Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. Spotted by Houston Kress.

Cpd2RLAW8AEcCOB.jpg

-----
Cpd2RLeXEAAvAns.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
McKenzie , from an article on GoVolsXtra:

“We are taught to just be dominant and disruptive. So whatever that means, that’s whatever I’m gonna do,” he said. “If that means holding my gap, that means I’m gonna hold my gap. If that means I need to get upfield and generate a pass rush, hey, that’s what I’m gonna do. If that means I’m gonna get past my guy as quick as possible and get a TFL (tackle for loss), then that’s what we’ve got to do. As a defensive line, I think we’re really starting to understand that. We’ve got great older guys who are always on everybody to just be the best possible player that they can be.

“That’s what I think is really the main part. We’ve got great leadership to really push guys to be what the standard is and what the expectation is. It’s not like guys are just saying, ‘OK, go be dominant and disruptive.’ It’s guys like, when you’re not being dominant and disruptive, they’re on you. You’ve got to be that. That’s now the standard.”

McKenzie certainly feels quicker and lighter on his feet these days, though. He didn’t deny that, albeit in a sheepish manner.

“Yeah, I mean, that’s just the combination of working hard and working in the offseason and getting a year of college football under your belt,” he said. “You’re just gonna feel better when that happens. I’ve got guys around me coaching me up all the time. Every single one-on-one rep, everybody’s watching me on the defensive line. Somebody might have seen something different. Every single person on the defensive line has something to say from your rep. So you might get done with one rep and have to talk to 12 guys about what they saw on your rep. But that can help you out.

“That’s the really cool thing, you know, is every time you’re trying to get better, you’ve got guys around you who are always trying to help you get there.”

If this doesn't get you excited for the season, nothing will. Being held accountable for every single rep is what will make this team great. Especially the defense. The impact of the older players is more important than some realize. Kudos to Danny O., Vickers, Mixon, etc. for setting the tone and being leaders on the team. Twelve critiques every practice rep ? Sheesh, big smile, very big smile.

Reactions: 6 people
Weird. Spotted by Houston Kress.

I have a cousin that I watched over when we were younger.
He's always referred to me as uncle.
Now that he's grown, he even tells his kids that their uncle. .... (charge?) is coming over.

That's similar to what Brandon's relative described.

I have a cousin that I watched over when we were younger.
He's always referred to me as uncle.
Now that he's grown, he even tells his kids that their uncle. .... (charge?) is coming over.

That's similar to what Brandon's relative described.

My nephews and I are such good friends and so close, we could be brothers. When I had kids, they both wanted to be uncles...called 'em co-uncles :)
Now that my kids are a little older, they know that my nephews are actually their cousins. Didn't want my kids to remotely think thst I might be from bama ...
:hi:

Reactions: 4 people
My nephews and I are such good friends and so close, we could be brothers. When I had kids, they both wanted to be uncles...called 'em co-uncles :)
Now that my kids are a little older, they know that my nephews are actually their cousins. Didn't want my kids to remotely think thst I might be from bama ...
:hi:

I didn't know you played an instrument!
giphy.gif

How do you add in those gifs in your posts? I am on mobile. Thanks in advance.

Copy the url for the gif. It will usually end in .gif. Then, on mobile, you will have to manually type the open and close image brackets. It should look like this:

(insert gif url) [img]

However, on the second[img] you will have to add a / before the img to indicate the closing of the brackets.

Hope that helps.

This season can't get here soon enough. This is what Vol fans have been waiting for since the the '07 team left the Georgia Dome in early December.

Regardless of what people may think about Butch Jones' coaching ability, no one can deny the job he has done rebuilding the roster with talent/depth. IMO this is the most talented team on Rocky Top since 2001.

An experienced SR QB, 2 outstanding RB's, talent/experience/depth on the OL.

One of the top 1-3 most talented DL in the SEC, 2 All-SEC LB's, & a NFL potential loaded secondary.

Add in the easiest schedule the Vols have had in a long long time & in my eyes the only way you don't make it to Atlanta in early December is if Dobbs goes down or a rash of injuries decimate the team.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 5 people
Copy the url for the gif. It will usually end in .gif. Then, on mobile, you will have to manually type the open and close image brackets. It should look like this:

(insert gif url) [img]

However, on the second[img] you will have to add a / before the img to indicate the closing of the brackets.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Mobile giffing is way too much work for me. If I'm not on a PC, a gif isn't coming.

Reactions: 2 people

I believe your url is a little off. I make it simpler. In your search engine type what you're looking for ex. Darth Vader playing baseball gif. Click on images and it'll give you a selection. Click on the one you want and COPY. Whatever your equivalent of NOTES is paste on there and put the
on the front and end. Copy all that and paste on here and it should work.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back