Wins left?

So, you're fine with players treating college as an NBA minor league as long as they're not on the same team. Makes sense...

From my very first post I've been critical of the SCHOOLS that are ruining college basketball by failing to have a roster that's predominately STUDENT-athletes and the NCAA for allowing it. Stop twisting my comments.

You have to go to class during the spring as well. Daniel Orton was the one Kentucky player that didn't and Cal was pissed at him.

Daniel Orton Did Not Complete Last UK Semester | Kentucky Sports Radio

Some disappointing news to start the week, as a source close to the situation tells me that Daniel Orton did not complete his classes at UK in the last semester. As soon as the season ended, Orton left town and went to California and contrary to his statements made at the time, I am told he did not finish his classes. The other Freshmen that left for the Draft (Wall, Cousins and Bledsoe), team members returning next year and the graduating Seniors all completed their classes and it is expected that the collective GPAs of those will all be significantly better than during first semester. However Orton did not complete classes and thus the actual number might not improve.

The question then remains as to whether Orton’s decision not to finish classes will have any other effect. I am told that the team’s APR is suspected to be good enough that the Cats wont lose a scholarship for next season. However the numbers will be hurt by Orton’s decision and there will be “no room for error by anyone going forward” according to the source.

A disappointing decision by Orton, especially considering his earlier comments. I like Daniel as a person and he is a very bright kid. But there were parts of his time at Kentucky that he handled poorly, not least of all his exit from campus.

Last edited:
Stop crying. We just need to get a few ourselves instead of being jealous.

I'd rather that players that don't want to be students have better options than to be part of the farce.

I'm not at all jealous of programs relying on one-and-done players. I admire the ones that go far and graduate their players.

I'd rather that players that don't want to be students have better options than to be part of the farce.

I'm not at all jealous of programs relying on one-and-done players. I admire the ones that go far and graduate their players.

Nearly every school graduates the players that stay, and nearly every school has some players leave early. You're just drawing an arbitrary line to say x number of early entrants is too many for one school, while also continuing to imply that those early entrants don't want to be students.

Nearly every school graduates the players that stay, and nearly every school has some players leave early. You're just drawing an arbitrary line to say x number of early entrants is too many for one school, while also continuing to imply that those early entrants don't want to be students.

I said that one-and-done is ruining college basketball. When lineups exist that are filled with them then it's making a mockery of student-athletes. I want to see college teams have the majority of their rosters intact for several years. I don't want college basketball to be the NBA's minor league.

The one&done rule is bogus and BS. If a kid can go from HS to pro, let him them. Why should these kids basically be given an ultimatum of going to college for one year or play overseas one year when they could just get drafted out of HS? Requiring any amount of time removed from HS is complete BS. If the NBA is worried about the maturity level of young players, maybe they need to freaking scout harder and not hand out multi-million dollar contracts based on potential like they were UNICEF pennies.

The baseball rule makes so much sense that I'm not sure why the NBA won't adopt it. Go straight out of high school, or you have to wait 3 years. Or just adopt a 21 year age limit to be drafted. The one-and-done rule is a silly compromise that is terrible for all parties. The one year doesn't additionally prepare players athletically for the NBA, and it cheapens the academic aspect of students genuinely interested in using collegiate sports as a means to a legitimate education.

Reactions: 1 person
Works for me. Players that aren't working towards a degree or are incapable of ever earning a degree have no business playing college basketball.
It was initially NBA's rule change to age that forced players to enter college for a year before they go pro. They changed the age requirement allowed to enter the draft. From 18 years old to 19.

Yes you can play Dleague/overseas, but generally no one wants to do it.

Why doesn't the NBA invest more in the D-league and make it a training ground for players. They could develop basketball wise and be taught life skills like handling money and such. Much more beneficial than a phony year in college.

Sadly i think we lose at Auburn

Auburn victory is the first domino to fall in my prediction! Now if we beat miss. State then something big is brewing here! An 8-2 finish is very possible. Out of that 8-2 I said earlier in the thread we are 1-0. So just 7 more and I believe we are in and off the bubble!!

Auburn victory is the first domino to fall in my prediction! Now if we beat miss. State then something big is brewing here! An 8-2 finish is very possible. Out of that 8-2 I said earlier in the thread we are 1-0. So just 7 more and I believe we are in and off the bubble!!

Beating both GA and Bama at home will be a tough task. Or a split with a win stolen at KY or USCe. TN's 10 man rotation is still half freshmen, 3 sophomores, and a 1st year senior.

Beating both GA and Bama at home will be a tough task. Or a split with a win stolen at KY or USCe. TN's 10 man rotation is still half freshmen, 3 sophomores, and a 1st year senior.

It will be a grind, but we should be favored in all but 2 of our remaining games

Why doesn't the NBA invest more in the D-league and make it a training ground for players. They could develop basketball wise and be taught life skills like handling money and such. Much more beneficial than a phony year in college.

Name recognition would go way down in the d league plus its not like the risk of injury is very high. The big names will still come to college. Nobody wants to go to the d league.

Name recognition would go way down in the d league plus its not like the risk of injury is very high. The big names will still come to college. Nobody wants to go to the d league.

Yeah, you can already go straight from HS to the D-League but not many people do it

That's the thing though. It could be made attractive to graduates if the NBA would get fully behind it.

Do you guys see 8 wins left?? I think it's somewhat possible. I honestly don't know how to call our games. Very young and very streaky. I think I'd poop gold bricks if we won 18 games.
Remaining games:

Vs Kentucky
Vs K state
@ Auburn

@ Miss state
Vs Ole Miss
Vs Georgia

@ Kentucky
Vs Missouri
Vs Vanderbilt

@ Uscjr
@Lsu
Vs Alabama

You heard it here first.
  • We'll lose one of the last home games against vandy or bama.
  • Win a couple in the SEC tournament.
  • Make the tournament as 10 seed.
  • Make the S16.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back