Will you support Vol Football if Schiano is hired?

Will you support Schiano being head coach?

• Total voters
Hell no. Guy might as well be a charter NAMBLA member. If Currie trots this guy out today, he should immediately be forced to resign.

Reactions: 4 people
I would support the vols if they rehired Kiffin and I despise him with everything in me. If they hire Schiano I'll be done. They might as well bulldoze the stadium if they hire this scumbag.

Reactions: 2 people
I can never totally give up, not support, not watch, or not go to games; however

if it is Greg the douche I will not support the football program in any way while he is there.......and if somehow I find something new that I can totally get into.......I may never again support them in any way.

If it happens, for now I will totally throw my support into basketball & baseball. I sure hope the Vols and Lady Vols are good this year......I did love watching the tourney this past week.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll always support this program and school but my level of support...especially financially and from a time standpoint....will dwindle significantly.

Excluding the Penn ST issues...there is nothing in his resume to suggest he will improve on the mess Jones left.

I can’t believe this might be happening. I know the administration is incompetent but this....would just be on another level of irresponsible.

Reactions: 4 people
Currie stated in his pressed when Jones was let go that the new coach would have "integrity." That was one of the first criteria he listed.

This would be as far from that as possible. Please let this be a bad dream.

Reactions: 3 people
Not significantly. Even if by some miracle we win again, I don't think so.

No. my family will not give another penny in any way, shape, or form. I will make sure that ends today.

I will not watch, listen, or even follow this garbage any longer.

I will actively root against Tennessee in every sport. This is disgusting on the highest level.

Last edited:
Yes go Vols! Have to assume Currie did proper checks and set the expectations. He won in College. Give him a shot. Write the contract right and let's go!

I wont root against them but I sure wont root for them either.

We're the Jenny McCarthy of college football.

We used to be a dime.

Now we're just a has been who got lucky enough to have Peyton Manning for a few years.

Guess Ill be playing more golf in the fall.

I've watched from afar but if they hire Schiano I will go outside and remove every bit of UT merch from my truck and go to the office and remove my UT stuff from there too. Diploma will go into storage. No more donations. Definitely no more expensive trips to watch not even mediocre football. I'm extremely close to being 100% done with UT.

Never again. I don't care if he comes here and wins, I am 100% out on a Schiano hire.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not sure they could make a worse hire. Not only is he not qualified to be the next Head coach, he is a worse person!

No!

I just got an update from espn app while typing says breaking news: TN and Shiano finalizing deal. I'm wearing a TN shirt today. May be my last time sporting TN gear. If this is all we can do, I'll give football up and focus more on hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm also guessing that at least 2/3 of the people who say they won't still will. Probably more like 4/5 if he's successful (which he probably won't be).
I disagree with your assertion completely. This is the 3rd straight bad hire in a row. I do not include Kiffin in this we will never know what might have happened if he had not run out in the middle of the night like a frightened child.

Some may say how can I say that GS is a bad hire. Well, if anyone can say with a straight face that Rutgers is a major college football team or the TB Bucs that GS coached were worth a damn then I will back off my statement.

This guy's personality will really appeal to kids in the south. (major sarcasm)

I have been a fan and follower of the Vols since Doug Dickey back in '65 when I was a 9 year old kid. Stuck through the good and bad.

But the fact that there were better, moral people out there to consider and this is what we may get.

I am DONE. Not worth the pain and sadness that losses by the Vols bring to me.

I guess the easy thing to say to use an old quote "I am getting too old for this sh*t".

I am so disappointed in John Currie. I have said time and time again that he would find us a good coach to lead our program. I was 100% wrong.

Ill watch just because after 30 years its hard not to see Tennessee football. But i wont drive 13 hours to attend a game nor will i buy merchandise anymore. Maybe its time to find a local FCS college to cheer for. Itll be cheaper for me.

VN Store

Back