Z-Nation on SyFy

The only way I find it entertaining is to watch to see how bad it is. And so far it hasn't disappointed.

So is this our new True Blood? We keep watching and meet up every week to rag on it? I'm down. The liberty bell scene was pretty classic horror movie kill level. The acting during said scene was all time bad, this is a train wreck of epic proportions and I can't wait to see what fiery disaster is next. Zombie elephant would be cool, zombie Vandy football team (they are already the walking dead). Syfy brings back used to be stars all the time, zombie Vanilla Ice or Zombie M.C. Hammer anyone?

Let's throw in the honesty card... None of us were actually expecting this to be good from the beginning. I wouldn't even say this sufficiently ties us over until TWD comes back on but it's mildly entertaining if you were not expecting much to begin with.

I had hopes until I saw:

logo.gif

Imagine how much better this show would be if it were being done by JJ Abrams and Robert Orci (Fringe), or Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (Battlestar Galactica).

Instead, we get stuck with the Uwe Boll of production companies.

So if it ever disappoints you'll be thoroughly confused?

In a strange way, yes.

I just don't how the acting can be this bad. Well let me clarify, I don't see how Tom Everett Scott's acting is this bad. He's not a bad actor by any means. The rest, well maybe they are, but he especially perplexes me. Even if the script and direction are terrible, a guy like him would seemingly have to try to be this bad.

I had hopes until I saw:

logo.gif

Imagine how much better this show would be if it were being done by JJ Abrams and Robert Orci (Fringe), or Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (Battlestar Galactica).

Yeah but only a group like the Asylum would do this because their claim to fame is mockbusters. They are content with being a cheap knockoff because they know just enough TWD fans will likely tune in to make them money.

The guys you mentioned actually care about quality and at least trying to make good tv/movies.

I had hopes until I saw:

logo.gif

If it had any of those guys doing it it would be very decent and wouldn't be on SyFy either.

In a strange way, yes.

I just don't how the acting can be this bad. Well let me clarify, I don't see how Tom Everett Scott's acting is this bad. He's not a bad actor by any means. The rest, well maybe they are, but he especially perplexes me. Even if the script and direction are terrible, a guy like him would seemingly have to try to be this bad.

Yeah, I don't know. His lines seem few and far between to start with. Maybe he just isn't giving a damn since he knows the quality of show he's in and the quality of actors he's working with.

The show is getting ratings in the 1.6 range which is pretty good for a Friday night SyFy show.

My guess is if this keeps up it will definitely be back for a Season 2.

If it had any of those guys doing it it would be very decent and wouldn't be on SyFy either.

SyFy has Haven and Being Human. It had the various Stargate franchises and Eureka. It's not like they aren't associated with quality programming.

I didn't like Defiance...

I loved Helix tho. Also that angel show was actually good as well.

SyFy has Haven and Being Human. It had the various Stargate franchises and Eureka. It's not like they aren't associated with quality programming.

Being Human ended last year. Eureka was great but they stupidly cancelled it. Not saying everything on there is bad by any means but they make terrible business decisions.

I didn't like Defiance...

I loved Helix tho. Also that angel show was actually good as well.

Defiance I was unsure of when it first came on but I got into it.

Helix was a slow burn in the beginning. You really had to have patience to stay in it. It finally picked up though and I like it. Not sure where it's going to go now though.

I didn't like Helix, I tried, it just wasn't happening. Dominion was good though.

Dominion is a really good show. I find it very entertaining and put together well.

I think people naturally think of bad movies when they think of SyFy, and deservedly so. And they associate that with their shows, but it has and has had some pretty quality shows. This just isn't one of them.

Awesome intro last episode. The team gets their truck stolen by a gang. Two minutes later they come across the gang being held up by a family of four (even though they outnumber the family by 4). 30 seconds after that they come across the family all being eaten by zombies.

Awesome intro last episode. The team gets their truck stolen by a gang. Two minutes later they come across the gang being held up by a family of four (even though they outnumber the family by 4). 30 seconds after that they come across the family all being eaten by zombies.

Yeah, unrealistic but still a funny and entertaining scene. I thought it was even funnier that they didn't even try to check for the old man in the vent. Just assumed he died and started walking back to the vehicles.

Yeah, unrealistic but still a funny and entertaining scene. I thought it was even funnier that they didn't even try to check for the old man in the vent. Just assumed he died and started walking back to the vehicles.

Unrealistic? Ummm it's a Zombie Apocalypse, unrealistic doesn't exist. Lol

*slow clap* for the Bill Moseley appearance.

They should just have a new horror movie icon appear every week.

Sid Haig, Robert Englund, Jeffrey Combs, Kane Hodder, Tom Savini, Tony Todd, Doug Bradley, and the man himself Bruce Campbell. They'll have a fan for life if they do this. Lol

Edit i forgot Linnea Quigley and Jaime Lee Curtis.

Last edited:
I think we had this conversation but reversed in The Walking Dead thread. Lol

It's very possible. Some version of a rabies virus would make more sense though and that would equal fast infected people.

Also I would be the happiest man alive if the Z.A. really happened.

No, no you wouldn't. It's fun watching these shows and movies but you really wouldn't want that to happen in real life.

It's very possible. Some version of a rabies virus would make more sense though and that would equal fast infected people.

No, no you wouldn't. It's fun watching these shows and movies but you really wouldn't want that to happen in real life.

Yes, yes I really would. I want to see if I can survive, plus the thought of mass chaos excites me a great deal.

VN Store

Back