Why the Florida Game Doesn't Really Matter

Say what!!??
blasphemy.jpg

Reactions: photovol
3 to 5 years turnaround rebuild? Heard this before somewhere. 🤔
They’ve taken it to another level now... now we aren’t supposed to expect to be any more than competing for the bottom of the sec in 3 to 5 years. I guess at this point some would have you believe that we should never expect to be peers with the Georgias of the world, we should now be content with fighting for scraps at the bottom even though 120 years of history tells us different. No one is screaming for a miracle to happen this year but why are people so afraid to admit that if we get the right guy in here ( and Pruitt may be the guy I don’t know) we can be competing at the top again much quicker than most think.

Reactions: Tennessee Waltz
Hockey pucks, Glocker.

See, I enjoy Tennessee football for itself. For the opportunity to watch our lads take the field, and show how they can make a play. One really cool play. And then maybe another.

If it all strings together to a "W," that's awesome. If it strings together right for another "W" a week later, even better. And if we can string together enough "Ws" to get to Atlanta, maybe win the SEC crown, compete for a national title, super-awesome.

But it all starts with that one play. One play that is a pleasure to behold.

That's how it is for me, anyway.

If the only way others can enjoy Tennessee football is in bragging rights on Monday morning at the cooler, then I'd say they're missing a big part of the real joy of the sport.

Status and standing are important, yes. Championships are important. But the path leading to status, standings, and championships consists of individual plays, whole long strings of them, one after the other. We're on that path; just haven't gotten very far yet. It is a multi-year path, but we're already on it.

This game matters, sure it does. Each play matters.

Last edited:
Regardless of the outcome Saturday, we're talking about a couple of less than mediocre teams. Unless JG turns into a transcendent talent, we're looking at a couple more mediocre years, at best. By 2020, maybe we got the Jimmys and Joes to stay within a couple scores if Bama and GA, but I am not holding my breath. On the bright side, maybe we'll he back to a place where we don't gave to sweat the Vandy, Mizzou and Ky. Which is pretty much where we should be on average. I will close by saying just enjoy the FL game for what it is. If we lose, it doesn't mean CJP isn't the guy. If by 2020, he doesn't have us to where I eluded to earlier then you can make that argument. But for now, we just have realize it's going to be 2yrs before we are going to be a second tier SEC team.

Pathetic people like you come out of the woodwork like germs. Because after years of reading comments on here and other Vol blogs. You are the losers in life. You never were good at anything and probably never played real football. So you are jealous and hate. You are NOT a Vol fan. I was born a Vol and over 55 years ago. And it does not matter how, what, where or who. They are my Vols by birth and I pull for them. The parasitic maggots like you I guess plague every ball club. And I guess social media is like a microscope. You are seen for the first time. Take your insight elsewhere and tell other losers.

Reactions: VFFL
Regardless of the outcome Saturday, we're talking about a couple of less than mediocre teams. Unless JG turns into a transcendent talent, we're looking at a couple more mediocre years, at best. By 2020, maybe we got the Jimmys and Joes to stay within a couple scores if Bama and GA, but I am not holding my breath. On the bright side, maybe we'll he back to a place where we don't gave to sweat the Vandy, Mizzou and Ky. Which is pretty much where we should be on average. I will close by saying just enjoy the FL game for what it is. If we lose, it doesn't mean CJP isn't the guy. If by 2020, he doesn't have us to where I eluded to earlier then you can make that argument. But for now, we just have realize it's going to be 2yrs before we are going to be a second tier SEC team.

A496215A-0804-482F-B2D5-59744A2E124B.gif

Pathetic people like you come out of the woodwork like germs. Because after years of reading comments on here and other Vol blogs. You are the losers in life. You never were good at anything and probably never played real football. So you are jealous and hate. You are NOT a Vol fan. I was born a Vol and over 55 years ago. And it does not matter how, what, where or who. They are my Vols by birth and I pull for them. The parasitic maggots like you I guess plague every ball club. And I guess social media is like a microscope. You are seen for the first time. Take your insight elsewhere and tell other losers.

I suggest next time, just tell it like it is, no sugar coating. Jmo.

uh what ?
OH it does matter to everyone associated with the VOLS......
If we were playing paper football on a desk IT WOULD MATTER...
Every game matters..
GBO

I see you’re new to the board. I suggest next time you try to be more open and honest about how you feel on here. No reason to hold back, so next time just let your true feelings flow.

Tell Priutt that! Tell these Seniors that! Stupid statement! Florida always matters!! It really matters Saturday!! So don't try to coat your feelings with this "It doesn't matter" crap. Man up and wear it! In fact, there may not be a game on our schedule this year that matters more!

Click bait? If I never hear the term "Jimmy's and Joe's " again, it will be fine with me. This game matters tremendously, especially for recruiting purposes!

Reactions: savannahfan
Bah Humbug!!!
As long as we play the Gators, the game is as pivotal as any in a Vols season. Lose, and we are pretty much relegated to hoping for some substandard bowl. Win, and we have hopes of an SEC East Title and maybe more.

I have to say I am relieved. I expected to open the thread to read the OP' s house just burned down, but he ain't out tha woods, cause he crazy.

I know right.

This should be moved over to politics.

In a football forum for Vol football to say the Florida game doesn’t matter is just out of place.

Every game matters.

It always matters if you're truly a TN fan. Any time an SEC game is played against a historical rival, it means something.
It also means:
Bragging rights for a year (for me in Florida, that's a big deal)
Potential to influence a recruit's decision to attend UT or keep a recruit's commitment
Being 3-1 vs. 2-2
It IS Florida.

Your reasons for why the game doesn't matter are your opinions. Maybe you need to take a 2 year hiatus from watching TN games so you don't have to go through all the mediocrity, holding of breath and such.

Reactions: savannahfan
Hockey pucks, Glocker.

See, I enjoy Tennessee football for itself. For the opportunity to watch our lads take the field, and show how they can make a play. One really cool play. And then maybe another.

If it all strings together to a "W," that's awesome. If it strings together right for another "W" a week later, even better. And if we can string together enough "Ws" to get to Atlanta, maybe win the SEC crown, compete for a national title, super-awesome.

But it all starts with that one play. One play that is a pleasure to behold.

That's how it is for me, anyway.

If the only way others can enjoy Tennessee football is in bragging rights on Monday morning at the cooler, then I'd say they're missing a big part of the real joy of the sport.

Status and standing are important, yes. Championships are important. But the path leading to status, standings, and championships consists of individual plays, whole long strings of them, one after the other. We're on that path; just haven't gotten very far yet. It is a multi-year path, but we're already on it.

This game matters, sure it does. Each play matters.
You said it better than me. I guess it was more of a learning to not get so edge of my seat on every play. Just sitting back and enjoying the game

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back