Worst Class Since?

OH-Vol

Based on the assessment of people paid to evaluate recruits this could be the worst recruiting class we have had since the Kiffin -> Dooley offseason.

I hope I am wrong Trey Smith, Chandler and Gray will hopefully be great but d*mn! We just saw what Jones does with loaded classes, imagine when talent falls off!

Reactions: 17 people
A bit ignorant but who are the program changers? Looks like a lot of 3rd and 4th year contributors in a year where in state talent is ridiculous.

Reactions: 3 people
Half of the current commits will be recruited over. No way Jones is seriously going to take some of these people. We'll be back in top 5 by February. Just need a good fourth quarter in MCB to show the elite prospects how serious we are about notching moral victories on the way to back to back life championships.

Reactions: 16 people
I think this class is turning out pretty good- but definitely not the best for stargazers.

I personally think we need at least 2 more O lineman. We also need to improve our depth at LB so we need 1 more there. We could use a big fish like Cam Akers. So we're trying to go the distance with a few big time prospects and we've shown we're willing to move on from from current commits if it's an obvious upgrade.

I think this staff actually does an excellent job at evaluating talent. The only real question so far has been development.

Reactions: 10 people
Based on the assessment of people paid to evaluate recruits this could be the worst recruiting class we have had since the Kiffin -> Dooley offseason.

I hope I am wrong Trey Smith, Chandler and Gray will hopefully be great but d*mn! We just saw what Jones does with loaded classes, imagine when talent falls off!

Worst Post Since?

Reactions: 54 people
We're currently ranked 11th. So "worst " since LAST YEAR? :huh:

Reactions: 19 people
Half of the current commits will be recruited over. No way Jones is seriously going to take some of these people. We'll be back in top 5 by February. Just need a good fourth quarter in MCB to show the elite prospects how serious we are about notching moral victories on the way to back to back life championships.

I don't think the horse is dead yet. If you keep beating it for about 8 more months you might kill it and prove to us how you're totally a more committed fan then the rest of us!!

Reactions: 9 people

So funny. Thanks for the laugh. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: 2 people
It's been headed toward that 15-20 range finish for quite a while. Of course those saying it's only July were choosing to "wait". When it ends up 15-20 on NSD those same folks will swear it's loaded with underrated talent and they will "wait" to see how they develop. These situations usually play out the same way. Lots of waiting with inevitable disappointment.

Reactions: 16 people
It's been headed toward that 15-20 range finish for quite a while. Of course those saying it's only July were choosing to "wait". When it ends up 15-20 on NSD those same folks will swear it's loaded with underrated talent and they will "wait" to see how they develop. These situations usually play out the same way. Lots of waiting with inevitable disappointment.

So, 15th in the nation after having a disappointing season while having top ten classes the previous 3 years? Oh my god, we are doomed.

Reactions: 3 people
We are not doomed. Just going to have to tread water another year while we wait for the sure HC search coming next year.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Reactions: 27 people

Based on average star rating 2013. Will still be better than all of Dooley's classes and the lone Kiffin class. While this class might lack the star power of our 2014-2016 classes, it is better than any non Butch class since 2007. Go back and look at our classes from 2008-2012 and examine the level of attrition from those 5 years. Most of the high rated guys either didn't qualify or left the program in their first year.

Reactions: 4 people

And don't forget you can't count Trey Smith, because ANYONE could have signed the in state 5*.

Jones has closed well every year so far, and expect we will finish strong TY...prob in the 12-15 range...while certainly getting a top 10 rating from some outlier service, so we can point to another top 10 class!!!

Let's wait until these players are at least Juniors before throwing them under the bus.........these are high school kids with athletic ability.........I guess Cam Sutton was a bad pick up :rock:

Reactions: 1 person

And had it been a Top 5 class, your ass wouldn't even be here. You would take 6 months off and come back under a new name the next time something bad happened .

Reactions: 8 people
We are not doomed. Just going to have to tread water another year while we wait for the sure HC search coming next year.

If you think classes like this are going to beat the likes of GA, LSU, Bama etc in the future, I would like to sell you some Enron stock and show you some beach front property in Arizona. How do you think we will do it? Out coach them? Magic Dust? Perseverance? Resilency?:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 14 people
If you think classes like this are going to beat the likes of GA, LSU, Bama etc in the future, I would like to sell you some Enron stock and show you some beach front property in Arizona. How do you think we will do it? Out coach them? Magic Dust? Perseverance? Resilency?:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Don't waste your time let them live in fantasy land.

Reactions: 5 people
WE are 10 and 11 in the recruiting right now there is 4 or 5 that is on the list now come NSD there will be 6 or 7 more player's and a couple like last year that will flip to us like Byrd, Johnson in saying that we need to WIN the Bowl game bad and if we do we will be between 8th and 12th, i think DD BEST YEAR WAS ABOUT 28TH AND ONE YEAR 34TH, in any other conference we would be rated 2nd or 3rd and the fans would be raving about how well the class was pump the BRAKES NSD is still a ways of, dont abort the mission yet dont:mf_surrender:yet.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time let them live in fantasy land.

We can beat the DAWGS there coach isn't to SMART.:)My friend nobody is going to beat Bama year in year out if you can beat them 1 out of 5 years be happy NICK is a better coach and recruiter than the Bear before he is done he will make Bama's fans forget the bear i don't like it but the truth is the truth i lived through this in the 60s and 70's and my friend if you are young just take a nap for the next 10 year's and hope NICK retires everybody will be playing for second in football bama will win atleast 5 out of the next 10 NC's if you think i am crazy there QB is just a freshmen and he has first round talent on the defense on the bench and more on the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back