Wins left?

Would like to know the resume of 2014 Ole miss(19-14), 2013 LSU(19-12) and 2013 Arkansas(19-13). Those teams didn't make the NIT.

Most years there have been at least 1 or more 17 win teams in the NIT, they all had very strong SOS's, there has even been a few 16 win teams.

Last edited:
Barnes coached team, 17 SOS, 18 wins, 2pt loss to UNC and TN's rep for fan support. Still say it's a lock.
Hope they can do it, but have my doubts.

IMO overall wins and percentage for NIT bid...

16-25%
17-50%
18-90%
19- 99%

Here's mine but I am talking only about regular season wins. I don't think the NIT uses conference tourney wins much in their determination(just based on hunch nothing else)

16- 25%
17-50%
18-100%

I liked it better when I could actually name most, if not all, of KY's starting lineup and could hate them for 3 or 4 years. I'd not be happy if TN was doing the same thing. It cheapens college basketball. Who wants to watch the NBA minor league? I'm not even that interested in the NBA anymore.

Because it's all UKs fault for getting the best recruits. We should recruit like Barnes.

Reactions: 1 person
I am still not sure a NCAAT run is realistic, but the one positive we have going for us this year is that I am not sure the bubble will be very strong. I did a quick rundown of the current conference standings, and some of the "midmajor" conferences that annually produce multiple bids are not very strong, particularly the Atlantic 10, Mountain West, and even the American. No more than 2 tournament locks right now in each conference. That is going to open up more bids for power 5 teams in the middle of their conferences.

I am still not sure a NCAAT run is realistic, but the one positive we have going for us this year is that I am not sure the bubble will be very strong. I did a quick rundown of the current conference standings, and some of the "midmajor" conferences that annually produce multiple bids are not very strong, particularly the Atlantic 10, Mountain West, and even the American. No more than 2 tournament locks right now in each conference. That is going to open up more bids for power 5 teams in the middle of their conferences.

To your point, a lot of people have Pitt as one of the last teams in right now:

Pitt: 12-8(1-5) RPI:49 Top 50 wins: 2 Sub 100 losses: 2
Tenn: 11-9(3-4) RPI: 51 Top 50 wins: 1 Sub 100 losses: 0

Reactions: 1 person
ok so I don't think the probability is very good, but if we make it through the Sec T and make it at least to the semis....would that be enough for a bubble team? I assume that any tournament winner is an automatic bid..is that correct?

ok so I don't think the probability is very good, but if we make it through the Sec T and make it at least to the semis....would that be enough for a bubble team? I assume that any tournament winner is an automatic bid..is that correct?

Any tournament champion is in. I think, and this is purely personal opinion, any combination that gets us to 19 wins gets us in.

VN Store

Back