Woman assaults a minor who was using a drone

I was in Barnes and Noble bookstore last week and was a little surprised to see them selling something similar. They have built in cameras and are marketed with having a birds eye view. What else would an amateur be using them for?

Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter, Blue by Parrot | 3520410007286 | Item | Barnes & Noble

She sounded more than a little nuts unless there's more to the story. I thought it was interesting the police secured the iphone video but there was no mention of a review of the drone footage.

How is that sketchy? He's playing with his new toy. I don't think his intentions were to take pictures and then take them home and masturbate.

Well he probably was but that can't be proven.

Woman Charged With Assaulting Teen Over Drone in Madison | NBC Connecticut

I don't care what your intention is...that's creepy. It's as creepy as driving a remote control car with a camera on it.

How is that any different than having a video camera with a zoom function? The fact that you don't know you're being filmed?

If flying over private property (someone's private pool for instance) I can see how it could be construed as invasive but in open public? Sorry, I don't see how you aren't fair game legally. And mind you that's even if we KNEW the kid was trying to be pervy...

Not sure I'm getting the creepy part. He's not flying over the walls of a nudist camp. He's not hovering at someone's bedroom window. He's on a public beach & if he's filming anything it's whatever everybody is already seeing.

Probably the first time ive ever agreed with you.

being filmed when you aren't wanting to be filmed is creepy
seeing someone who might be filming you because they have a camera pointed in your direction makes you feel uncomfortable

it's similar to having someone standing really really close to you...not an invasion of "privacy" but more like an invasion of personal space

to be fair, if she was with a boyfriend and he went off on this kid, the reaction would be different. guys would be saying that they'd do the exact same thing to protect their woman.

flying a drone on a beach is creepy af. this 16 year old needs to learn boundaries.

nevertheless, assault ain't right either.

For what it's worth the kid has been using drones since he was 9 years old(in the article). Clearly it's a hobby and not something he just picked up to try and get fap material. He said he was using the drone to take pictures of the landscape. He even said the drone was more than 50 feet high in the air for the majority of it's flight(in the article).

Putting all that aside it really doesn't matter what you interpret as creepy. He's well within his rights to photograph whatever he wants in a public place. If you're in a public area anyone can legally take your photo with ANY kind of device whether you like it or not. You assault someone for taking your photo in a public place simply because you didn't like it and YOU get arrested. Your photo is already being taken on a daily basis pretty much wherever you go anyway. At Mcdonalds, Walmart, on campus, grocery store, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
For what it's worth the kid has been using drones since he was 9 years old(in the article). Clearly it's a hobby and not something he just picked up to try and get fap material. He said he was using the drone to take pictures of the landscape. He even said the drone was more than 50 feet high in the air for the majority of it's flight(in the article).

Putting all that aside it really doesn't matter what you interpret as creepy. He's well within his rights to photograph whatever he wants in a public place. If you're in a public area anyone can legally take your photo with ANY kind of device whether you like it or not. You assault someone for taking your photo in a public place simply because you didn't like it and YOU get arrested. Your photo is already being taken on a daily basis pretty much wherever you go anyway. At Mcdonalds, Walmart, on campus, grocery store, etc.

I literally agreed. I said assault ain't cool. You can be creeped out by someone who isn't breaking the law.

I would be more concerned with a malfunction and the thing falling on someone rather than the video.

Has she never been in a store? They have cameras all over them. She was in a public place, you run the risk of that all the time now with camera phones. I do hope she gets jail time since she tried to say he assaulted her. If not for his iphone he probably would of got arrested just by her saying that.

Not sure I'm getting the creepy part. He's not flying over the walls of a nudist camp. He's not hovering at someone's bedroom window.

Yet...

He's a teenage boy. How long before that idea crowds rational thought out of his mind?

One thing I really like is how the title of this thread makes you think that it's a 30-something going up against a 14-year old. It was a 23-year old woman and a 17-year old kid.

That being said, he smartly didn't attack her.

Has she never been in a store? They have cameras all over them. She was in a public place, you run the risk of that all the time now with camera phones. I do hope she gets jail time since she tried to say he assaulted her. If not for his iphone he probably would of got arrested just by her saying that.

She didn't even go to jail upon arrest. No way is she going to jail.

One thing I really like is how the title of this thread makes you think that it's a 30-something going up against a 14-year old. It was a 23-year old woman and a 17-year old kid.

That being said, he smartly didn't attack her.

It's a grown woman beating on a minor. I would have hoped he or his parents pressed charges honestly.

Even if he defended himself by knocking her out in the video he would have been justified.

Reactions: 1 person
I just wish the video had caught the police arriving and telling that C he wasn't doing anything illegal but she was be harassing/assaulting him.

I just wish the video had caught the police arriving and telling that C he wasn't doing anything illegal but she was be harassing/assaulting him.

Trifling chicken head is what she is. How much do you want to bet he's not the first guy she's assaulted and then proceeded to try to lie to the police about it?

It's a grown woman beating on a minor. I would have hoped he or his parents pressed charges honestly.

Even if he defended himself by knocking her out in the video he would have been justified.

"a grown woman beating on a minor"

come on. he's 17, she's 23. she's hardly a grown woman and he's barely a minor.

Woman Charged With Assaulting Teen Over Drone in Madison | NBC Connecticut

I don't care what your intention is...that's creepy. It's as creepy as driving a remote control car with a camera on it.
How is flying a remote control toy around at the beach creepy in the least? Only question I would have for you legal types is if I had video evidence she attacked me first without provocation would I be within my rights to beat the holy hell out of that beech in self defense?

How is flying a remote control toy around at the beach creepy in the least? Only question I would have for you legal types is if I had video evidence she attacked me first without provocation would I be within my rights to beat the holy hell out of that beech in self defense?

having a camera on it and having it fly over people feels creepy to those being recorded. if someone was walking around with a camera taking shots of you, you'd be like "hey man can you stop that." a drone flying overhead just feels like an even creepier way to do it without getting caught as easily.

having a camera on it and having it fly over people feels creepy to those being recorded. if someone was walking around with a camera taking shots of you, you'd be like "hey man can you stop that." a drone flying overhead just feels like an even creepier way to do it without getting caught as easily.

But it's as creepy as being caught in the back of a group photo or selfie, which is to say that it isn't creepy in the least.

VN Store

Back