Why transfers and early NFL entries

Kelly won't go undrafted for the very reason he is leaving early, attrition. Someone will pick him up to have him on the bench just in case. I hope he gets paid.

If he does well at the combine he might get drafted...jmo...he'll get a shot either as a low draft pick or a free agent...wish him well

Reactions: 1 person
2017 NFL draft had 30 RB's drafted.
Fournette went 1st and Dayes of NC state went last (30th RB) in 7th round to Browns.
Problem for Kelly is according to analyst over 30 draftable senior RB's are in this class. Also 20 junior RB's came out early. So that is a little over 50 draftable RB's/players to fill typically 20 to 30 RB spots.
2010 just 16 RB's were taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kelly, McKenzie, and Gaulden should have all waited another year--none will likely be high draft picks. Now Dormady is transferring out, even though there is not much reason to think he couldn't be our starter next year. Why?

Hooker, who I thought was one of the best local beat writers, opens the subject. I just wish he had gone a little more in depth with the whole Jones culture.

I'm not a Jones basher, but I'm curious to know some inside details from a decent reporter with no axe to grind.

Quinten Dormady's transfer more evidence of mistrust inside Vols program

Dormady the QB next year? Glad he's gone. With him around you're looking at a 6-6 season,at best.

Reactions: 2 people
Kelly should have stayed if he is who I think he is. Mac will be with Raiders. We need people who are all Volunteer so with that said. Bye!

VN Store

Back