Why the Florida Game Doesn't Really Matter

Glocker_Alum_2005

Regardless of the outcome Saturday, we're talking about a couple of less than mediocre teams. Unless JG turns into a transcendent talent, we're looking at a couple more mediocre years, at best. By 2020, maybe we got the Jimmys and Joes to stay within a couple scores if Bama and GA, but I am not holding my breath. On the bright side, maybe we'll he back to a place where we don't gave to sweat the Vandy, Mizzou and Ky. Which is pretty much where we should be on average. I will close by saying just enjoy the FL game for what it is. If we lose, it doesn't mean CJP isn't the guy. If by 2020, he doesn't have us to where I eluded to earlier then you can make that argument. But for now, we just have realize it's going to be 2yrs before we are going to be a second tier SEC team.

giphy.gif

Regardless of the outcome Saturday, we're talking about a couple of less than mediocre teams. Unless JG turns into a transcendent talent, we're looking at a couple more mediocre years, at best. By 2020, maybe we got the Jimmys and Joes to stay within a couple scores if Bama and GA, but I am not holding my breath. On the bright side, maybe we'll he back to a place where we don't gave to sweat the Vandy, Mizzou and Ky. Which is pretty much where we should be on average. I will close by saying just enjoy the FL game for what it is. If we lose, it doesn't mean CJP isn't the guy. If by 2020, he doesn't have us to where I eluded to earlier then you can make that argument. But for now, we just have realize it's going to be 2yrs before we are going to be a second tier SEC team.
Wow so now our standards are after 3 more years we can compete with the Kentucky’s and vandys of the world and perhaps start getting some moral victories against the bamas and georgias of the world. I get GA left smart a better situation but let’s not forget we are barely a year removed from competing and beating Georgia our fair share, Kirby has come in and made them elite pretty much overnight... I’m not expecting that here but it’s to much to expect that in 3 years we could possibly be competing with them again? Get out of here with that garbage.

Wow so now our standards are after 3 more years we can compete with the Kentucky’s and vandys of the world and perhaps start getting some moral victories against the bamas and georgias of the world. I get GA left smart a better situation but let’s not forget we are barely a year removed from competing and beating Georgia our fair share, Kirby has come in and made them elite pretty much overnight... I’m not expecting that here but it’s to much to expect that in 3 years we could possibly be competing with them again? Get out of here with that garbage.

Think about what you just said. We barely beat UGA when they were playing a FR QB. We lose a game like that 99 times out of 100. But just look at the difference one year makes. We go from barely winning to getting absolutely demolished at home. Lets look at what UGA is doing in recruiting. They are signing classes that are unreal. Meanwhile, we get in the top 10-15. Its a sad pill to swallow but yes its gonna take more time than many want to get back to being good. Competeing with UGA? Its likely thats a pipe dream now. We are so far behind them it osnt even funny. UGA is our new Bama.

Think about what you just said. We barely beat UGA when they were playing a FR QB. We lose a game like that 99 times out of 100. But just look at the difference one year makes. We go from barely winning to getting absolutely demolished at home. Lets look at what UGA is doing in recruiting. They are signing classes that are unreal. Meanwhile, we get in the top 10-15. Its a sad pill to swallow but yes its gonna take more time than many want to get back to being good. Competeing with UGA? Its likely thats a pipe dream now. We are so far behind them it osnt even funny. UGA is our new Bama.
I know what I said, think about what you said... you said yourself look at the difference one year makes... exactly!!! So why in 3 years time should we still expect to be mediocre at best and not even thinking about beating UGA? Georgia as an institution in football is comparable to us... they have better in state talent, however facilities and resources are roughly the same, and quite frankly we have more tradition... the big difference right now between us and them is they found THE GUY. It’s really that simple. I’ll give Pruitt time but it’s usually very obvious by year two if you have found THE GUY or not. I swear I think some posters on this board are moles sent to post by the UT admin to try and brainwash this community into thinking they don’t deserve anything. There can’t be this many people simply content with sucking forever that are true vol fans.

I had Florida as a loss last year, when I look at the 2018 schedule. So, beating Florida may get us to bowl eligibility. I see us beating Vandy & Ky. because we will improve each week, but I see us losing to USC & Missouri. Missouri's passing attack will be too much for our db's. No coach at U.T. has ever beaten WIll Muschamp, I don't see this year being any different.
I see 5 wins but beating Florida would get us that 6th win. Of course, we could possibly fall flat against Vandy and/or Ky. and not even reach 5 wins.

Reactions: Rockyjr
I have to say I am relieved. I expected to open the thread to read the OP' s house just burned down, but he ain't out tha woods, cause he crazy.

Reactions: montanatenn
tenor.gif

You need to win this game to show progress to the recruits. Another loss to a team that went 4-7 last year, your equal, at home, will not be good.

The really sad part is, we could combine UF and UT, give em 8 weeks to practice, allow Pruitt to focus on defense, Mullen on offense, combine the fan bases, and I still don’t think they would be able to compete with Bama and UGA.

Reactions: guevara

poops.gif

3 to 5 years turnaround rebuild? Heard this before somewhere. 🤔

Reactions: JuicyBrucey

VN Store

Back