You're not being honest with yourself

... if you woke up this morning blaming the coaching only. Players gotta make plays. This team doesn't tackle, can't catch a pass that hits 'em in the hands, can't throw down field and hit a target, can't contain a QB. The TEAM got whipped last light.

There are some noticeable exceptions: Hurd, Kamara, Smith, R-M and ST.

I don't know the way forward from here but I do know I AM A VOL FAN AND WILL CONTINUE TO PROUDLY WEAR ORANGE AND SUPPORT THE TEAMS even during these terrible years.
If coaching is never to blame as you sheep claim then why isn't Dooley still here? Jones has the talent to win NOW, the sad part is it will all be gone after next season. Thats why there is urgency to get this fixed now because if this crap continues recruiting will suffer and the cupboard will be bare again.

To be successful in the SEC requires one of two things...you have to have a coach that can coach, such as a Saban , Miles, Meyer (when he was at Florida), or even a Spurrier. Or, you must have the best players. We have neither, and it's not even close. Dobbs is not a SEC caliber quarterback. Where are the "high rated quarterbacks" we signed? My feeling is that someone is giving us a snowjob on all this "good recruiting" Butch is supposed to be doing.

... if you woke up this morning blaming the coaching only. Players gotta make plays. This team doesn't tackle, can't catch a pass that hits 'em in the hands, can't throw down field and hit a target, can't contain a QB. The TEAM got whipped last light.

I don't know the way forward from here but I do know I AM A VOL FAN AND WILL CONTINUE TO PROUDLY WEAR ORANGE AND SUPPORT THE TEAMS even during these terrible years.

kids have quit. you would have to be an idiot to want to play for him right now.

Kiffin didn't recruit well. Unless you like busts and criminals

Please. Dooley was the problem. Let Bryce Brown walk. Had zero discipline. Kiffin left him some really good pieces and had a top 10 class ready for signing day. Also had AJ Johnson committed for him for the next season.

Some good and interesting feedback. I disagree with those of you that want to put total blame on the coaching staff (who say it's their responsibility to teach and train). I think of their role similar to parenting. We equip the young for life and then they must move forward and take responsibility for their actions.

These players are athletes that have been practicing their craft most all of their life and who are in the best physical condition of their life. This team is a couple of caught balls, passes on target, blocking assignments, or tackles from beating a couple of very good teams but the players aren't getting it done.

There are plenty of threads about poor coaching and its obvious for changes on the staff. They just don't deserve all the blame for the losses. It would be like saying a parent should be punished for their child disrespecting authority or breaking the law.

I'm not blindly following anything.

This team was overhyped since the clock hit zero in Jacksonville.

Jones has talked too much and his coach speak has worn thin.

This team will never compete with the more physical teams in the SEC when our most talented linemen are 1-2 years removed from HS.

I think Jones is an average coach at best. Very good recruiter.

no idea how this plays out, but at this point my guess is an AD search in 2015 and a coaching search in 2016.

The staff is overhyped.

The roster is plenty good enough to be 5-0.

College level players should at least be able to catch the damn ball......

Maybe if they had been doing more than blocking the first month of the season, they'd have been confident enough in their route running and technique enough that the catch would have been second nature. It's clear to see that the players weren't confident at all last night. In anything. That stems from the ****shows of last month.

Coach Jones is not the answer, sooner or later it will become obvious to everyone.

I remember when the Vols hired Jones and I was so very depressed after expecting/wishing for a proven winner with name recognition. The task, then at hand somehow seemed unreachable and now after 3 years we see we've been sold on nothing but hype from our used car salesman HC

Some good and interesting feedback. I disagree with those of you that want to put total blame on the coaching staff (who say it's their responsibility to teach and train). I think of their role similar to parenting. We equip the young for life and then they must move forward and take responsibility for their actions.

These players are athletes that have been practicing their craft most all of their life and who are in the best physical condition of their life. This team is a couple of caught balls, passes on target, blocking assignments, or tackles from beating a couple of very good teams but the players aren't getting it done.

