With pig more than likely returning, how good is our wr core

With pig more than likely coming back, and kameel Jackson coming in as a walk on, I know that besides North and pig they haven't even played a down yet but just on ability alone is this the best wr core ut has ever had? I'm asking some of our older volnation members.

If you ain't got blockers.
You ain't got knockers'
At the TD door.

With pig more than likely coming back, and kameel Jackson coming in as a walk on, I know that besides North and pig they haven't even played a down yet but just on ability alone is this the best wr core ut has ever had? I'm asking some of our older volnation members.

First off, I will be surprised if Howard is back. So I would not count on him at this juncture.

These type questions are nice for off season discussions but almost impossible to talk about. Once players have went through the university and produced it is hard to envision new kids that have never played a snap being as good or better. Every player has the potential to be productive during a career. Everyone has the potential to be the best ever at their position,

What can't be determined on these new players is how they handle school life, attention from fans, daily distractions and the desire to succeed. Many go through homesickness. Almost all freshman have periods of wanting to "go back home". They tire of coaches screaming at them and try to determine if they want to continue to pursue football. Many drop out (38% rate at SEC schools). Many never develop but just ride out string trying to get their degree.

I've never tried to determine how many signed players match or exceeded the expectations for them but my guess it would be less than 40% of a signing class.

Just a quick glance at the 1998 signing class of 25 players.

5 or 20% of the class never finished with the Vols

only 4 of the 25 were all conference players.

Only 10 of the 25 players earned a letter for 4 years so 15 of them at least one season where they didn't play.

Just really hard to predict success.. much easier to expect failure but that is not the nature of being a fan

VN Store

Back