It's very evident after tonight.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

We are a QB and and an experienced O-line away from being a contending team.

It isn't customary for a team to get WORSE as a season carries on. Especially young players. If injuries at key positions were ravaging us that would be one thing, but our young players clearly are regressing.

The only young players that diid not play well tonight were on the OL. Young players at every other position are progressing nicely. Some of you...seriously.

Most of you griping now also yelled for Fulmer to be fired. I'm not saying he was at the top of his game, but when you fire someone that successful, expect major issues for years to come. It almost always happens! Research it! Butch will get this program back in contention. I just wish we could create a list of all of you that have jumped off the fan wagon so that we can remind you of it when you come crawling back.

Does anyone see us winning any of our remaining games besides maybe Vandy and to me that will be a toss up because Tennessee plays them in Nashville?

Well Kentucky didn't look good today, and as many points as Mizzo managed (most defensive), they haven't done that at all this season. SC is near the bottom of the SEC. So they are all winnable games (minus Bama).

We are a QB and and an experienced O-line away from being a contending team.

You know what good coaches do when they have these sort of problems? They play to their players strengths. Clearly we are not. But hey Butch promised us so we have to believe, right? Work like heck and stay the course.

Get the f** outta here regressing r u kidding me. Vol fans are they worse enemy my god butch is working his butt off its not his fault Dooley recruited cap lineman it's not his fault he recruited crap qbs u all obviously don't understand the rebuilding process u all embarrass tennessee so bad with ur comments if they still playing like this in 2016 then yeah it would be worry some but my god

No. It isn't Jones' fault that Dooley did anything. It wasn't Dooley's fault that Fulmer left him with "crap" on the OL either. No... the thing that is Jones' fault is that he's had two years to come up with a better solution on the OL... and this is it.

No. It isn't Jones' fault that Dooley did anything. It wasn't Dooley's fault that Fulmer left him with "crap" on the OL either. No... the thing that is Jones' fault is that he's had two years to come up with a better solution on the OL... and this is it.

Was he supposed to crap an OL?

Reactions: 1 person
This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

Not digressing. D is on track. Missing a QB and line needs experience. OC needs to get his head out of his ass too.

You know what good coaches do when they have these sort of problems? They play to their players strengths. Clearly we are not. But hey Butch promised us so we have to believe, right? Work like heck and stay the course.

You know you can't be on defense the whole game right because that has been our strength because there is little you can do on offense without an o-line.

Last edited:
I really question if some of you were ever really a fan. I understand the frustration, but some of you never say nothing positive, ever. And yes, there are positive things about our team. We've got a good defense, a stud RB that lives Tennessee and will do better when our line gets better, and another awesome recruiting class. Really? Can't ever say anything positive?

Reactions: 2 people

Ok. Here's your chance. So, tell us about your scheme to overcome...this season.

Was he supposed to crap an OL?

Coaches are paid to find and sign players, develop them, and then coach them up.

I'm sorry if you think any of that is apparent in this particular OL... because it isn't. Not a single one of them is playing well... NONE of them.

Idiots. Coaching change every 3 years.. Good plan guys.

OK... so I'll ask the next in a long line who have tried this non-sensical excuse. Name the program that has hired a coach that failed to improve the team's record within the first two years that went on to success within the last 20-25 years (modern era of college football).

You will find a long list that had coaches for 2-4 years before finding the guy that turned things around.

Coaches are paid to find and sign players, develop them, and then coach them up.

I'm sorry if you think any of that is apparent in this particular OL... because it isn't. Not a single one of them is playing well... NONE of them.

So you want an all freshman o-line, because that is all Butch has had a chance to put on the field that and the ones he managed to get when Dooley was fired

Maybe they get tired because there's no depth......nah....that's too far fetched

This team makes me bi polar lol. If you saw my other post you'd see haha but the depth part does hurt us and we do still need a few more pass rushers than what we have to give our guys time to breath. I have full confidence in Butch and I think he will do some damage I just feel bad for the guy because he's trying to get the fans fired up with his slogans and all the team 118 talk that when we lose people just want his head.

I really question if some of you were ever really a fan. I understand the frustration, but some of you never say nothing positive, ever. And yes, there are positive things about our team. We've got a good defense, a stud RB that lives Tennessee and will do better when our line gets better, and another awesome recruiting class. Really? Can't ever say anything positive?

The fan with the bag on their head in the stands is obviously very handy with arts and crafts.

VN Store

Back