There are plenty of threads about poor coaching and its obvious for changes on the staff. They just don't deserve all the blame for the losses. It would be like saying a parent should be punished for their child disrespecting authority or breaking the law.

Fundamentals is football, in high school these guys went on pure ability. You think that they learn big boy ball in high school? They have to continuously be taught and groomed into great football players. That is why some teams are just tough, fundamental football. These players are keeping us in these games by talent alone. I am out and you are f&"&_&" stupid. Check back in next week after the team quits on this joke of a coach, actually I hope he is gone for allegations before then.

Me too. I support players but not staff. If coaches did not cost us last week players would have been ready. Players were to emotionally drained. I like when you cap every letter reminds me of Arthor on King of Queens having a melt down.

Please tell me what 5 games we are going to win. UGA will beat us by two touchdowns. BAMA by at least 3 touchdowns. Kentucky may beat us. Mizzou will beat us. USC might beat us. Vandy and North Texas are looking like the only wins I can count on.

Here is what I don't get from you guys: we all know, without doubt, that a bounce here and a bounce there and we would be 4-1, hell maybe 5-0. But we're not. We've lost 3 games - 2 of those against landmark programs who are now 8-0. The other against a team with good talent and an O-line bigger than any pro team.

All without our best players at several positions.

If you really believe we should be 5-0 and ranked in the top 15 or better, how can you also say we suck?

I do think, outside of the next 2, we are a better team than anyone else on the schedule and for that reason we can win out.

In our first two losses, the players played hard most of the game but some mistakes late cost us.
Last night, the team appeared to quit after the first quarter and it snowballed down hill

When I look at players like Dobbs, it seems like the coaching he has received has actually hurt his game. Very few players have improved. This is college and every year you will lose top players to graduation and you have to reload -- Butch had time to replace AJ on defense (but starts a walk on since he did not), in 3 years he still has not replaced the NFL quality line that Dooley left him (I'll venture a guess that it's partly due to fact that Mahoney is nowhere as good as the coach Butch shipped off to Arkansas -- look at the line he rebuilt in his 3 years there and that speaks volumes)

Players are young and make mistakes. Coaches need to plan around that and put them in a position to win rather than just roll out the same tired system and get the same tired results

Dude forget the "its the players fault" message. I'm with you BTW that its a confluence of errors that got us here: including coaches and players.

But you will always get the "well, they did not coach'em up right" easy out crappy answer to always blame coaches.

Last night these guys got whipped physically. Both sides of the ball. In our other 2 losses, we could not execute on around 20 plays of which any of them would have iced a game. I mean you give your players 20 chances to win a game. I mean should we not give credit for providing so many chances to win right along with the times where they mismanaged and took a chance away? You just cannot have it both ways.

This team should be 4-1 with Arky giving us a legit punch in the mouth. WE are STILL THAT TEAM who I think can go 7-5, win a bowl game, and yes, dare I say it, progress along the way. Anyone with half a brain new 2016 was the year. We are just guilty, me included, of drinking too much hype koolaid in the offseason.

Did I mention we lost our best D player? Most of best WR's? Maybe our best O-lineman? Two starting DB's?

IMO this is just one of those unexplainable seasons where karma and confluence come together to make an ugly elixir. I still think CBJ is the guy with 2016 being at least my measuring stick.
Toledo says hey.
texas tech coach said they whipped their tail
Tennessee gets whooped lol pitiful

Here is what I don't get from you guys: we all know, without doubt, that a bounce here and a bounce there and we would be 4-1, hell maybe 5-0. But we're not. We've lost 3 games - 2 of those against landmark programs who are now 8-0. The other against a team with good talent and an O-line bigger than any pro team.

All without our best players at several positions.

If you really believe we should be 5-0 and ranked in the top 15 or better, how can you also say we suck?

I do think, outside of the next 2, we are a better team than anyone else on the schedule and for that reason we can win out.

Kentucky will be better and give it all they have

Mauk at mizzou will make us look silly.

Can go either way

VN Store

Back