Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think Orlando is the best choice.

Good article:

Houston?s defense crucial to Peach Bowl win | UWire

In the end, the story of the game was Houston’s defense and how they were able to shut down FSU’s running offense and force big turnovers.

“We held them to 16 total yards rushing in the entire game,” head coach Tom Herman said. “But to be great on third down, you’ve got to be really good on first and second down, and I think the one thing that Coach Orlando and the entire defensive staff do is they’re aggressive on first down and second down.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Reggie Ragland on SEC network said Tennessee had the best offensive line they've faced all year.

In his words "their scheme up front is ridiculous..they might have a big guy going one way & another guy going another way"

Debord does something right. We ran on everybody. Last year we couldn't run on anybody lol

Reactions: 6 people
Apparently got a raise this year to $415,000...

As much as I'd love to see UT start to pay top salaries to draw in the best of the best coaches, Hobby at around 500-550 seems like something much more likely with how these things tend to play out.

Maybe Hart shocks a lot of people and ponies up the dough. I'm just not expecting it.

Problem with Shoop and Chiz is more than likely they are HC next yr.

Orlando is the guy I would want the most. Rising star. Comes at you with so many looks and exotic packages.

Leave it to a gator to attempt to throw a little water on the festivities! JMO

A caller on the radio said one of the reasons they let him go was that he didn't get along with Buck Fitzgerald. TIFWIW

I love aggressive defense, so I don't mind Orlando if he's the guy.

Definitely different than Jancek.

Risky, but could be huge reward

Any of the candidates mentioned sound good to me except Chizik. Not really impressed with him(except for the National Champ. year) but if he is who Butch wants to coach his defense then I'm okay with it I guess. Trust in Butch. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Over Shoop? Houston had the 77th ranked defense this year.

Shoop defenses have never been outside the top 25.

But Orlando was at Houston, where you wouldn't expect the best talent. Plus, Shoop is looking to be a HC ASAP so could be a one and done with him.

Im happy with either though.

His tweet to the fans

John Jancek ‏@UTCoachJancek 1h1 hour ago
I just want to say thank you to #GBO I loved your passion and I never wanted to let you guys down!! I enjoyed improving the defense! #VFL

Reactions: 8 people
But Orlando was at Houston. Plus, Shoop is looking to be a HC ASAP so could be a one and done with him.

Shoop was at Vandy and Houston played Houston level opponents.

Maybe he would end up a great hire. There is zero doubt with Shoop.

I would take one year with an elite DC, especially a year we should be seriously competing for an SEC title.

You guys are trying too hard to jusitfy a lower class. It is what it is. Our roster has better competition top to bottom and early playing time is scarce. This will be a weaker class than years past regardless if we take 20-22. It's ok but rationalizing how it may be somehow undervalued is not necessary.

Some of you just love to complain. Its not NSD yet. Jump off a bridge after February. As of now, shut the hell up. All the insiders say we're primed for a strong finish and we have lots of big names that are high on us yet to decide.

At least wait until after NSD to get at people for "rationalizing a low rated class."

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back