Will Bru McCoy return ?

Well come on. We'll share a drink (non-alcoholic) before the game, sit together during the game, and then if you root for the opposing team, throw you from Mt. Leconte afterwards. 😁

Little advice since you're new, and welcome aboard. When posting, use phrases like "pocket presents" when talking about QBs. Definitely use "pre Madonna" when talking about a player with personality issues. When responding to someone who said something positive, always call them a sunshine pumper. If the person says something negative, call them a negavol. Misspelling words is a plus, respect the Vol ladies, and that should cover it.😁
Got it down already on the misspell part, putting the players on a Roaster instead of Roster, I see potential.

I really feel Bru has not proven himself on the field enough to improve his draft stock.
He has 1120yds in 1 full season and two half-seasons.
Presently #38 WR in this draft (NFL Draft Buzz).

Scouting Report: Weaknesses

• A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
  • He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
  • McCoy isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.

Those reported weaknesses are not things he can overcome with a good Combine performance. He can improve his routes against zone coverage and simply outperform his reputation.
He should come back with the intention of improving his draft stock and getting a sweet NIL package in the interim. It is a gamble, but, I think, a good one.

I really feel Bru has not proven himself on the field enough to improve his draft stock.
He has 1120yds in 1 full season and two half-seasons.
Presently #38 WR in this draft (NFL Draft Buzz).

Scouting Report: Weaknesses

• A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
  • He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
  • McCoy isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.

Those reported weaknesses are not things he can overcome with a good Combine performance. He can improve his routes against zone coverage and simply outperform his reputation.
He should come back with the intention of improving his draft stock and getting a sweet NIL package in the interim. It is a gamble, but, I think, a good one.
He won’t be healthy enough to participate in the combine or pro days. That alone is why he should return. My concern is how healthy will he be in the fall and can he help Tennessee.

Not really sure what Bru and Spraggins are waiting on to announce their intentions for 2024. An NFL grade? More NIL money from UT or another college? Since both are injured, I doubt either is at bowl practice.

Reactions: volstudent26
We have some young, talented receivers who are getting their feet wet (Webb, White, Nimrod, Leacock and Thorton). We've added some serious talent in this recruiting class - guys projected to be able to make immediate impact (Mathews and Staley). We've added a very talented, experienced WR from the portal (Brazell) and are in the mix for another (Stewart) - guys who would compete for starting positions. I wonder if McCoy has told the coaches he's going pro - they are certainly loading the WR room.

Last edited:
We have some young, talented receivers who are getting their feet wet (Webb, White, Nimrod, Leacock and Thorton). We've added some serious talent in this recruiting class - guys projected to be able to make immediate impact (Mathews and Staley). We've added a very talented, experienced WR from the portal (Brazell) and are in the mix for another (Stewart) - guys who would compete for starting positions. I wonder if the McCoy has told the coaches he's going pro - they are certainly loading the WR room.
EVERY WR you just listed could USE a Year With Bru!

Little advice since you're new, and welcome aboard. When posting, use phrases like "pocket presents" when talking about QBs. Definitely use "pre Madonna" when talking about a player with personality issues. When responding to someone who said something positive, always call them a sunshine pumper. If the person says something negative, call them a negavol. Misspelling words is a plus, respect the Vol ladies, and that should cover it.😁
And don't start a thread with just a player or staff member name, volnation will blow a gasket

VN Store

Back