You're not being honest with yourself

AdoptedVOL

... if you woke up this morning blaming the coaching only. Players gotta make plays. This team doesn't tackle, can't catch a pass that hits 'em in the hands, can't throw down field and hit a target, can't contain a QB. The TEAM got whipped last light.

There are some noticeable exceptions: Hurd, Kamara, Smith, R-M and ST.

I don't know the way forward from here but I do know I AM A VOL FAN AND WILL CONTINUE TO PROUDLY WEAR ORANGE AND SUPPORT THE TEAMS even during these terrible years.

Reactions: 11 people
... if you woke up this morning blaming the coaching only. Players gotta make plays. This team doesn't tackle, can't catch a pass that hits 'em in the hands, can't throw down field and hit a target, can't contain a QB. The TEAM got whipped last light.

I don't know the way forward from here but I do know I AM A VOL FAN AND WILL CONTINUE TO PROUDLY WEAR ORANGE AND SUPPORT THE TEAMS even during these terrible years.

Coaches are supposed to develop talent, that's the missing piece.

Reactions: 17 people
The talent is freshman and a couple sophmores! The upperclass talent is atrocious and that's not on butch. If you don't see a difference your blind.

So, he gets a pass because they can't develop the talent past the guys you mentioned? He's been here 3 freaking years, what have they been doing all this time?

Reactions: 2 people
our secondary has been taking atrocious angles for a decade now. It never gets better. They give up 3rd and longs like its nothing. The s*it our players do on the field is mind boggling.

Reactions: 1 person

Those years are turning into a decade..

Dude forget the "its the players fault" message. I'm with you BTW that its a confluence of errors that got us here: including coaches and players.

But you will always get the "well, they did not coach'em up right" easy out crappy answer to always blame coaches.

Last night these guys got whipped physically. Both sides of the ball. In our other 2 losses, we could not execute on around 20 plays of which any of them would have iced a game. I mean you give your players 20 chances to win a game. I mean should we not give credit for providing so many chances to win right along with the times where they mismanaged and took a chance away? You just cannot have it both ways.

This team should be 4-1 with Arky giving us a legit punch in the mouth. WE are STILL THAT TEAM who I think can go 7-5, win a bowl game, and yes, dare I say it, progress along the way. Anyone with half a brain new 2016 was the year. We are just guilty, me included, of drinking too much hype koolaid in the offseason.

Did I mention we lost our best D player? Most of best WR's? Maybe our best O-lineman? Two starting DB's?

IMO this is just one of those unexplainable seasons where karma and confluence come together to make an ugly elixir. I still think CBJ is the guy with 2016 being at least my measuring stick.

Reactions: 7 people
We said the same excuses about Dooley teams. All teams make penalties, drop passes, miss blocks, miss tackles, take poor angles. Well coached teams make far fewwer of these mistakes

Coaching is about a lot more than calling plays and making decisions. It's about creating a disciplined, fundamentally sound football team that gives their all.

IMO, last night was just as much about coaching as the previous two games. Every single piece of this team (except maybe Evan Berry and Jalen Hurd) is regressing. That's on leadership. That's on coaching.

Reactions: 3 people
Florida seems to be doing just fine. They're also just as young as we are. The youth BS is getting old. By year 3 you should see at least some signs that things are going to get better. We're losing close games and depth plays a part. We also wasted too many offensive possessions last night against a team that controls the ball for long periods of time..

Last week it was the defense, this week it was the offense. What that says is we're just not a very good team..

Reactions: 2 people

They tackled and did everything else wel enough to be 4-0 headed into this game../but instead were 2-2 and the butt of all jokes in ESPN. The coaches have lost the team. I knew they wouldn't muster up the same effort we've been seeing. And yes, that is all in the coaches

We've been ahead by 13 or more in every single game this year and are 2-3. That shows a lack of mental toughness, and that's on Butch.

But... the coaches have to put players in winning situations. Play calling was horrible as always. How about earn your freaking 3 mil a year and coach players up. Why can some teams coach 2 and 3 star players up to 5 star(spoiler alert) GOOD COACHING! This coaching staff coaches 5 star players to 2 and 3 star. GBO but DAM*!

Dude forget the "its the players fault" message. I'm with you BTW that its a confluence of errors that got us here: including coaches and players.

But you will always get the "well, they did not coach'em up right" easy out crappy answer to always blame coaches.

Last night these guys got whipped physically. Both sides of the ball. In our other 2 losses, we could not execute on around 20 plays of which any of them would have iced a game. I mean you give your players 20 chances to win a game. I mean should we not give credit for providing so many chances to win right along with the times where they mismanaged and took a chance away? You just cannot have it both ways.

This team should be 4-1 with Arky giving us a legit punch in the mouth. WE are STILL THAT TEAM who I think can go 7-5, win a bowl game, and yes, dare I say it, progress along the way. Anyone with half a brain new 2016 was the year. We are just guilty, me included, of drinking too much hype koolaid in the offseason.

Did I mention we lost our best D player? Most of best WR's? Maybe our best O-lineman? Two starting DB's?

IMO this is just one of those unexplainable seasons where karma and confluence come together to make an ugly elixir. I still think CBJ is the guy with 2016 being at least my measuring stick.

Please tell me what 5 games we are going to win. UGA will beat us by two touchdowns. BAMA by at least 3 touchdowns. Kentucky may beat us. Mizzou will beat us. USC might beat us. Vandy and North Texas are looking like the only wins I can count on.

VN Store

Back