Your guilty pleasure movies?

One movie I like and I don't know why is Little Shop of Horrors. I think it's because of Steve Martin's dentist routine with Bill Murray that I think it's so funny.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Pretty In Pink
The Losers
Dante's Peak
Earnest Saves Christmas
Men At Work
Undercover Brother
Chicago

So may not fit the criteria but movies I have to watch when they come on:

My Favorite Year
Big Fish
Buckaroo Bonzai Across the Eighth Dimension
My Cousin Vinny
Big Trouble in Little China (already mentioned)
Rush Hour

Superbad
Under Siege 1&2
Roadhouse (if you don't know the bill Murray story google it)
Dirty Dancing (yeah? shut up)
Twister (all time favorite)
The Day After Tomorrow
Forces of Nature
Armageddon
White Men Can't Jump

Last and finally, I will watch hallmark Xmas movies with my wife because I'm a good husband, but more importantly I can figure out the plot by the time the first commercial occurs, and it pisses her off something awful. She hates when I point out that the trees leaves are very green during those winter scenes.

I love Dirty Dancing it's a drama movie mostly. Great lones including no 1 puts baby in a corner. Also I noticed Johnny Castle has my initials, and he is a flawed believable character.
Pretty sure Under Siege called Die Hard on a battleship is viewed as a great movie which it is. It's a amazing blockbuster, and a masterpiece by the brilliant Andrew Davis same guy that directed The Fugitive which also had Tommy Lee Jones.

Anacondas the Hunt for the blood orchids
I would love to know why the persons nominated this for Razzie worst sequel or worst remake because it's so damn far away from worst sequel that it's pretty damn laughable and astounding it even got nominated.

It's a undeniable decent sequel, actually tells why exactly the Anacondas are living longer plus growing very large, has references to the 1st movie plus Jaws and King Kong, plus a pretty interesting story searching for bpod orchids thst could be the fountain of youth that isn't at all a repeat story of the 1st movie, and get to know the characters with multiple likable characters including the Badass Ex Special forces soldier that is the Riverboat Captain.
I'm aware this would most likely be called and viewed as a great movie if Bill Johnson the Ex Special forces soldier had a lot more action scenes he's hugely undershown for the action. Plus actually use the blood orchids to find out will the blood orchids renew the youth of humans or not instead of a damn cliffhanger.
2 obvious flaws that could have been avoided so quality of the movie largely diminished of what it could be which is great.

Reactions: 1 person
Snakes on a Plane

I freakin love this movie which is utterly self explanatory at the highest level for plot because of the perfect fitting title. It has multiple problems so he told no 1 but somehow Agent Flynn finds out the guy witnessed a brutal crime but that's what makes it si bad its good including how ridiculous it is.
Kind of seems like a unintentional Sharknado but higher budget plus a theatrical movie.
Also Samuel L Jackson as usual is great including saying the iconic line about I've had enough of these a cuss word snakes on this same cuss word plane.

Also it got mocked with Steaks on a plane several years later.

Reactions: 1 person
Easily Adam Sandler's best movie

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you so much for this. My life just got better learning Glazer gets heckled by the Murray men every time it's shown.

It's awesome. I heard that Glazer got a call from Bill Murray while doing a shoot in Russia saying "Swayze is doing your wife right now". That's hilarious.

VN Store

Back