Yves Pons commits to Tennessee per Grant Ramey

To answer a question asked in another thread about Pons being foul prone, I probably just formed that opinion watching the fiba game from which his highlights were taken.
I do offer some information from the following article that will interest most. He's coming to TN to get a diploma.

http://www.heinnews.com/basketball/nba/spectacular-pons-loud-on-the-court-reserved-off-the-hardwood/

So he's not foul prone??

Fwiw on the diploma that doesn't necessarily mean he's a 4 year guy, lots of guys come back and finish their degrees for free...iirc Tobias has returned for a few summers to get some credits.

So he's not foul prone??

Fwiw on the diploma that doesn't necessarily mean he's a 4 year guy, lots of guys come back and finish their degrees for free...iirc Tobias has returned for a few summers to get some credits.

Guess one shouldn't form an opinion from one game. Watching him in that game though and getting 4 quick fouls you could say he is. Also could be a reason he averaged fewer than 20 minutes per game.
We'll see.

Guess one shouldn't form an opinion from one game. Watching him in that game though and getting 4 quick fouls you could say he is. Also could be a reason he averaged fewer than 20 minutes per game.
We'll see.

Fair enough, was just curious if it was based on that 1 game or multiple games, thanks for answering.

Fair enough, was just curious if it was based on that 1 game or multiple games, thanks for answering.

I did find one place that recorded his fouls.
1.7 in 16 minutes of play per game.
That's pretty close to what Williams was averaging in 25 minutes of play. 32 games 105 fouls.

Some other things to be concerned about, the three point line is shorter in international play, you can stay in the paint as long as you want, and goaltending is allowed (basically) over seas.

I did find one place that recorded his fouls.
1.7 in 16 minutes of play per game.
That's pretty close to what Williams was averaging in 25 minutes of play. 32 games 105 fouls.

Sweet, not too shabby. He needs to be a 20-25mpg guy ideally, that's only 2-3 fouls, doesn't seem like it should be too much of a concern.

you have to look over me lol I've had a rough day. The NCAA is a little shorter than the NBA, so I'd say thats about the same. I'll editZ

There is no such thing as a 100% certainty and that appears to be what you're looking for, if that's the case nothing anyone says is going to help ease your concern about a recruit being/not being a potential bust.

Not looking for certainty, just trying to understand what folks look at in highlight videos that translates over to SEC play. Hoping to learn from others who are more knowledgeable than myself. When I watch the video, I see a 6'-6" guy who can jump but there has to be more to look for than that?

Thanks for the input. :hi:

Not looking for certainty, just trying to understand what folks look at in highlight videos that translates over to SEC play. Hoping to learn from others who are more knowledgeable than myself. When I watch the video, I see a 6'-6" guy who can jump but there has to be more to look for than that?

Thanks for the input. :hi:

Elite defender, and he has the body of an NBA player. Built a lot like ibaka, imo.

VN Store

Back