Woman assaults a minor who was using a drone

having a camera on it and having it fly over people feels creepy to those being recorded. if someone was walking around with a camera taking shots of you, you'd be like "hey man can you stop that." a drone flying overhead just feels like an even creepier way to do it without getting caught as easily.
I would smile and say cheeese!

What if he were a teacher?

so we've effectively changed a 17-year old male flying a drone with a camera over people, including a 23-year old female, into a 23-year old male teacher having sex with a 17-year old female student

why not just say he raped her while you're at it

How is flying a remote control toy around at the beach creepy in the least? Only question I would have for you legal types is if I had video evidence she attacked me first without provocation would I be within my rights to beat the holy hell out of that beech in self defense?

Yes.

If someone attacks you, you have every right to defend yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
so we've effectively changed a 17-year old male flying a drone with a camera over people, including a 23-year old female, into a 23-year old male teacher having sex with a 17-year old female student

why not just say he raped her while you're at it

You're the one creeped out by kids playing with rc helicopters & think adults should be able to assault them. Just seeing how deep your fears go & what you view as a minor if not by what the law states although your comments afterward all deal with the law.

You're the one creeped out by kids playing with rc helicopters & think adults should be able to assault them. Just seeing how deep your fears go & what you view as a minor if not by what the law states although your comments afterward all deal with the law.

to be fair, if she was with a boyfriend and he went off on this kid, the reaction would be different. guys would be saying that they'd do the exact same thing to protect their woman.

flying a drone on a beach is creepy af. this 16 year old needs to learn boundaries.

nevertheless, assault ain't right either.

I literally agreed. I said assault ain't cool. You can be creeped out by someone who isn't breaking the law.

nobody ever said reading comprehension was your strong suit, did they?

I guess you forgot about this. Lol

The point of that was strictly to call out the OP for the way the title was worded. I never said that she should attack him. I'm saying that the way he wrote the title was done in order to make the reader (i.e. you and I and every other commenter in this thread) take the side of the "minor" before learning anything about the situation. If the "woman" was 19, he'd have written it the same way.

The point of that was strictly to call out the OP for the way the title was worded. I never said that she should attack him. I'm saying that the way he wrote the title was done in order to make the reader (i.e. you and I and every other commenter in this thread) take the side of the "minor" before learning anything about the situation. If the "woman" was 19, he'd have written it the same way.

The title is in no way deceiving, and in every way accurate.

You've willfully participated in this thread despite the fact that you feel as though you've been wronged in some way by it's title.

Not necessarily.

The boy's side SHOULD be taken. He did nothing wrong and got beaten up for it.

How is that sketchy? He's playing with his new toy. I don't think his intentions were to take pictures and then take them home and masturbate.

The thing is if you were out there on the beach you wouldn't know what his intentions are though and that's what makes it a little sketchy. Now I'm not saying the kids intentions were to use the video or pictures as fap material but if you were on the beach you wouldn't know that for sure which would make it sketchy. None the less it doesn't give the woman the right to hit the kid.

The thing is if you were out there on the beach you wouldn't know what his intentions are though and that's what makes it a little sketchy. Now I'm not saying the kids intentions were to use the video or pictures as fap material but if you were on the beach you wouldn't know that for sure which would make it sketchy. None the less it doesn't give the woman the right to hit the kid.

my exact point

you'll get flamed for it

Problem is that even we DID know the kid's intent was to be pervy we can certainly disapprove but if you are on a public beach you are basically giving up pretty much all expectation of visual privacy. One doesn't have to like it but that's essentially how it works.

This lady is a real c-word. Kudos to the kid, don't know if I could keep my temper in check to let her assault me like that.

He's not standing outside a window looking in (which is legal). Quit trying to make it seem like the kid is some pervert. He's got a cool toy.

Where would you fly your quadcopter if you had one? A park? Oops, now you're in public and being pervy. Your backyard? Oops, now you're near houses and being probably trying to look in windows and be pervy. A desolate desert? Now you've traveled far from home, probably lost, and getting a terrible sunburn. Where's the water?

He's not standing outside a window looking in (which is legal). Quit trying to make it seem like the kid is some pervert. He's got a cool toy.

Where would you fly your quadcopter if you had one? A park? Oops, now you're in public and being pervy. Your backyard? Oops, now you're near houses and being probably trying to look in windows and be pervy. A desolate desert? Now you've traveled far from home, probably lost, and getting a terrible sunburn. Where's the water?

I never said the kid was a pervert. And I never said he shouldn't be flying the copter at the beach. I just said it seemed a little sketchy to me for him to be flying it at a beach. He may not have many places to fly.

If I was at a beach and saw a kid 16 or 17 years old flying one of those things around my first thought would be "That thing is pretty cool." My second thought would be "That's a little sketchy that he is flying it at a beach with a camera on it." As in, I'm not sure what his intentions are. I, personally, wouldn't go up to the kid and ask him to stop flying the thing and certainly would assault the kid for flying it either.

Problem is that even we DID know the kid's intent was to be pervy we can certainly disapprove but if you are on a public beach you are basically giving up pretty much all expectation of visual privacy. One doesn't have to like it but that's essentially how it works.

I am in no way saying that the woman was justified in what she did.

I 100% agree and I have no reason to argue that. I'm simply saying that it's creepy. As I said earlier, you can be creepy and not break the law.

I am in no way saying that the woman was justified in what she did.

I 100% agree and I have no reason to argue that. I'm simply saying that it's creepy. As I said earlier, you can be creepy and not break the law.

Understood, it's why I made sure to include the bit
we can certainly disapprove
in my post. If being pervy was in fact the intent I don't much care for it. Still...it would help if most people realized how exposed you really are while in the "public" domain.

Wasn't trying to chastise anyone. :hi:

He should've asked everybody to leave so they weren't "creeped" out.

He should've asked everybody to leave so they weren't "creeped" out.

or he could say "oh hey, I'm flying this around to get landscape images, do you mind?" if they mind, they can either move or ask him to fly it elsewhere. there are certainly far more civil ways to handle the matter.

or he could say "oh hey, I'm flying this around to get landscape images, do you mind?" if they mind, they can either move or ask him to fly it elsewhere. there are certainly far more civil ways to handle the matter.

Wouldn't that work both ways? Do you cower if you see someone taking pics near you in public. Do you have panic attacks in any store you go in? Did you know cameras are mounted in many outdoor locations already? Many highways have cameras mounted too.

VN Store

Back