Z-Nation on SyFy

That was a fairly entertaining two hour premiere. I have to give props to the make-up crew for the glowing zombies, that was some really good work.

That was a fairly entertaining two hour premiere. I have to give props to the make-up crew for the glowing zombies, that was some really good work.

It looked like they upped the production budget big time, at least for that episode. That was visually the best episode they've made. I was actually impressed with the production value.

It looked like they upped the production budget big time, at least for that episode. That was visually the best episode they've made. I was actually impressed with the production value.

They've had some great episodes in the past and every once in a while they will kill the special effects/make-up with a zombie or creature that looks like it belongs in a Hollywood movie.

I don't understand why they even did that. Make a movie (a pretty decent one) that went back in time basically, not in sync with the show before the season starts? Then flip back to where they were for this past weeks. Uh wut. I mean it was good, just didn't make any damn sense. Why not release the movie mid summer?

They should have just called in Hood to kill the Albino guy. :)

I don't understand why they even did that. Make a movie (a pretty decent one) that went back in time basically, not in sync with the show before the season starts? Then flip back to where they were for this past weeks. Uh wut. I mean it was good, just didn't make any damn sense. Why not release the movie mid summer?

They should have just called in Hood to kill the Albino guy. :)

I think it was to entirely set up the bald dude as the new bad guy and a tad bit of backstory to the whole "rich dudes want Murphy's blood" storyline.

Not sure why it had to be set up as a flashback like that, plus it makes it kind of weird since the bald dude wasn't mentioned between that time and the present. But I'm not expecting much sense making in this plot. Plus maybe the one lady who was Murphy's mind slave who 10K killed maybe had one more contracted appearance or something so they made it to squeeze her in one more time.

I was more disappointed in how bad the quality went back down. The effects last episode were terrible, especially that zombie "snowball". And again I get the writing has never been great by any means, but at least don't make the characters inconsistently brain dead. Like the Chinese guys have the lazer zapper ball thing that they use; then later they use it against the "wildlings" and they throw it back and all the Chinese soliders stare at it like they don't know what it is. Just stupid.

I think it was to entirely set up the bald dude as the new bad guy and a tad bit of backstory to the whole "rich dudes want Murphy's blood" storyline.

Not sure why it had to be set up as a flashback like that, plus it makes it kind of weird since the bald dude wasn't mentioned between that time and the present. But I'm not expecting much sense making in this plot. Plus maybe the one lady who was Murphy's mind slave who 10K killed maybe had one more contracted appearance or something so they made it to squeeze her in one more time.

I was more disappointed in how bad the quality went back down. The effects last episode were terrible, especially that zombie "snowball". And again I get the writing has never been great by any means, but at least don't make the characters inconsistently brain dead. Like the Chinese guys have the lazer zapper ball thing that they use; then later they use it against the "wildlings" and they throw it back and all the Chinese soliders stare at it like they don't know what it is. Just stupid.

It was a Zumbleweed. :)

What's funny is the metal spikes that came out of that ball would have never fit in it.

This season has kind of sucked. An entire episode dedicated to 10k, pretty much the worst character on the show? Blah.

Yeah that was one of the worst episodes they've had. They just need to be as ridiculously over the top as they can be, trying to be semi serious is impossible for them to pull off.

Yeah that was one of the worst episodes they've had. They just need to be as ridiculously over the top as they can be, trying to be semi serious is impossible for them to pull off.

Yep. When they try to be serious, it just fails miserably because everyone knows this show only works if they are as silly as possible.

On the bright side, it looks like next week is back to zany.

Overall I thought the season sucked, and the show can't decide if it's going to be utterly ridiculous or trying to be serious, because it keeps going back and forth. It needs to be ridiculous because when it tries to be serious, it just highlights how bad it can really be.

I also find it a bit humorous that part of why it's a show is they parody a lot of things about The Walking Dead and even make fun of it for some of the criticisms it gets. But then this show itself is now guilty of a lot of the same things; increased the episode order to 14-15 episodes which in turn drags out the storyline, several episodes that center on just 1 or 2 characters, etc. They might argue that's part of the making fun of TWD part, but I don't buy they are being that clever, I think they are just falling into the same problems TWD has.

Having said all that I did chuckle at the finale's ending because that I do believe is a literal jab at TWD. If you didn't see it

The group is fighting the bald man on top of a mountain base helipad area; two of the group get shot and are seemingly lying there dying, the bald man is about to take Murphy's daughter on an alien looking aircraft, and Addy comes running and tackles the bald man off the side of the cliff, Murphy's daughter jumps after them for some reason, and it ends with the aircraft seemingly about to shoot all the people. So it ends on a literal cliffhanger....well cliff jumper I guess.

Overall I thought the season sucked, and the show can't decide if it's going to be utterly ridiculous or trying to be serious, because it keeps going back and forth. It needs to be ridiculous because when it tries to be serious, it just highlights how bad it can really be.

I also find it a bit humorous that part of why it's a show is they parody a lot of things about The Walking Dead and even make fun of it for some of the criticisms it gets. But then this show itself is now guilty of a lot of the same things; increased the episode order to 14-15 episodes which in turn drags out the storyline, several episodes that center on just 1 or 2 characters, etc. They might argue that's part of the making fun of TWD part, but I don't buy they are being that clever, I think they are just falling into the same problems TWD has.

Having said all that I did chuckle at the finale's ending because that I do believe is a literal jab at TWD. If you didn't see it

The group is fighting the bald man on top of a mountain base helipad area; two of the group get shot and are seemingly lying there dying, the bald man is about to take Murphy's daughter on an alien looking aircraft, and Addy comes running and tackles the bald man off the side of the cliff, Murphy's daughter jumps after them for some reason, and it ends with the aircraft seemingly about to shoot all the people. So it ends on a literal cliffhanger....well cliff jumper I guess.

I have to agree. They need to stick to the zombie of the week type stories and ditch this whole Zona/Murphy crap. I was hoping the episode in the desert about Zona last season was just a standalone kind of thing but apparently they had to drag it back into the show.

Also, at the risk of sounding like I'm contradicting myself, how did 10K's girlfriend and her brother just show up? Didn't the kid die?

Also, at the risk of sounding like I'm contradicting myself, how did 10K's girlfriend and her brother just show up? Didn't the kid die?

Their bodies were never found after the hoard they ran into left. 10K only found some blood.

Their bodies were never found after the hoard they ran into left. 10K only found some blood.

Maybe it was a dream sequence but I thought there was a scene where 10K found the kid's body.

I do remember the red chick just running off into a horde swining away, so I could buy her just showing back up, but I could have sworn they showed the kid dead on screen.

VN Store

Back