Wins left?

I think after this week of wins over UK and KSU we will at the very least go 17-14(9-9). That will get us into the NIT IMO. Honestly though I think 19-12 or 18-13, and we will give a good tournament case. I honestly believe we will finish 18-13(10-8) with 2-1 record in SEC tourney leading to a 20-14 record stating our case for the NCAA tournament.

I think after this week of wins over UK and KSU we will at the very least go 17-14(9-9). That will get us into the NIT IMO. Honestly though I think 19-12 or 18-13, and we will give a good tournament case. I honestly believe we will finish 18-13(10-8) with 2-1 record in SEC tourney leading to a 20-14 record stating our case for the NCAA tournament.

@Auburn W
@ Miss state L
Vs Ole Miss W
Vs Georgia W
@ Kentucky L
Vs Missouri W
Vs Vanderbilt W
@ USCjr L
@LSU W
Vs Alabama W

7-3 down this stretch, possibly 8-2 if we get both MISS ST. & Auburn. I think we get one of those games though, so I think 7-3 is not an unreasonable expectation.

7-3 = 19-12(11-7)

Win 1+ game(s) in SEC tourney and there is a real conversation here!

@Auburn W
@ Miss state L
Vs Ole Miss W
Vs Georgia W
@ Kentucky L
Vs Missouri W
Vs Vanderbilt W
@ USCjr L
@LSU W
Vs Alabama W

7-3 down this stretch, possibly 8-2 if we get both MISS ST. & Auburn. I think we get one of those games though, so I think 7-3 is not an unreasonable expectation.

7-3 = 19-12(11-7)

Win 1+ game(s) in SEC tourney and there is a real conversation here!

Ole Miss might be a tough game they are beating #5 Baylor by 10 right now

If you run the wizard, going 7-3 the remaining 10 (losses at Auburn, Kentucky, and South Carolina), they'll have an RPI of 37 and SOS of 14.

Sadly i think we lose at Auburn

After looking at the schedule and who auburn and Mississippi state both have played I think we could win both of those games. The environment at auburn and at Mississippi state won't be too big for us as we have played at UNC and against top competition much better than both of those teams. I think we can beat both especially if we play like we have the past 3 games.

I kind of surprised that the NCAA hasn't done something yet to discourage KY's NBA preperation model. They're ruining college basketball somewhat... it's a joke to call their players student-athletes.

Good lord... take away a scholarship for a year for every freshman that leaves for the NBA or something similar.

Nothing ruinous about it. They had a solution before--letting high school players declare--and decided to mess with it, and UK and Duke are taking advantage.

After looking at the schedule and who auburn and Mississippi state both have played I think we could win both of those games. The environment at auburn and at Mississippi state won't be too big for us as we have played at UNC and against top competition much better than both of those teams. I think we can beat both especially if we play like we have the past 3 games.

I agree but if the team that shows up is the one that appeared at Ole Miss. Then No.

Let's be honest here the only 2 for sure losses left are @UK and @USCjr! Other than that we could win the rest. Slip up once and that's still 7-3 which leads to 19-12. I will say this we will not finish any worse than 18-13. I've grown confident in this team! If we go 17-14 or 16-15 I won't be upset, but I don't see us finishing with less than 18 wins in the regular season. 6-4 with 5 home games left is not that tough of an ask. Protect the home court and beat LSU that's 6-4, but win 1 of 2 or both of Auburn and Mississippi state and that's 7-8 wins which is not out of the question! After today we have a lot of good momentum going!

Nothing ruinous about it. They had a solution before--letting high school players declare--and decided to mess with it, and UK and Duke are taking advantage.

It's ruining the concept of a student-athlete. Without that it's turning into the NBA Minor League.

They're going to class. If their APR gets too low, they'll be banned from tournaments

Most probably go to class in the Fall at the minimum hours permitted and take un-failable classes were needed. I'm not so sure the 1 and dones even show up for their classes in the Spring. Then, IMO, as many walk-ons as possible are added to the roster to prop up the team's average. The loophole needs to be closed. Players with no intention of pursuing a degree don't need to be participating in intercollegiate athletics programs.

Most probably go to class in the Fall at the minimum hours permitted and take un-failable classes were needed. I'm not so sure the 1 and dones even show up for their classes in the Spring. Then, IMO, as many walk-ons as possible are added to the roster to prop up the team's average. The loophole needs to be closed. Players with no intention of pursuing a degree don't need to be participating in intercollegiate athletics programs.

Know how to close that loophole? Let high school players declare for the draft.

Reactions: 1 person
Works for me. Players that aren't working towards a degree or are incapable of ever earning a degree have no business playing college basketball.

Completing coursework is, literally, working towards a degree. If they were incapable, they'd fail out. Not sure how else you would police this

Some of the players have come back and worked more on their degrees. I can tell you from personal experience that plenty of the players went to very real classes. I sat in classes with lottery picks and can even say a few came across as very intelligent people. Yes, some of them definitely don't care, but the majority take it seriously.

VN Store

Back