Why?

Wow. I’ve never heard that story. I hope Pruitt has learned from that. You just can’t get away with stuff like that as a head coach.

That's basically true. Former player then coach Bryan McClendon (now at south carolina) stepped in to defend Richt......those were the two that actually came close to going knuckle junction.

Living in Georgia, here is what I heard from both sides of the situation when Pruitt worked under Richt.
Pro Richt people thought that Pruitt cursed too much and was a crude redneck and not Christian acting enough.
Anti Richt people thought that Pruitt thought that Richt wanted to run a Sunday School instead of a football program. Pruitt didn’t like all of the wearing religion on the sleeve stuff and thought Richt acted “holier than thou”.

Wondering how Richt's approach works long-term with those choirboys in Miami?

Actually it was a slick ploy by Murray to change the narrative and leave a coach and his players defending himself and their coach respectively rather than discussing nothing but Tennessee football and their team.

Although, I do sincerely doubt that Murray was the brains behind this scheme. He was just the sock puppet mouthpiece who strategically spewed the vitriol just prior to SEC Media Days. Any other time, few would've given a rat's ass about what a washed-up, has-been Georgia quarterback had to say about anything. You see this sort of machination in politics all the time.

Last edited:
Wondering how Richt's approach works long-term with those choirboys in Miami?

Supposedly he is “changing the culture “ at the U and getting rid of the thug element.
He’s in a much easier conference now...really only 3 tough games a year.

That's basically true. Former player then coach Bryan McClendon (now at south carolina) stepped in to defend Richt......those were the two that actually came close to going knuckle junction.

I think one of the best things I’ve noticed about Pruitt is that he’s surrounded himself with smart people. The successful people in this world do well because they surround themselves with people as smart or smarter than they are and are comfortable in their own skin.

This is what my 3rd cousin told me. Jeremy Was invited over to Marks house for supper and when he saw that the cornbread was being cooked in a Teflon skillet he went off,

VN Store

Back