Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

You mean how he’s 11/22 from 3 and scoring ~30 ppg in the two games with Bane?

Not being “a ball dominant guy on a crap team” is only going to make those %s go up

I just remember DeLon Wright got a little hot and averaged a triple double for a month for a crap team and reverted back to being DeLon Wright.

Is GG a 50 percent 3P shooter and if not, what's he going to revert back to. Is it 30 or is it 38?

How is he going to react when Ja comes back with his 30-35% usage? He fell to 45 being a knucklehead. Ja isn't known for his maturity either.

Can you play him, Ja and Bane defensively at the same time?

Is he going to take step up in Y2 or will he regress like Ziaire and Roddy when teams get tape on him?

It's encouraging for sure but I'm not going to draw too much for a team playing out the string.

I just remember DeLon Wright got a little hot and averaged a triple double for a month for a crap team and reverted back to being DeLon Wright.

Is GG a 50 percent 3P shooter and if not, what's he going to revert back to. Is it 30 or is it 38?

How is he going to react when Ja comes back with his 30-35% usage? He fell to 45 being a knucklehead. Ja isn't known for his maturity either.

Can you play him, Ja and Bane defensively at the same time?

Is he going to take step up in Y2 or will he regress like Ziaire and Roddy when teams get tape on him?

It's encouraging for sure but I'm not going to draw too much for a team playing out the string.
Teams get tape on him shooting?

I’m sorry, are people excited about his playmaking and distributing?

I don’t recall Ziaire and Roddy looking this good, ftr.

His knucklehead stuff was sulking and publicly complaining about not getting the ball. At age 17. Did he have off court stuff too?

Reactions: TBrown
At a minimum he may be a guy that can give you instant scoring off the bench going forward.

Will want to see how it translates going forward when he isn't a ball dominant guy on a crap team....

20 efficient PP36 for a 19 YO rookie is damn good. It's hard to trust the 3p shooting, given his college 3p% and ft%, but I'm starting to trust everything else now that he's played 800 minutes. Less than 7% of his shots come from 10' - 22'. You love to see it.

Reactions: TBrown
20 efficient PP36 for a 19 YO rookie is damn good. It's hard to trust the 3p shooting, given his college 3p% and ft%, but I'm starting to trust everything else now that he's played 800 minutes. Less than 7% of his shots come from 10' - 22'. You love to see it.

I love to see it for sure.Im just pumping the brakes when trying to extrapolate future stats playing out the string on a crap team.

Dillon Brooks averaged almost 18ppg on slightly more than 50% shooting the last 20 games of his rookie year. He never hit those numbers again.

I love to see it for sure.Im just pumping the brakes when trying to extrapolate future stats playing out the string on a crap team.

Dillon Brooks averaged almost 18ppg on slightly more than 50% shooting the last 20 games of his rookie year. He never hit those numbers again.
Man you nailed it. He’s the spitting image of dillon brooks.

Just let yourself enjoy something about the Grizzlies this season. Hope is fun ; )

I like GG. I liked the pick. He should played earlier this year. (Ive said all those things this year) Him and Vince have been revelations this year.

Im just not ready to anoint him as a future All Star yet.

2nd in ROY voting. I didn't think he was that bad in MEM

He put up a lot of empty stats on a garbage team that year....

OJ did shoot well from 3 but didn't shoot enough of them. In his 9 NBA seasons, he only shot that well from 3 1 more time. He was largely inefficient from 2, didn't give you a lot of consistent defense, and looked out only for OJ. The less he played in future years, the better the grizz got...

The fact that he was out the door twice (for picks that would later become PG and Kawii) but was kept only due to a snafu from the F.O. hurts his legacy some too...

None of this is to say OJ didn't have a good rookie year. Just that there is more to projecting future growth than scoring points on a garbage team....

There was some known maturity issues with OJ dating back to HS and USC and ultimately they derailed his career. He never really recovered from his face hitting TA's fist...

I have lived in this area for pretty much my whole life. I’ve never had issues related to pollen but whatever happened last week has knocked me completely out.

VN Store

Back