Worst Class Since?

8-4 is progress. You all do realize we never won more than 6 with Dooley right? I mean hell, the season was a disappointment, but acting like 8-4 is the low point in the history of UT football is a joke.

Acting like 8-4 is progress after going 8-4 the year before, is a joke. They lost to South Carolina and VANDERBILT let that sink in tell me how that's progress. 2 games we had no business losing. 10-2 is progress 8-4 back to back is not. Never said Dooley was better.

Reactions: 4 people
Acting like 8-4 is progress after going 8-4 the year before, is a joke. They lost to South Carolina and VANDERBILT let that sink in tell me how that's progress. 2 games we had no business losing. 10-2 is progress 8-4 back to back is not. Never said Dooley was better.

And he beat UF and UGA which no one has done in well over a decade. He's also 2-1 against Mason, so I hardly think you can anoint Mason a better coach.

I'll bet you money that won't happen. Butch will be here at least 10 more years.

Lol. At least 10 years? If next year is as disappointing as this year, with all the rumors, negativity and tail-off in recruiting, we'll have a new head coach for the 2018 season.

And he beat UF and UGA which no one has done in well over a decade. He's also 2-1 against Mason, so I hardly think you can anoint Mason a better coach.
Being a better coach than Mason doesn't say anything. Butch is 2-2 vs vandy right? Losing to vandy and south Carolina is as bad as beating UGA and florida was good so that's moot. He underachieved and blew it. Should be 10-2.

Reactions: 2 people

The wins over an average UF team and a borderline bad GA team with a first year coach and true freshman qb were great in the moment.....but the losses to a bad SCar team with a high school qb and a bad Vandy team took all the shine and significance off the wins over UF and GA.....and this isn't just an emotional response. We know this since we didn't win the East, didn't play in the SECCG, didn't even get a shot to play in the Sugar Bowl.

Reactions: 1 person
The wins over an average UF team and a borderline bad GA team with a first year coach and true freshman qb were great in the moment...

LMAO. Moving the goalposts aren't we? Soon you'll claim that UF and UGA weren't even playing their first teams, right champ?

CBJ may not be SEC COY, but he beat two of our three biggest rivals this year. If you're going to keep whining about the losses, then you need to give him credit for the wins.

Any reason we haven't hired an AD yet? Wouldn't it help to get a search or at least some talks going on new position coaches so they could bring some of their recruits in?

8-4 is progress. You all do realize we never won more than 6 with Dooley right? I mean hell, the season was a disappointment, but acting like 8-4 is the low point in the history of UT football is a joke.

Using the actual low point of UT football history as a benchmark is a bit of a joke as well.

JMO.

Using the actual low point of UT football history as a benchmark is a bit of a joke as well.

JMO.

Joke started with saying current state is Dooleyesque. If Butch's recruiting and wins are better,it's a sign of desperation to compare the lowest. We want more but we've seen the WORST.

Joke started with saying current state is Dooleyesque. If Butch's recruiting and wins are better,it's a sign of desperation to compare the lowest. We want more but we've seen the WORST.

This. There's been a lot of comparison between the Butch years and the Dooley years. That is beyond asinine in my opinion.

Again, just me, but if you would have asked me before the season if I'd take wins over UGA and UF if I took losses against SC and Vandy, I would have taken it no problem. I still feel that way.

Reactions: 3 people
This class we have is what will bury Butch. Higgins, Johnson, not recruiting a top 40 instant player in the country at a position of need in Phillips, and combined with his pathetic performances on Saturday with be the end. His unwillingness to adapt to maximize the talent of his players will make next year his last. We are lucky we aren't 6-6. A Hail Mary and recovering a forward fumble in the end zone are luck. The only thing Butch has going is he is a good recruiter when things are going good or there is hope to sell. We have seen that Buch doesn't handle it well under pressure. Watch what happens when he loses to UF or UGA next year.

UGA 2 years in a row. We stomped UF. If you're consistent you would conceed those wins as results of good coaching.

Edit: After the UGA game another team tried a hail Mary on us but, again, #15 went up and got it. Luck? Nah it ain't

Reactions: 3 people
Good lord. Butch is not as bad as Dooley, but acting like he's the savior of UT football at this point is ludicrous. Losing to South Carolina and especially Vandy was inexcusable. And too many are acting like we already have Akers and Ray committed. Everyone said we would get Corker, but he chose freakin' Kentucky. Until they actually commit, they don't count as feathers in Butch's cap.

This is not a horrible class, but we have to do better to get better. It's a quite simple concept. Being happy with 8-4 and never competing for championships is sad. Tennessee football is better than that. I hope Butch finds a way to right the ship, but his current staff is not the solution. And if he can't take us to championship levels, then Butch needs to be shown the door and another coach who can accomplish that goal hired.

Reactions: 5 people
Butch will never see the class of '17 be seniors. So the worst he does, the sooner he is gone. I just sit back and laugh and wait for the inevitable to occur again.

Butch will never see the class of '17 be seniors. So the worst he does, the sooner he is gone. I just sit back and laugh and wait for the inevitable to occur again.

Even if you believe that, why is it funny? That's just that much further we fall behind. I agree in that I have doubts about Butch and his ability to get us to competing for championships, but in no way do I find it funny. The state of Tennessee football has left me sad and frustrated.

Even if you believe that, why is it funny? That's just that much further we fall behind. I agree in that I have doubts about Butch and his ability to get us to competing for championships, but in no way do I find it funny. The state of Tennessee football has left me sad and frustrated.

I think what he is saying is that he wants us to be bad for a couple of years so we can get a new HC! I see people post this crap and I wonder if they are real fans! Have any of these guys that post crap even played competive sports? More than likely not!,

Trey Smith, Ty Chandler and possibly Cam Akers are all elite of the elite. That's pretty good recruiting if you ask me. If Ray comes also, hard to deny his ability to recruit.

Problem is we only have 2 of those 4 in the fold and are fighting uphill battles for the other 2.

If we do land all 4 of those guys, the staff deserves major props. Butch is going into a vital year, landing 4-5 top flight prospects who have the upside to contribute year one would be a huge boost for the team in 2017.

VN Store

Back