It's very evident after tonight.

This my first post, so go easy on it.
TN fan base is not watching the game, as much as the score board. This team is so young! I see and believe they are getting better, but the fan base needs to show more support just the same as the coach. Stop all this negative talk. Its hurts me to lose too, but I believe in two years with depth in recruiting this is gonna be a team to reckon with!!!!!!! "GO VOLS":clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
What exactly has Jones done to make you believe that?

Everyone keeps saying it,but I have seen nothing on the field that makes me think he is even an ok coach.

It's wishful thinking combined with fact that he won with Cincy vs most of big east competition (but never against anyone in top 25).

then why has he not adressed it? Hell I"ll bet any top coach would have started bringing guys in day 1

Since you and so many other armchair coaches are so certain that the problem is coaching, stop blaming the coach and start telling him how to fix the talent gap on the O line, scheme the gaps, and keep our defense off the field for next week's game and the remainder of the season.

Explain it right here on this great thread of insight and wisdom. Or, do you fear that armchair coaching will get called out on here for incompetence, bloviation, fantasy, etc.?

Explain it right here on this great thread of insight and wisdom. Or, do you fear that armchair coaching will get called out on here for incompetence, bloviation, fantasy, etc.?

Ok - that's an easy one. In this game as well as few previous games this year we come out and start the game with the very nice short throw to tight end. We complete that pass but NEVER try that the rest of the game. Also, any time we actually complete any positive pass down the field we NEVER do that again right away (when the defender is most vulnerable and on his back heels - the way Ole Miss scored their first TD when they went after the same defender on two consecutive throws. Spurrier also always used to do that to us). Unfortunately we always follow successful downfield completions with some type of predictable vanilla running play for no gain or worse. That's all on Butch and/or OC who do not seem to have a clue how to call the game.

Ok - that's an easy one. In this game as well as few previous games this year we come out and start the game with the very nice short throw to tight end. We complete that pass but NEVER try that the rest of the game. Also, any time we actually complete any positive pass down the field we NEVER do that again right away (when the defender is most vulnerable and on his back heels - the way Ole Miss scored their first TD when they went after the same defender on two consecutive throws. Spurrier also always used to do that to us). Unfortunately we always follow successful downfield completions with some type of predictable vanilla running play for no gain or worse. That's all on Butch and/or OC who do not seem to have a clue how to call the game.

Yep, that fixed your Madden Football game.

Since you and so many other armchair coaches are so certain that the problem is coaching, stop blaming the coach and start telling him how to fix the talent gap on the O line, scheme the gaps, and keep our defense off the field for next week's game and the remainder of the season.

Run from the "I" with a fullback and extra tight end in the game instead of running that lame ass deliberate read play that really isn't a read play. Integrate quick hitters into your passing game (5 yd slants and hooks), and always have an outlet. If your offense is going to look the same every play, design it around a scheme that actually has a chance given your talent.

We are not putting our players in a position to win.

Reactions: 1 person
The sooner people learn to accept the fact that we will be a 6 win team from here on out the better..The days of winning 9 or 10 games are behind us. Just be happy to watch them play and nothing more.

What you've just described is Kentucky football...no we're not UK nor will we ever accept being UK in football. We're Tennessee and we'll continue to demand that our football program get back to competing for the SEC title

The Defense has progressed and Jancek seems to have a solid grasp of what they can do,it just needs a few more players.

The offense is just bad. And most of whats making it bad is coming back.

Is it coincidental that the defense is our best asset when the DC, LB coach and DB coach have all spent considerable time in the SEC and the DL coach has made a living in the Big 10? These guys have seen big boy football, and have earned enough respect from staffs to keep being hired.

Meanwhile the only offensive coaches with any power 5 experience are the two youngest ones, Gillespie and Azzani.

Run from the "I" with a fullback and extra tight end in the game instead of running that lame ass deliberate read play that really isn't a read play. Integrate quick hitters into your passing game (5 yd slants and hooks), and always have an outlet. If your offense is going to look the same every play, design it around a scheme that actually has a chance given your talent.

We are not putting our players in a position to win.

Read this and then come back and tell me more about your strategy. Tennessee

Predict team to be worse next year with Jones and company given the axe, as well as Hart for hiring these idiots.

Misguided anger. Symptom of Sheep syndrome.

Unrealistic expectations. Symptom of delusion.

Nobody whined like this before the season because we all knew getting to 6 wins with this schedule and team would be hard. Now living through it seems to be too hard for some people. This is EXACTLY where almost EVERYONE outside of this fan base with an objective view said we'd be.

Unrealistic expectations. Symptom of delusion.

Nobody whined like this before the season because we all knew getting to 6 wins with this schedule and team would be hard. Now living through it seems to be too hard for some people. This is EXACTLY where almost EVERYONE outside of this fan base with an objective view said we'd be.

Are you doing psycho analysis there doctor Phil? His ass and the rest of this big east coaching staff will be firmly planted on the hot seat if they do not make it to a bowl game. Nobody thought we would be THIS bad. Look at the product on the field man, it's embarrassing.

Last edited:
True. Our freshmen play like freshmen. Nick Chubb is a freshman and plays like a junior.

Not all of them. Barnett and Kelly Jr are playing like juniors. Also Hurd is our best player on offense.
Our problem is that our staff coaches offense like they are still in Cincy but that crap does not work vs elite SEC defenses.

Predict team to be worse next year with Jones and company given the axe, as well as Hart for hiring these idiots.

Read this and then come back and tell me more about your strategy. Tennessee
This applies to this nincompoop as well. When your predecessor decides he doesn't need to sign any o linemen in an entire recruiting class you start out your tenure handcuffed and it takes a while to get to the handcuff keys to free yourself to do your job.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

I like the fact that Butch is turning this program around. He is bringing in top 5 recruiting classes. He has two 5star DTs in next years class. Most team are happy with just one. But yet you people don't think he is doing a good job. We play like 23 freshmen no other team plays that many. We replaced the entire O-line. No other team done that. And we give a idiot like Dooley 4 years and Butch is in his second. Dooley only brought in a few SEC type players. It will take Butch a couple years to get the SEC type players in here.

Dooley's success was based upon a majority of Fulmer's and Kiffin's recruits. Only ones I can think of are AJ and CP.

VN Store

Back