Why?

Better question to me is why the narrative that we'll be lucky to compete with the likes of SCjr, KY, UF etc.. Those three come to mind, because of how close the games were in the ambiguously worst season in school history.

I've been skeptical, at best, of this new hual of coaches, but wow. Florida comes to Knoxville, as do the Wildcats. Even Drew Lock and the mighty Mizzou boys come to Knoxville. If the program has progressed at all in the right direction then 7 games shouldn't be this insurmountable goal that only the craziest of fans would try to climb...

Just gives me this suspicion that we win a few more games than we are "capable" of winning.

I may be delusional, but I believe this team barring injuries is much better than most believe.

Reactions: 3 people
There is a reason Jimbo didn’t offer to try to keep him and why neither did Smart, he was had a year left on his contract when Smart was hired, he isn’t a “model citizen” by no means but let me ask, do you want Mr Rogers or do you want a mean SOB redneck that will do everything to win? If he wins, who cares?

I just think he is old school, a throwback, foul mouth dipping redneck that can coach, he’s a country boy coach.

If by "isn't a model citizen" you mean an SOB redneck who doesn't care if he pisses people off, that's OK, and frankly what the program needs right now.

If you mean something other than that, then that ain't good.

Better question to me is why the narrative that we'll be lucky to compete with the likes of SCjr, KY, UF etc.. Those three come to mind, because of how close the games were in the ambiguously worst season in school history.

I've been skeptical, at best, of this new hual of coaches, but wow. Florida comes to Knoxville, as do the Wildcats. Even Drew Lock and the mighty Mizzou boys come to Knoxville. If the program has progressed at all in the right direction then 7 games shouldn't be this insurmountable goal that only the craziest of fans would try to climb...

Just gives me this suspicion that we win a few more games than we are "capable" of winning.

Got to look at more than just the records and scores last year to know why we are in the SEC cellar. Kelly had almost 250 yards against UF and he’s gone. Our best offensive player is out injured and we don’t know when he’ll be back. Our second best offensive player hasn’t taken a snap in almost a year and was kicked off the team for a while. The QB that got Calloway most of his numbers has been replaced by a guy that holds the ball too long and isn’t fast enough to outrun defenders when the pocket collapses. We lost a lot of talent with juniors transferring and going pro.

CJP doesn’t have any head coaching experience and it’s hard learning that on the job. Look at Smart who has UGA operating like a well oiled machine and remember he only won 7 games in year 1 with a ton more talent than we have.

I laughed and probably shouldn't have. :)

Pruitt (banging on Richts house front door):
“Coach, I done know dat yore in there. Com on outta there and let me show you this here scheme I dun worked up for the Auburn game”.
Richt: (from his upstairs window) “Jeremy, it’s 2 in the morning and this is my house. You need to go home now. I’m gonna call my Pastor and he will send our church bus to take you home. You shouldn’t be driving”
Pruitt: “are you fu&&ing kidding me. We gotta chance to win the East this week....and you fu##ing want to sleep.
Je$u$ C$$ist man,....oops, sorry, sorry,,,good gosh golly gee wiillikers man, it’s fu&&ing Auburn week.
Richt: I can’t deal with you now. You woke my wife. Please leave, Jeremy, bless you and I’ll pray for you. (Closes window)
Pruitt:(walking away and mumbling) You oughta be prayin Auburn’s quarterback gets run over by a truck before Saturday or we’re gonna get our G&& Damn
Ass kicked....oh ****...I hope he done didn’t hear me cuss.

This has been said on here before, but I will just speak on 3 instances that I know are true. If you don’t think so, ask Rocker or Sherrer..,

It IS true that Pruitt showed up at Richt’s House drunk

It is true that Pruitt went after Richt physically and got his tail beat by Thomas Brown

There was a fracture in that coaching staff but it started years before, UGA AD wanted Richt to be less hands on and more CEO minded, biggest thing he wanted was him to be more of the kissing babies, raising donations type, just the figurehead (and doing the ADs job), So, Richt relented, trained Bobo and gave up playcalling. After Bobo left, he wanted to call plays again, AD forced him to make a hire, a bad hire, Schottenheimer. Why does that matter? Bear with me. Richt hires Pruitt from FSU after Grantham basically is fired. Richt allows Pruitt to recommend some hires-Rob Sale, Kevin Sherrer, Mark Hocke (all former Bama guys). Sherrer-homerun, love that dude, Sale-bad, just bad. Hocke-worst of all, he came from Cochran’s tree in S&C but was horrible, absolutely horrible. He was fired and went to YMCA if that tells you anything, somehow got hired A&M and got fired again, you heard people describing A&M last year, as Charmin soft.

