Worst Class Since?

I'll bet you money that won't happen. Butch will be here at least 10 more years.

I'll take the 10 year bet right now and run with it. I'm one of the biggest Butch supporters and I think he's doing it right but not many make it at a school 14 years these days.

We can beat the DAWGS there coach isn't to SMART.:)My friend nobody is going to beat Bama year in year out if you can beat them 1 out of 5 years be happy NICK is a better coach and recruiter than the Bear before he is done he will make Bama's fans forget the bear i don't like it but the truth is the truth i lived through this in the 60s and 70's and my friend if you are young just take a nap for the next 10 year's and hope NICK retires everybody will be playing for second in football bama will win atleast 5 out of the next 10 NC's if you think i am crazy there QB is just a freshmen and he has first round talent on the defense on the bench and more on the way.

That was the longest run-on sentence that I have ever read. Good God, do us all a favor and just stop.

This class we have is what will bury Butch. Higgins, Johnson, not recruiting a top 40 instant player in the country at a position of need in Phillips, and combined with his pathetic performances on Saturday with be the end. His unwillingness to adapt to maximize the talent of his players will make next year his last. We are lucky we aren't 6-6. A Hail Mary and recovering a forward fumble in the end zone are luck. The only thing Butch has going is he is a good recruiter when things are going good or there is hope to sell. We have seen that Buch doesn't handle it well under pressure. Watch what happens when he loses to UF or UGA next year.

Reactions: 8 people
This class we have is what will bury Butch. Higgins, Johnson, not recruiting a top 40 instant player in the country at a position of need in Phillips, and combined with his pathetic performances on Saturday with be the end. His unwillingness to adapt to maximize the talent of his players will make next year his last. We are lucky we aren't 6-6. A Hail Mary and recovering a forward fumble in the end zone are luck. The only thing Butch has going is he is a good recruiter when things are going good or there is hope to sell. We have seen that Buch doesn't handle it well under pressure. Watch what happens when he loses to UF or UGA next year.

True. It was shocking how unprepared he had them for the 1st game.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually I went to college and for numerous degrees. But plz, attack me for my name. You'll have to excuse me because I'm educated, unlike you.

Yeah..but do you have a cherry desk, rich Mahogany paneling, a 27 inch iMac, and great vintage wines in your world class wine cellar?

Bullseye 🎯

Actually I went to college and for numerous degrees. But plz, attack me for my name. You'll have to excuse me because I'm educated, unlike you.

Educated, maybe. Knowledgeable on football, not likely. Focus on your degrees.

Reactions: 4 people
We weren't great this year. To think we were anything above mediocre is delusional. We totally fell apart at times and we lost to freakin' Vandy. Mull that over. Vandy. That should never happen.

I like Butch, but liking him has nothing to do with his job. His ultimate goal is to play for championships, and we should have been in the SEC CG. We dropped a turd on the field and there really is no excuse. So my opinion, we give him one more year to really turn the corner. If he can't do it, wish him the best of luck and find a coach who can get us to that next level. Tennessee football is meant to be great. We still haven't reached that level.

Reactions: 2 people

All those degrees and you use spelling like plz? Why would someone as incredibly intelligent as you worry about how I post? Surely I'm not worth even quoting

We weren't great this year. To think we were anything above mediocre is delusional. We totally fell apart at times and we lost to freakin' Vandy. Mull that over. Vandy. That should never happen.

I like Butch, but liking him has nothing to do with his job. His ultimate goal is to play for championships, and we should have been in the SEC CG. We dropped a turd on the field and there really is no excuse. So my opinion, we give him one more year to really turn the corner. If he can't do it, wish him the best of luck and find a coach who can get us to that next level. Tennessee football is meant to be great. We still haven't reached that level.
You know how it is here. Everyone likes to live in a fairytale land and not accept reality. Reality is we underachieved with a team loaded with talent. Now a lot of thay talent will be gone so it'll only get worse. Remember these same sunshine pumpers spewed the same garbage for Dooley. But if Florida had butch and did what we did this year we would be thrilled if they kept Butch

Legit question.. You guys think if we didn't throw that miracle to Jennings vs UGA and went 7-5 butch would be fired now?

Last edited:
You guys think if we didn't throw that miracle to Jennings vs UGA and went 7-5 butch would be fired now?

That was luck and we got lucky vs app state with hurd landing on the fumble. Should have been 6-6. Got outplayed and coached by appalachian state give me a break

Reactions: 2 people
Legit question.. You guys think if we didn't throw that miracle to Jennings vs UGA and went 7-5 butch would be fired now?

Probably not. He's here for the long haul. It's going to take a couple of 5 wins seasons for him get the ax. We, as UT fans must except 8 wins as the norm.

The SC and Vandy games destroyed any good feelings from the Florida and Georgia wins

Probably not. He's here for the long haul. It's going to take a couple of 5 wins seasons for him get the ax. We, as UT fans must except 8 wins as the norm.

The SC and Vandy games destroyed any good feelings from the Florida and Georgia wins

The way people post around here they're content with 8 win seasons. Pretty pathetic we have gone from a top 10 program nationally to a program happy with 8 wins

The thing is, 8 wins seasons are not necessarily bad. But what posters here don't understand is that our roster WAS STACKED THIS YEAR! That's what makes 8 wins so very underwhelming.

And before someone says something about injuries, we should have taken care of Appy State and Ohio better when we were healthy. And when the injury bug hit, that's NO excuse for losing to Vanderbilt and South Carolina after a freaking bye.

Reactions: 3 people
The thing is, 8 wins seasons are not necessarily bad. But what posters here don't understand is that our roster WAS STACKED THIS YEAR! That's what makes 8 wins so very underwhelming.

And before someone says something about injuries, we should have taken care of Appy State and Ohio better when we were healthy. And when the injury bug hit, that's NO excuse for losing to Vanderbilt and South Carolina after a freaking bye.

We should have won the games vs SC and Vandy but we weren't as stacked as fans thought. Not to mention a lot of the guys that were expected to be a part of that "stacked" roster missed significant time with injury.

We beat App State and Ohio.

We can beat the DAWGS there coach isn't to SMART.:)My friend nobody is going to beat Bama year in year out if you can beat them 1 out of 5 years be happy NICK is a better coach and recruiter than the Bear before he is done he will make Bama's fans forget the bear i don't like it but the truth is the truth i lived through this in the 60s and 70's and my friend if you are young just take a nap for the next 10 year's and hope NICK retires everybody will be playing for second in football bama will win atleast 5 out of the next 10 NC's if you think i am crazy there QB is just a freshmen and he has first round talent on the defense on the bench and more on the way.

Punctuation can be your friend, my friend.:eek:k:

VN Store

Back