketball?

There was absolutely NO reason to tell the media that the FTs would magically start falling if he didn't think that, himself. I believe that he didn't feel the importance of them. They showed UM's avg margin of victory, and it was in the 20's. They only needed FT's a couple games all year. It would be dumb to think that there was any reason he should go all year preaching that FT's weren't an issue and that they'd start dropping "when it counts." To me, when it counts is every time you step up to the line. If you don't care about makes or misses from the stripe, why care about makes or misses on layups, dunks, 3's, etc.

I hear ya Ohio....I feel the same way!

All my buddies kept asking me why I wouldn't want Memphis to win so that Tennessee would be the only team to beat them, but they just do not understand the hatred I have towards Calipari.

was this supposed to make sense? are you assuming I forgot about the scoreboard or you know that the better team lost this ballgame?

I know the better team won. Evidently you have not forgotten about the scoreboard, but just don't comprehend the meaning of it?

Who else exploded or was otherwise emotionally moved to see Smokey right off the top?

There was absolutely NO reason to tell the media that the FTs would magically start falling if he didn't think that, himself. I believe that he didn't feel the importance of them. They showed UM's avg margin of victory, and it was in the 20's. They only needed FT's a couple games all year. It would be dumb to think that there was any reason he should go all year preaching that FT's weren't an issue and that they'd start dropping "when it counts." To me, when it counts is every time you step up to the line. If you don't care about makes or misses from the stripe, why care about makes or misses on layups, dunks, 3's, etc.

did you ever stop to think that Cal wasn't trying to convince the media of that fact but convince himself and more importantly his players? He was giving them a vote of confidence that he thought they would be able to hit them when they had to. Those Memphis players aren't idiots, they knew they had to improve and improve dramatically. It just didn't happen tonight.

no. don't care that much, but calling a spade a spade. Memphis was the better team on that floor.

Maybe more talented, but they didn't get it done. I'm personally glad it was an entertaining game... had no dog in the fight, just sat back and watched a great game.

VN Store

Back