Schottenheimer and Pruitt are the ones who first started as Pruitt went after Schotty, Richt stepped in as he didn’t want coaches fighting so basically Pruitt’s friends chose sides and the room was fractured and Pruitt turned his anger towards Richt. Richt allowed Pruitt leeway and maybe too much rope too early.

There is a reason Jimbo didn’t offer to try to keep him and why neither did Smart, he was had a year left on his contract when Smart was hired, he isn’t a “model citizen” by no means but let me ask, do you want Mr Rogers or do you want a mean SOB redneck that will do everything to win? If he wins, who cares?

I just think he is old school, a throwback, foul mouth dipping redneck that can coach, he’s a country boy coach. I think he would be perfect 30 years ago, but remember we do live in a PC world so I would be a bit concerned because we know if u just say one ‘incorrect’ word, the PC police come calling. Otherwise, it’s football, it’s supposed to be a little rough around the edges,

Like I said when he was hired, he can flat coach, at least position wise, we don’t know yet as HC. He can recruit, he does great at finding talent, especially lower ranked (3 stars) and has them playing as 4 stars, He has been known for being able to get big names to visit, but at times struggled to land them but is great at finding guys that fit what he wants. Give him time, he will get it going. I will be curious how he reacts and everyone who knows him from previous stops will be as well when things aren’t doing well, how will he react? THAT is my only question on him. He’s got to learn from previous experiences since he is now the main guy, I think he can, he’s smart and knows, will be interesting at least.

I won’t put the other rumors out but I can tell you the above is true... :hi:

so, in other words, Coach Pruitt is...cornbread?

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for sharing. Beware, the white knights are crafting a response where they pick apart every sentence.

I don’t know who the “white knights” are but I don’t see anything to pick apart . Most of the men and probably a few women are reading this story and relating it to one of their own or are thinking they knew someone who they would like to do that to. On a personal note, It sounds like we have a piss and vinager coach I’m sure his staff knows that as well . The last three head coach’s we had , you couldn’t melt them all together and come up with one person that you could pour on to somebody . Kids will bust through walls to follow someone that will stand up with them and for them .

This has been said on here before, but I will just speak on 3 instances that I know are true. If you don’t think so, ask Rocker or Sherrer..,

It IS true that Pruitt showed up at Richt’s House drunk

It is true that Pruitt went after Richt physically and got his tail beat by Thomas Brown

There was a fracture in that coaching staff but it started years before, UGA AD wanted Richt to be less hands on and more CEO minded, biggest thing he wanted was him to be more of the kissing babies, raising donations type, just the figurehead (and doing the ADs job), So, Richt relented, trained Bobo and gave up playcalling. After Bobo left, he wanted to call plays again, AD forced him to make a hire, a bad hire, Schottenheimer. Why does that matter? Bear with me. Richt hires Pruitt from FSU after Grantham basically is fired. Richt allows Pruitt to recommend some hires-Rob Sale, Kevin Sherrer, Mark Hocke (all former Bama guys). Sherrer-homerun, love that dude, Sale-bad, just bad. Hocke-worst of all, he came from Cochran’s tree in S&C but was horrible, absolutely horrible. He was fired and went to YMCA if that tells you anything, somehow got hired A&M and got fired again, you heard people describing A&M last year, as Charmin soft.

Schottenheimer and Pruitt are the ones who first started as Pruitt went after Schotty, Richt stepped in as he didn’t want coaches fighting so basically Pruitt’s friends chose sides and the room was fractured and Pruitt turned his anger towards Richt. Richt allowed Pruitt leeway and maybe too much rope too early.

I just think he is old school, a throwback, foul mouth dipping redneck that can coach, he’s a country boy coach. I think he would be perfect 30 years ago, but remember we do live in a PC world so I would be a bit concerned because we know if u just say one ‘incorrect’ word, the PC police come calling. Otherwise, it’s football, it’s supposed to be a little rough around the edges,

Like I said when he was hired, he can flat coach, at least position wise, we don’t know yet as HC. He can recruit, he does great at finding talent, especially lower ranked (3 stars) and has them playing as 4 stars, He has been known for being able to get big names to visit, but at times struggled to land them but is great at finding guys that fit what he wants. Give him time, he will get it going. I will be curious how he reacts and everyone who knows him from previous stops will be as well when things aren’t doing well, how will he react? THAT is my only question on him. He’s got to learn from previous experiences since he is now the main guy, I think he can, he’s smart and knows, will be interesting at least.

