WVU Open As 7.5 Point Favorite

We have no idea. Vols will have the better roster. Wish we had Kelly. He would run wild on Big 12 defense. My feeling is if we get good play from JG or whomever starts we win by double digits. If not, probably a slug fest.

We have no idea. Vols will have the better roster. Wish we had Kelly. He would run wild on Big 12 defense. My feeling is if we get good play from JG or whomever starts we win by double digits. If not, probably a slug fest.

That's what I've been saying all along.

We only need better than last year's QB play. Only a few know what offense we will be running Sept. 1st. I bet WV run the same stuff assay year. CHP knows he can't lose that one. We could see some early magic from our defense. We really don't know how it will look either.

I can honestly say I expect both to be better than last year. That is not being rediculous.

That alone is worth 4 wins from better opponents.

We have 3 kinds of opponents.

Fair:
UTEP
ETSU
UNC Charlotte
WV

Good:
SC
UK
MO
Vandy
Fl

Tough:
Chumps
Gumps
Auburn

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Betting lines this early are almost 100% about "perception". Tennessee is perceived as bad and WVU as decent. They aren't factoring in anything else.

I love sports betting, but betting on a game this early is just insane.

Exactly. If you're serious about your money you don't plunk it down until the absolute last moment. You never can tell when you're All American QB or MLB trips getting off the team bus arriving at the game and is out for the season.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's see how recruiting and the spring go but 7.5 seems a bit high. If CJP is who we think he is and we get most of the injured guys back healthy in time for spring at latest fall camp I'm liking the Vols and the points...shades of 1989 UCLA opener.

Pretty similar except for in 1989 we had a National and SEC Championship winning coach, proven coordinators and continuity, and this season we have a brand new head coach and two first time coordinators and no continuity.

But it’s an opener away from home so sure, I’ll go with that.

VN Store

Back