Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectively disagree. Especially the way we played against 2 playoff teams this year.

I could easily see a scenario next December where we're Eastern division champs, 11-2, top 10 raking heading into the most prestigious bowl game we've gotten in more than a decade, and there is a significant portion of our fan base incessantly moaning and groaning about Butch because we should have been in the playoff. It gets absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
👍🏻. I guess he caught Auburn in a desperate spot and got lucky. He just seems overrated to me. I assume LSU wasn't too impressed with him.

It was LSU's worse D in probably 15+ years, more or less. With that said, I don't want to blame it all on him, as there major depth problems in the front 7, 3 DLs which were expecting to get major PT were dismissed from the team during the summer. The only ILB LSU has is Beckwith, anytime he comes out of the game its game on for the offense.

LSU didn't ask him to leave, but yeah, they were in no hurry to sign to an extension. I will give him this, he at least didn't stop coaching till the season was over, unlike Chavis. So, best of luck to him,

On paper, it has worked out pretty good for both sides, he got a good bump in pay, LSU made a very good hire, imo, plus LSU got back half Steele's salary. Win win for all sides.

Reactions: 1 person
I could easily see a scenario next December where we're Eastern division champs, 11-2, top 10 raking heading into the most prestigious bowl game we've gotten in more than a decade, and there is a significant portion of our fan base incessantly moaning and groaning about Butch because we should have been in the playoff. It gets absolutely ridiculous.

That's what I'm saying. Expecting to be In the national championship is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Reactions: 2 people
Can hart's arse yesterday. We need a winner running the AD. Not this wuss

Criticize him all you want, but UT football is back under Dave Hart. I am more excited now than anytime in the past 10 years. Maybe he lucked out, maybe he pissed people off, but whatever, the man got our football program back on track.

Reactions: 8 people
He says two people came up to him in the Ray Mears Room and mentioned they had already reserved their tickets for Tampa next year.

"Now our expectations aren't quite that high."

Criticize him all you want, but UT football is back under Dave Hart. I am more excited now than anytime in the past 10 years. Maybe he lucked out, maybe he pissed people off, but whatever, the man got our football program back on track.

Butch Jones did. Not Dave hart. He got financials in order. Now he needs to capitalize on success. Be confident enough in your product to say that expecting a trip to the Tampa is ok. Have a little fun

Butch Jones did. Not Dave hart. He got financials in order. Now he needs to capitalize on success. Be confident enough in your product to say that expecting a trip to the Tampa is ok. Have a little fun

hart deserves major credit for this hire. I dont agree with saying that playoffs are the expectation because that makes it seem like anything less next year would be an absolute failure.

how about we win the east first and go from there? we can be a playoff team next year but saying thats the expectation is lunacy.

just be happy that butch and hart are doing the things necessary to put tennessee in a position for playoffs because we were in a very very bad place this time 3 years ago

Reactions: 18 people
He says two people came up to him in the Ray Mears Room and mentioned they had already reserved their tickets for Tampa next year.

"Now our expectations aren't quite that high."

Did you keep listening after that?

Less than a minute later he's talking about how the 2016 team is the first since Jones has been here that everyone feels they have the talent and depth to be at that level.

volssam be like:

MXnGyNi.jpg

:)

Attachments

• addtext_com_MTYxNDU4MTE3OTM2.jpg
    addtext_com_MTYxNDU4MTE3OTM2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 489
Reactions: 8 people
hart deserves major credit for this hire. I dont agree with saying that playoffs are the expectation because that makes it seem like anything less next year would be an absolute failure.

how about we win the east first and go from there? we can be a playoff team next year but saying thats the expectation is lunacy.

just be happy that butch and hart are doing the things necessary to put tennessee in a position for playoffs because we were in a very very bad place this time 3 years ago

Absolutely. Winning the east should be the expectation. We are better than every team in the East.

Did you keep listening after that?

Less than a minute later he's talking about how the 2016 team is the first since Jones has been here that everyone feels they have the talent and depth to be at that level.

I did. I was trying to clarify my poorly worded summary of what he said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back