I won’t put the other rumors out but I can tell you the above is true... :hi:

Who was Thomas Brown? Did he play for Richt?

Richt was questioned once by a reporter on the time off he took during football season. He simply stated that he encouraged all of his coaches to do it. He felt church and family were important. It is not like he was goofing off all the time. He still was working almost as much as any other coach. I sincerely doubt many of us could work the hours these coaches do and keep a happy family going. It is no secret his teams had potential to do more over the years which makes his philosophy an easy and somewhat justifiable target.

I really like Pruitt's response. Reading between the lines, I think he's saying AM has no clue what he's talking about.

Vols’ Jeremy Pruitt responds to criticism from Aaron Murray

“Well, first of all, I haven’t exactly heard what it was [he said], but I’ll say this: I don’t really know Aaron,” Pruitt said before taking the stage for his SEC Media Days presser at the College Football Hall of Fame. “I don’t really know him, but I have a lot of respect for what kind of player he was, and I coached against him. But I look at it like this: Fifteen years ago I was a kindergarten teacher, and today I’m the head football coach at Tennessee. You probably don’t make that ascension unless you know how to treat people.”

CEO types climb the ladder very well, and have the highest incidence of psychopathy among all professions. Not the best indicator that you "know how to treat people". Media personalities and journalists are not far behind.

Absolutely not saying that is the case with Jeremy, just don't take for granted that successful people know how to treat people. More often than not, they know how to use and manipulate them.

Should we be worried he took Pruitt or is there no shame in that beat down? I don't remember Brown.

40 year old vs a 7 year NFL veteran 5 years removed from the end of his career and still in his 20’s. Yeah...we hired a wussy with a P.

40 year old vs a 7 year NFL veteran 5 years removed from the end of his career and still in his 20’s. Yeah...we hired a wussy with a P.
First, that was tongue in cheek. How good of a physical fighter our coach is, really is of no consequence. Perhaps there was some way I should have signaled that but I'm still pretty new at posting around here. Second, with that said, perhaps we should be concerned about CJP's judgment in going after Richt with that kind of dude in close proximity. (I keed,I keed, it's just a lot of people tend to worry a lot around here, though I guess with the last 10 years, some of that's justified).

First, that was tongue in cheek. How good of a physical fighter our coach is, really is of no consequence. Perhaps there was some way I should have signaled that but I'm still pretty new at posting around here. Second, with that said, perhaps we should be concerned about CJP's judgment in going after Richt with that kind of dude in close proximity. (I keed,I keed, it's just a lot of people tend to worry a lot around here, though I guess with the last 10 years, some of that's justified).

Coach’s son who learned how far you can push things. Also how to never attempt a meeting of the minds after attending a John Daniels seminar.

Got to look at more than just the records and scores last year to know why we are in the SEC cellar. Kelly had almost 250 yards against UF and he’s gone. Our best offensive player is out injured and we don’t know when he’ll be back. Our second best offensive player hasn’t taken a snap in almost a year and was kicked off the team for a while. The QB that got Calloway most of his numbers has been replaced by a guy that holds the ball too long and isn’t fast enough to outrun defenders when the pocket collapses. We lost a lot of talent with juniors transferring and going pro.

CJP doesn’t have any head coaching experience and it’s hard learning that on the job. Look at Smart who has UGA operating like a well oiled machine and remember he only won 7 games in year 1 with a ton more talent than we have.

Uhh basically was stated Trey Smith was cleared and would be in Fall Camp..... So yeah....

CEO types climb the ladder very well, and have the highest incidence of psychopathy among all professions. Not the best indicator that you "know how to treat people". Media personalities and journalists are not far behind.

Absolutely not saying that is the case with Jeremy, just don't take for granted that successful people know how to treat people. More often than not, they know how to use and manipulate them.
I don’t see anything wrong with what Pruitt had to say on the matter

CEOs have the highest rate of psychopathy among all professions?? Sounds like you completely made that up to support your point

I don’t know who the “white knights” are but I don’t see anything to pick apart . Most of the men and probably a few women are reading this story and relating it to one of their own or are thinking they knew someone who they would like to do that to. On a personal note, It sounds like we have a piss and vinager coach I’m sure his staff knows that as well . The last three head coach’s we had , you couldn’t melt them all together and come up with one person that you could pour on to somebody . Kids will bust through walls to follow someone that will stand up with them and for them .

We absolutely need that kind of attitude as a head coach. Hopefully he can do everything else right for us to be successful. My comment was just directed at those who want a choir boy or a “stand up guy” for a coach. We need someone who can headbutt when necessary so our team doesn’t continue to be so soft.

VN Store

Back