With pig more than likely returning, how good is our wr core

dyllisvol42

With pig more than likely coming back, and kameel Jackson coming in as a walk on, I know that besides North and pig they haven't even played a down yet but just on ability alone is this the best wr core ut has ever had? I'm asking some of our older volnation members.

With pig more than likely coming back, and kameel Jackson coming in as a walk on, I know that besides North and pig they haven't even played a down yet but just on ability alone is this the best wr core ut has ever had? I'm asking some of our older volnation members.

Justin Worley for Heisman.

:popcorn:

Reactions: 7 people
The Coaches have been showing these WR recruits the secret tape of Riley Ferguson balling out pro style. TN is ready to unleash Feguson on the SEC this seaon. That is why the five * WRs are coming to TN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Did not know Pig was more than likely coming back. Do tell. If he does, we'll be good at WR.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably the bestest ever.

Seriously though, I would put it up there with the best we've had......on paper at least.

Good mixture of body types, and skill sets too. VP, Vic, and Pig at slot. Malone, North, and Croom on the edges. Add the new TE depth, and the other receivers in the mix, who ever starts at QB will have some options.

Did not know Pig was more than likely coming back. Do tell. If he does, we'll be good at WR.

According to TOS, CBJ said yesterday it will be up to the 'player committee', but that CBJ sounded much more positive about a Pig return than he did last month.

Reactions: 1 person
if they all can stay healthy......remember they play big boy football in the sec.....glad there are some very large WRs in the stable.

Better than the 2012 receiving corp IMO.

And I held the 2012 receivers (Rivera included) in very high regards.

Our QB's are considerably better; individually and as a group; than UT's had the past several years. All this crying about the need for a decent QB is nonsense, in that Worley and Dobbs are definitely up to the task, and Fergy may well be as good or even better. Also, I wouldn't count Peterman out of the picture as being good at least as a sub. Who knows? No doubt, we'll find out in a little over three months. This WR corps is by far the best I've seen, which is a lot in my 63 years being around. If the OL is aggressive and can maintain a modicum of efficiency, then the dynamics of great talent @ WR, as well as far better talent at RB; and if the defense can hold down the score from their end in a respectable manner, then it's more than just realistic to figure on a winning season for '14.

Reactions: 5 people
Have we forgotten that Worley had two years prior with NFL-caliber receivers and posted pretty much the same dismal numbers whenever he played?

He was a sophomore

players dont develop?

youre entitled to your opinion though. could care less about arguing with you.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back