Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praises fans for travelling to the bowl game.

Been very fortunate to be in 2 New Year's bowls.

Totally committed to the pursuit of success.

Gives pool to Butch which he can spend how he wants on support system.

The industry is very competitive and salaries are market driven. Will do what needs to be done while being fiscally responsible.

"We had 2 vacancies. I mean have two vacancies. One when Elder took the job at EKU, and now the other when Butch decided to make a change"

Larry Scott filled 1 opening so I'm not sure how we have 2...

volssam be like:

MXnGyNi.jpg

4KIWtM6.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Long standing worry about things with him
Let's just say the CJJ rumors are tame.

Will post details if he leaves

Ture. Afraid the writing has been on the wall with Coach Thigpen for a while. DC change or not. He has done a lot of strange things that have cost him/us in recruiting especially in Middle Tenn. Without saying to much. Shoop will help heal some of that with his connections. 2017 MT class is very good.

Coach Thig was huge in recruiting his first two years here and a big part of our success and getting type of players that can play at a high SEC level.

How in the world does Steele get a deal like that?

:confused: Don't know. He has to give I believe $500,000 back to LSU, not sure who is paying that. Technically, he is just a co-DC as they hired a Saints assistant the other day. On paper, its worked out pretty good for LSU.

Talking about the grass, now. Expects the completion of the new outdoor fields to take some of the load off Neyland during the offseason.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 4 people
Ture. Afraid the writing has been on the wall with Coach Thigpen for a while. DC change or not. He has done a lot of strange things that have cost him/us in recruiting especially in Middle Tenn. Without saying to much. Shoop will help heal some of that with his connections. 2017 MT class is very good.

Coach Thig was huge in recruiting his first two years here and a big part of our success and getting type of players that can play at a high SEC level.

Man, what did he do?

:confused: Don't know. He has to give I believe $500,000 back to LSU, not sure who is paying that. Technically, he is just a co-DC as they hired a Saints assistant the other day. On paper, its worked out pretty good for LSU.

👍🏻. I guess he caught Auburn in a desperate spot and got lucky. He just seems overrated to me. I assume LSU wasn't too impressed with him.

Can someone explain how the hell he went from elite, #1 recruiter in the country to bumbling idiot that screws up relationships with recruits? All people have been doing is hinting about it but it makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 person
Can someone explain how the hell he went from elite, #1 recruiter in the country to bumbling idiot that screws up relationships with recruits? All people have been doing is hinting about it but it makes no sense.

Yeah I'm going to remain skeptical about this Thigpen info until something actually concrete comes out.

All I know is he is a good recruiter and a good linebackers coach. He's had that unit playing fantastic football the last two years.

In what context did Hart say that expectation is too high? Because I think you should be realistic but have championship aspirations each and every day. Sorry I can't listen to the show... Should be working now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back